Well Kevin's nanny net laptops fail even more... (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I go to school yesterday. And they've upped the blocks. I used to have fairly good access on mine because I have a TAFE login. But now, all blogs are blocked, but the worst thing of all...

The boredofstudies is blocked! What will I do in my guidance/career lessons now? And all the other bludgy subjects. The only good thing I can get on is youtube, but I can't watch youtube video's in class.

So now my virtually useless laptop, is now utterly useless. It's just a brick that I'll probably find out in later life has caused me to have some back injury from a too heavy schoolbag.

Epic fail nanny net laptop.

kramxel

HSC
haha your school blocked bored of studies

im using an old year 12 login and it works

Captain_Awesome

HSC
go command prompt [you can get to it in the start menu or by going run and typing cmd]

type ping http://www.boredofstudies.org/

it should leave a ip address type that into the address bar or the web broswer

Last edited:

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
You can stop whinging because you didn't fucking pay for it... Do you school work and feel lucky that you have access to the internet and an education system that makes sure you have access to a computer

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's okay. I got it's working again. Just a once off glitch I guess. And eesh last poster, aren't you being a bit harsh? I was annoyed because I thought it was back to the level of blockage it once was it. Like a museum website being classed i.e Arts/Culture.

And in a roundabout way, couldn't you say my parents paid for it? Through all those years of taxes which a portion does go into public school? So why don't you stop having an irrational rant and I'll stop "whinging" okay?

hosay

HSC
N/A
is it possible to re format the hd on those laptops and install ur own windows and use it as a normal laptop?
i guess that would prevent acccess to the schools wireless tho

Existential

HSC
N/A
I go to school yesterday. And they've upped the blocks. I used to have fairly good access on mine because I have a TAFE login. But now, all blogs are blocked, but the worst thing of all...

The boredofstudies is blocked! What will I do in my guidance/career lessons now? And all the other bludgy subjects. The only good thing I can get on is youtube, but I can't watch youtube video's in class.

So now my virtually useless laptop, is now utterly useless. It's just a brick that I'll probably find out in later life has caused me to have some back injury from a too heavy schoolbag.

Epic fail nanny net laptop.
the school filter is controlled by the NSWDET, not the Rudd Gov't.

blocking sites is a problem in NSW, regardless what PM we have.

stop generalising.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's okay. I got it's working again. Just a once off glitch I guess. And eesh last poster, aren't you being a bit harsh? I was annoyed because I thought it was back to the level of blockage it once was it. Like a museum website being classed i.e Arts/Culture.

And in a roundabout way, couldn't you say my parents paid for it? Through all those years of taxes which a portion does go into public school? So why don't you stop having an irrational rant and I'll stop "whinging" okay?

And in a roundabout way you could also argue that those who don't have children who go to school in Australia and/or recently migrated from abroad are paying taxes which go to those laptops.

I used to be annoyed about them knowing that most of them are probably going to be used for games or some other very non-productive use of my taxpayers money but I suppose it's a part of life and I guess it may even encourage 'creativity' in circumventing the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)