Watches in HSC exams (1 Viewer)

Smeegen999

HSC
I know students are permitted to bring watches in hsc exams, provided they are placed on their desk.

I was just wondering if there are any restrictions on the types of watches we can bring in, can they be digital etc?

I looked on the board site but I could'nt find anything..

undalay

HSC
i believe programmable watches of any kind can not be brought in

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Smeegen999 said:
I know students are permitted to bring watches in hsc exams, provided they are placed on their desk.

I was just wondering if there are any restrictions on the types of watches we can bring in, can they be digital etc?

I looked on the board site but I could'nt find anything..
Well when, i had my exams. The deputy principal read out the rules. As for watches he also added you are allowed to bring any watch into the exam room whether digital or analog provided they do not make any sounds during the exam. The deputy also said we put our watch on the left hand side of our desk so the supervisors can see if they are programmable watches or ordinary watches.

so i guess obviously programmable watches are not allowed. :wave:

Last edited:

Smeegen999

HSC
undalay said:
what specifically are programmable watches? I have a cheap $50 digital watch that i always bring in to school exams because it's easy to read - i guess it would'nt be programmable??

-Anfernee-

HSC
undalay said:

Why would anyone even have a programmable watch?...lol

tigerian

HSC
N/A
dux&src said:
Well when, i had my exams. The deputy principal read out the rules. As for watches he also added you are allowed to bring any watch into the exam room whether digital or analog provided they do not make any sounds during the exam. The deputy also said we put our watch on the left hand side of our desk so the supervisors can see if they are programmable watches or ordinary watches.

so i guess obviously programmable watches are not allowed. :wave:

That is correct. Any watch that pips every hour or does more than just tell the time(date is ok) is not permitted. they also are supposed to be on the students left hand side of the desk and they have to be on the desk not on your wrist

henry08

HSC
N/A
Why do they need to be on the desk?

Lol, so I guess calculator watches are out.

tau281290

HSC
I usually bring a digital watch with a timer to time myself in the exam...i guess that's not allowed in the HSC......uh......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)