Watson captain for sure (1 Viewer)

Austenite-13

HSC
Watson's expected to do too much and I think that's why he's failing.
161 not out and man of the match in the last ODI, man of the match in the first T20 on a losing side and our 2nd most run-scoring batsmen from the Ashes series. Doesn't seem like he's failing to me....

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
2nd ODI team probable - Watson, Haddin, Clarke, White, D Hussey, Marsh, Smith, Lee, Hauritz, Bollinger, Tait (Cricinfo)

Some changes including Marsh for the injured Mike (hopefully a quick recovery!), Hauritz is back (finally) and Tait is in for Johnson who has a throat infection.

I remember Marsh opening a couple of innings for Australia and for some reason didn't look too comfortable. Haddin is definitely an opener, he's aggressive and rotates the strike well. I'm also surprised McKay isn't in; he's an excellent pacer with an impossible to detect slower ball.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
2nd ODI team probable - Watson, Haddin, Clarke, White, D Hussey, Marsh, Smith, Lee, Hauritz, Bollinger, Tait (Cricinfo)

Some changes including Marsh for the injured Mike (hopefully a quick recovery!), Hauritz is back (finally) and Tait is in for Johnson who has a throat infection.

I remember Marsh opening a couple of innings for Australia and for some reason didn't look too comfortable. Haddin is definitely an opener, he's aggressive and rotates the strike well. I'm also surprised McKay isn't in; he's an excellent pacer with an impossible to detect slower ball.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/496547.html

^ That's probably why for Mckay. Otherwise, if they dropped Mckay, they should all be given the sack. They should give Dan Christian a go as well. He's one of those guys like Watson (could potentially be a bowling allrounder but is still an explosive batsmen) and should replace smith. He averages 41 in the domestic comp and has 36 wickets in 41 matches. Smith's position in the team is team joker. He's too young an inexperienced and he has had ample opportunity to determine his worth but still has not demonstrated in all three formats. He can't be the next Shane Warne and his batting is mediocre.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/496547.html

^ That's probably why for Mckay. Otherwise, if they dropped Mckay, they should all be given the sack. They should give Dan Christian a go as well. He's one of those guys like Watson (could potentially be a bowling allrounder but is still an explosive batsmen) and should replace smith. He averages 41 in the domestic comp and has 36 wickets in 41 matches. Smith's position in the team is team joker. He's too young an inexperienced and he has had ample opportunity to determine his worth but still has not demonstrated in all three formats. He can't be the next Shane Warne and his batting is mediocre.
For McKay,

I like Dan Christian! He's an excellent players; also nice to know he got bought for $900 000 in the IPL (even though the comp's a joke).

I also agree with dropping Smith. When you hear selectors saying that he should be there because he brings energy to the team and gives everyone a lift, you know something's seriously wrong with Australian cricket.

Anyway can't wait for the 2nd ODI to start!

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Watson is a fantastic cricketer but I have no idea what he's like as a tactician, how can he be captain "for sure." But really, one day cricket, do what you like with it.

twistedrebel

HSC
Nice game tonight, good performance dougy and marsh leading the way.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
For McKay,

I like Dan Christian! He's an excellent players; also nice to know he got bought for $900 000 in the IPL (even though the comp's a joke).

I also agree with dropping Smith. When you hear selectors saying that he should be there because he brings energy to the team and gives everyone a lift, you know something's seriously wrong with Australian cricket.

Anyway can't wait for the 2nd ODI to start!
Smith should be dropped ASAP, no contributions with bat or ball.

twistedrebel

HSC
smith got 1/5 in 2 overs today. lol.

Last game he got 2/12 in 2 overs.

tbh he has taken a wicket when australia have needed one. But yeah he is shit.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Drop Smith, he's not ready for the big arena yet, maybe T20 but that's as far as I'd go. And shit seeing Hauritz injured after being rejected by ass selectors the whole summer.

Now Mr Doherty is back.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
But Krejza was "krazy" in the way he always got raped every over! (not as much now though) He'd be better than Doherty I reckon because he always seems to get wickets every match domestically.

Also, he can bowl a carrom ball now!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Also, Steve Smith is a spinner - so is Cameron White. Kick Doherty out and get another batsman in! It'd give an opportunity for that guy everyone wants in the team - Brad Hodge or whatever his name is...

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Steve Smith hasn't been bowling much lately and White hasn't bowled for ages, doubt he'll bowl for a while yet.

And Brad Hodge is too old for the dumb selectors to pick. He's 35 and still piling on runs domestically.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But Cameron White has good bowling ratings on the Ashes Cricket 2009 game... =(

He's 79 or so in bowling. Higher than all other spinners in that game - Krejza, Hauritz...

Wrong game is wrong, perhaps?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
LOL the games always get it wrong. =P

White bowling now in real life would be epically rusty.

Saturn WY15

HSC
My Australia Eleven

1 SH Marsh
2 Watson
3 Pointing
4 Hussy ( Mike )
5 White
6 Clarke - just in a slump of form but he is a classy player just need to find some form
7 Haddin/ Tim
8 Haurzit/ Doherty ( Doesnt really matter, pretty much the same type of bowling and skill in ODI )
9 Bollinger ( One of Australia's best bowlers when in form )
10 Lee
11 Johnson ( good record in India also decent batsmen when in form )

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
My Australia Eleven

1 SH Marsh
2 Watson
3 Pointing
4 Hussy ( Mike )
5 White
6 Clarke - just in a slump of form but he is a classy player just need to find some form
7 Haddin/ Tim
8 Haurzit/ Doherty ( Doesnt really matter, pretty much the same type of bowling and skill in ODI )
9 Bollinger ( One of Australia's best bowlers when in form )
10 Lee
11 Johnson ( good record in India also decent batsmen when in form )
ODI or Test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)