War in Iraq (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Atilla89 said:
Lol, I think your forgetting kicking Saddam out of Kuwait.
I dont think so. There was barely any resistance. A good many fled or surrendered. I think the coalition killed more of their own men then the enemy did. That was more of a battle anyway; they didnt try to topple Saddam's statue then.
I dont want to sound picky, but I wouldnt include brief strikes where you have a ratio of about 10:1 against a 3rd world enemy who you know wont fight.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Tulipa said:
I understand that people don't like the way the US government has done things, however, my point is that whatever seems to happen, either way they would've been condemned by the world.
Yes, but Iraq wasn't even on the map before the US put it there. They would have hardly been criticised for not interfering in a non issue.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Britain actually put it there. I think the colonial powers have some moral responsibility to the tribal shit that goes down in their former colonies.
Iraq should never have been left as a big land mass with a variety of very different people inside.

Atilla89

HSC
Iron said:
I dont think so. There was barely any resistance. A good many fled or surrendered. I think the coalition killed more of their own men then the enemy did. That was more of a battle anyway; they didnt try to topple Saddam's statue then.
I dont want to sound picky, but I wouldnt include brief strikes where you have a ratio of about 10:1 against a 3rd world enemy who you know wont fight.
Clearly it was a war (hence the name the Gulf WAR), and clearly the U.S. won. Difficult to get?

banco55

HSC
Iron said:
Britain actually put it there. I think the colonial powers have some moral responsibility to the tribal shit that goes down in their former colonies.
Iraq should never have been left as a big land mass with a variety of very different people inside.
Britain wasn't responsible for their backward tribal ways. You couldn't have drawn a map that took into account all the arab's tribal sensitivities. All the arab countries have minorities that hate the leadership and have to kept in check by military force. The arabs were not made for modernity or for nation states.

forsaken999

HSC
I doubt the war was instigated by either America's hunger for oil or their intrinsic need to free iraqis from thier oppressive dictatorship. The war wasnt so much US vs Iraq , but as much as it was Bush targeting a section of the middle east and blame them for 9/11 in order to capture votes imo. and it worked , after all he was voted in for a second term....

banco55

HSC
forsaken999 said:
I doubt the war was instigated by either America's hunger for oil or their intrinsic need to free iraqis from thier oppressive dictatorship. The war wasnt so much US vs Iraq , but as much as it was Bush targeting a section of the middle east and blame them for 9/11 in order to capture votes imo. and it worked , after all he was voted in for a second term....
This doesn't make any sense. After afghanistan and 9/11 bush was doing very well politically. He didn't need Iraq to bolster his popularity (or the republicans). He could have coasted to an easy win in 2004 but for iraq.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol, I stand by those statements. They havent won a war in 60yrs, and theyre on track to lose this one. Lose it in the ass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)