Was Text 3, Section 1 a Dog or Human?? (1 Viewer)

Was it text 3(the poem) from section 1 about a dog or human??

• Total voters

matthewford

HSC
The Poem Was About A Dog?

I was reading through another thread and people were dicussing wether or not that the poem in section 1 was actually about a dog not a human. I've been thinking about it and i still believe it was about a human.

At the beginning it spoke about that the traveller hadn't been back in twenty-five years.

Also, why would a dog care so much about rusted tin roofs and stilt houses?

Your opinion?

:rolleyes:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: The Poem Was About A Dog?

um, i think the whole tail shit was a metaphor

TomTomtruck

HSC

I think it was about a dog, at some part it said wagging of a tail or some crap.

but since when do dogs live past 25 ?_?

or maybe im thinking too literally...

Anyway ive had an hours sleep so im probably not the best to answer XD

p.s. incase your wondering it wont really impact your mark if you wrote about it being a dog or not......lol

Just.Snaz

HSC

yeah.. i interpreted it as human - the question was asking about the reflections involved in returning to a place where one grew up.. very much doubt that a dog would have reflections OR return to the place they grew up and reminisce moments..

P

prole

Your all retarted. It was a human. Shut the fuck up.

HSC

bit rich coming from someone calling everyone "retarted"

but yes, if you thought it was a dog and you wrote that it was about a dog don't expect good marks for that question

Pedophiles

Banned
HSC

My friend also thought it was about a dog, and wrote about a dog for his response.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
bit rich coming from someone calling everyone "retarted"

but yes, if you thought it was a dog and you wrote that it was about a dog don't expect good marks for that question
i dont think it would make much difference... so long as u talked about reflections well.

Stang

HSC

there was only one little about the dog wagging its tail
im sure it was about a human

matthewford

HSC

Im positive it was about a human.
When i read it a dog never came to mind.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
by good marks i mean full marks
yea so do i, texts can be interpreted differently, all it asks is "what reflections does the poem offer on returning to the place where one grew up" so long as u answer that, dog or human, full marks are there.

HSC

nah if you thought it was a dog you clearly didn't read the poem properly, so no full marks

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Its not an essay, it does not require you to fully understand every aspect of the text, just the specific part it asks for. If the reflections are from a dogs point of veiw, but they are still damn good reflection responses, i see no reason why they shouldnt get full marks. Texts can be interpreted very differently, people are still arguing about shit like this with hamlet.

HSC

yeah but this is the hsc, if you couldnt pick up that that there was no dog, then the marker is going to think you're an idiot. sure you could support it with with quotes, but obviously if you are not interpreting it properly you won't get full marks

in the end it will be yes this person can support their argument, but they have misinterpreted blantly obvious statements therefore no full marks

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
yeah but this is the hsc, if you couldnt pick up that that there was no dog, then the marker is going to think you're an idiot. sure you could support it with with quotes, but obviously if you are not interpreting it properly you won't get full marks

in the end it will be yes this person can support their argument, but they have misinterpreted blantly obvious statements therefore no full marks
i disagree, in the essays definitly, but in the unseens no. im to tired to get into this. i just disagree.

but just out of curiosity, what are the obvious statements that show its a human

Xunlyn

Flippant Pancakes
HSC

Extended metaphor, guys, geez XD

Did you not get the bit where he leaves on the plane and talks about how that washes away the scent or anything like that?

TomTomtruck

HSC

Don't really get the pointless hate in this thread but w/e.

If you interpret one way and have a good argument for it, how can you be marked down? The whole idea is that if you have a good argument for it then obviously your answer is credible enough, whether you talked about a dog or not.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Xunlyn said:
Extended metaphor, guys, geez XD

Did you not get the bit where he leaves on the plane and talks about how that washes away the scent or anything like that?
yea, i think its a metaphor, but im looking at the poem atm, and it could easily be a dog if you didnt know what an extended metaphor was.

^^what hate? im just curious?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)