#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

HeroWise

HSC
@Etho_x x.x i was watching nisekoi at that time. jkjk WIsh u all the best. HSC for me is next year ripppp

uryour

HSC
N/A
More importantly, probably doing well in all your subjects would be beneficial but thanks for the advice
Well yeah. But there tends to be some students who believe that doing really well in all their others subjects and ignoring english will get them a high ATAR (me included). This means they use the time they would be studying for english to study for their other subjects (or procrastinate lol). But yeah do well in all of your subjects. Anyways Good Luck year 11 ain't that bad though :)

valeriexbk

HSC
This might be a bit of topic and you have probably heard this enough.
BUT I STRESS THAT YOU DO WELL IN ENGLISH.
As a 2019er it pushed my ATAR down way too much.
I did 6 subjects and got 4 B6's (low, low, mid, high), 1 high B5 and a high B4 in English.
Whilst I should have gotten a mid 90's ATAR (I believe at least looking at friends with similar results but got a mid B5 for English). I received a low 90's ATAR. Although it still allowed me to get into my course it might make the difference for some of you guys. So just a heads up, please make sure you do decent in it at least. (My fault for barely studying for it and not listening in class and generally hating the subject).

EDIT: The new course for standard english might be decent scaling. There were more B6's for standard english than english advanced in my school lol. But I go to a low ranked school so maybe research this if you want.
well fucc...my school is ranked in the 400's and I suck at english. im actually f*cked.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
well fucc...my school is ranked in the 400's and I suck at english. im actually f*cked.
My school is close to 400 and I sucked and still suck at English...... I Only got an 85 in English standard imao

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
English is just one of the subjects that will count towards your ATAR, it could certainly drag down your ATAR - but so could any of the other subjects counting towards your ATAR. I don't think it's worth stressing over it any more than your other subjects, but it's also important that you don't neglect it.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Is anyone doing VET subjects? If so, do any of you know how the scaling or the subject works? Like i heard your rank at school for that subject and your trials mark don’t matter. It’s all 100% the HSC exam. I’m a bit worried because there are people who do good at school but really bad in the exam and I’m that type of person🙃 :p
I'm not doing a VET subject but I would think that all of your marks you get in Year 12, including the marks you get in your HSC exam are important. In terms of scaling, don't worry about that too much. There are people I know who did VET subjects or other subjects which to them didn't 'scale as well' and they still achieved very high ATAR's.

periodmami

HSC
anyone doing a lot of creative (CAPA) subjects? Im doing drama and visual arts <3

YoYoWayne

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I like Drama. I am indeed excited for both, although I prefer working individually
I wish I did drama TAT My friends who did them had great fun (and gave an amazing performance)!
Did music 2 and quite enjoyed it haha. Wish it had as many student as music 1 though

SpiderX1X

HSC
Does anyone have tips to do better at English?

Is it just a 'no-shortcut' method and you just keep submitting draft essays until you get better everyday?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

Is it just a 'no-shortcut' method and you just keep submitting draft essays until you get better everyday?
Well that’s what I did and it worked wonders for me.

Wizjaro

HSC

I was doing pretty bad at English in school but then after getting a tutor she kinda taught me how to write essays properly. So to do good in English I think you need two things. 1. Understand your text and know it veryyy well, and 2. Be able to communicate your ideas effectively. For the first one just read your text and critical readings about your text nd for the second one practice making drafts or get someone to help you with communicating your ideas. If you can do this you’ll do great. By following this my marks jumped around 30%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)