War in Iraq (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
The Americans are just dealing with existing social structures. LOL at still having tribes in year 2007. No wonder the arabs are so backwards.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Atilla89 said:
Your simplistic response is so typical and so wrong. America armed Saddam because they followed the simple doctrine of my enemy's enemy is my friend in this case Iran was the enemy so they backed Iraq.
Doesnt matter, America created and armed Saddam you cant change that fact. It was AMerica's fault that Saddam had any power at all.

Same goes for the Taliban.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
Doesnt matter, America created and armed Saddam you cant change that fact. It was AMerica's fault that Saddam had any power at all.

yep, fully agree with HotShot !!!!

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
HotShot said:

Explain how America created Taliban?

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:

Yeah the CIA orchestrated the coup that bought Saddam to power and they sold him lots of Russian tanks, airplanes etc. Do the arabs take responsibility for anything themselves? Everything is the fault of america or the jooos.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:

Saddam is definitely a product of Iraq, the Taliban are a product of Afghanistan most certainly, seeing as how the taliban were hardly the only group fighting the soiviets the CIA helped fund ..

Atilla89

HSC
Has anyone ever heard the quote my enemy's enemy is my friend. At that point in time Both Iran and the Soviet Union were the enemy of the U.S. Hence why the U.S. gave arms to Saddam to defeat Iran and also gave arms to the various Afghani militia units in Afghanistan. The Taliban were not created by the U.S. they were created by Osama Bin Laden who became raddicalised through Whabbaism, nothing to do with the U.S.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Tulipa said:
Okay.

Question, if the US did nothing for awhile, left Saddam armed and hypothetically he decided to invade somebody for fun, who would the world blame?

I'm not condoning the war, it's just an idea.

Who else but Saddam? He was one who is invading? But who would Saddam invade is the question? He definetly wouldnt attack any western country most likely target is current 'axis of evil' - Iran. Does this make Saddam our ally?

IT is American intervention that cause the problems that we have today.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Atilla89 said:
Has anyone ever heard the quote my enemy's enemy is my friend. At that point in time Both Iran and the Soviet Union were the enemy of the U.S. Hence why the U.S. gave arms to Saddam to defeat Iran and also gave arms to the various Afghani militia units in Afghanistan. The Taliban were not created by the U.S. they were created by Osama Bin Laden who became raddicalised through Whabbaism, nothing to do with the U.S.
Regardless - america helped the Taliban and Saddam to gain more power - doesnt matter 'enemy.. etc ' the fact is it occurred. There were alternatives at the time.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Tulipa said:
Yes but then wouldn't the world look at where he got his weapons and say HEY AMERICA DID NOTHING.

I'm just saying, often the US isdamned if it does and damned if it doesn't.
America - does get invovled unnecessarily in a lot of things. But if Saddam was in power right now and AMerica relations with Iran were as they are TOday, America would support IRaq in its invasion with Iran. -- if this was the case - then everyone will complain against America.

America gives reasons to people to hate them. People dont like America for no reason,.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I understand that people don't like the way the US government has done things, however, my point is that whatever seems to happen, either way they would've been condemned by the world.

If they stood back and did absolutely nothing, whilst certain wars raged, don't you think as the world's superpower, they'd be asked to step in? Perhaps?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
HotShot said:
Who else but Saddam? He was one who is invading? But who would Saddam invade is the question? He definetly wouldnt attack any western country most likely target is current 'axis of evil' - Iran. Does this make Saddam our ally?

IT is American intervention that cause the problems that we have today.
Um, Kuwait?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont think the US should ever be encouraged to intervene. They havent won a war in 60 years.

Atilla89

HSC
"Regardless - america helped the Taliban and Saddam to gain more power - doesnt matter 'enemy.. etc ' the fact is it occurred. There were alternatives at the time."

No, America did not help the Taliban, America helped Afghan tribes to fight against the invading Sovietys. The Taliban was not around then. They only came to prominance after their leader, Osama, started to become aggressive towards the other tribes and eventually took over. There were no altrenatives at that time, war was the only way against the Iranians (who were hostile to the U.S. - not that I support that war all that much) and the same from the Soviets.

Iron said:
I dont think the US should ever be encouraged to intervene. They havent won a war in 60 years.
Lol, I think your forgetting kicking Saddam out of Kuwait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)