Weimar Republic (1 Viewer)

historykidd

HSC
Interesting split this year for Weimar / Nazi.

I know of at least 5 people who were put off by the 1923-39 cultural question, did anyone get caught out?

Personally I thought it was a pretty good paper overall and foreign policy had to be there eventually.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Nope, i was stoked i predicted both questions. Look at all the past papers and you will see that foriegn policy hasn't been inferred to for a long time, while the cultral artistic flourish/boom of the Weimar period has never been asked.

abbott75

HSC
I did the cultural q. I just hope I didn't go outside the specified time period...

RyelleBlitz

HSC
I was a bit 'omg.' at first, but I got over it. Yay for just having read it!
I wasn't sure (at first) about what I should talk about, and I couldn't remember all the stuff that was in my text book on what flourished during 1923-29 (art and architecture, science, that sort of thing), but then I realised I could talk about all of the youth groups, democratic changes (banning of other parties), women in the society, and being a Jew. w00t!

oconnor

HSC
I liked the Cultural question :) Had noo idea about foreign policy.

catbeachley2095

HSC
well i can honestly say that i have never seen the time periods split like that, though once i thought i about it i was ok.....
still, a bit mean though.

Magicana

HSC
I did the cultural question.

I split it into what happened 1923-33 and 1933-39, then did a paragraph on why it changed. I thought that was the best way to do it. I wasn't 100% sure on that foreign policy question, although I knew I could have rambled on about it.

6 pages, roughly.

historykidd

HSC
Umm I think I discussed > Weimar Period with Peter Gay's research of modernism / irrationalism in art / dada art > progressive role of women within society > flucation of social fabric with Depression > rise of militarism

for Nazi's I sorta just went through a generic process of social life under the Nazi's > women/children/political parties/labour union dismantlement /editorial law > architecture such as Speer's becoming more classical / reflective of Nazi aims to convey thousand year Reich > and I think I mentioned Leni Riefenstahl.

Oh well :/ hoping for 22-23 for this part.

cadylayne

HSC
I AM SO ANGRY THERE WAS NO GOOD QUESTION ABOUT WEIMAR.

I SERIOUSLY KNEW SO MUCH ABOUT WEIMAR.

I think I did an ok job on the social/cultural questions, managed to get some historiography in there.

BUT I WAS SO GOOD AT WEIMAR.

*cries*

MotoMan106

HSC
Yeh i was really hoping 4 someting on Weimar but wat ya going 2 do.
yeh i thought the Culture question was not 2 bad but very different time perios. like that other dude i split it up and yeh.
History is now history yay

-pari-

HSC
N/A
um? there WAS a question on weimar?
the cultural one?

unless you were expecting the collapse of weimar in which case u have very little reason to be angry since thats a VERY narrow expectation

i thought the split was interesting. didn't notice it at first so was glad that i didn't get caught out

i split it into (golden era) (great depression) (nazi period)

mzduxx2006

HSC
historykidd said:
Umm I think I discussed > Weimar Period with Peter Gay's research of modernism / irrationalism in art / dada art > progressive role of women within society > flucation of social fabric with Depression > rise of militarism

for Nazi's I sorta just went through a generic process of social life under the Nazi's > women/children/political parties/labour union dismantlement /editorial law > architecture such as Speer's becoming more classical / reflective of Nazi aims to convey thousand year Reich > and I think I mentioned Leni Riefenstahl.

Oh well :/ hoping for 22-23 for this part.
hm i think i interpreted the question totally wrong :(

i discussed cultural booms as in art and architecture and literature

socially i reffered to things such as occupation of the ruhr which led to hyperinflation, then things such as the dawes plan locarno treaty and young plan which relieved financial pressure, introduction of rentenmark, i discussed how socially civilians were emancipated and women started smokin etc. i stressed that the rapid change was due to the collapse of the democratic weimer state beccoming totalitarian under hitler then i just threw in the enabling act and nuremberg laws to identify how socially, civilians were repressed.

ARGHHHHHH I think i fuked up hard....someone shoot me now :(

historykidd

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
hm i think i interpreted the question totally wrong :(

i discussed cultural booms as in art and architecture and literature

socially i reffered to things such as occupation of the ruhr which led to hyperinflation, then things such as the dawes plan locarno treaty and young plan which relieved financial pressure, introduction of rentenmark, i discussed how socially civilians were emancipated and women started smokin etc. i stressed that the rapid change was due to the collapse of the democratic weimer state beccoming totalitarian under hitler then i just threw in the enabling act and nuremberg laws to identify how socially, civilians were repressed.

ARGHHHHHH I think i fuked up hard....someone shoot me now :(
Nah that sounds pretty good to me I reckon.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
dude how the hell did you write about so much? i got half of that in and i wrote just over a booklet.

historykidd

HSC
How often did you guys relate to changing circumstances outside social and cultural life? I found it pretty difficult to do consistantly.

HSC
geez tough question on weimar. i was completely caught out, im just lucky i did plenty of work on culture and crap in weimar before the trials. so im hoping to do alright.

and just on pacific, it was terrible. evaluate importance of the coral sea wtf? there was no a-bomb question, no home fronts, bos are oh so cruel.

sezza899

HSC
I talked about social life in 1920’s as a result of the far reaching effects of the Treaty of Versailles, Reparations, hyperinflation, boom in film industry, expressionists movment, then I talked about changes under Hitler – women, Hitler youth, jews, etc.
I based my Hitler argument around why he wanted change – to socially and culturally revolve German society around the idea of Voksmeinshaft – one society under the Furher, and other Nazi idealogies such as Arayan superiority.

I think I did ok!

el gwapo

HSC
What I thought was to talk properly about 1923 I had to revert back to why 1923s social structure was that way - i had to talk about the 1918 revolutions, rise of SPD/KPD/USPD, fall of conservative authoritarian rule, etc. I'd studied a lot about the Weimar, but not much on cultural life. Obviously I knew the basic cultural advancements (jazz, swing, expressionism etc. etc.) but for social life I knew quite a bit on politics so I stated immediately that political aspects of Germany 'permeated' into societal life, giving basis to talk about politics and its effect on society.

How and why.. the more I looked at those two words the more I worry about my essay. I didn't mind the paper overall but gee, I wouldn't want to see that Germany question ever again!

bisento

HSC
Wow I definitely did not expect, or want that Weimar question. I would have loved last year's paper, really. Fall of Weimar is such a fun essay. But, so, yes, I simply took the foreign policy question, I had plenty there by virtue of studying Conflict in Europe, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)