Want to compare multiple-choice answers? (1 Viewer)

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
SureBluff said:
who the heck are you guys?

I bet one of you is Lilster

I got 5 multiple choices wrong

FIVE!!!!

that's shocking man.
Ok. I've found out that you're name is Lawrence.
How do you know if you got five wrong?
If I was you, I'd hope that everybody else you've been hearing from, is wrong.

What are the answers for 8, 9, 10 and why?

..also who has the most correct answers?

crazedmo2003

HSC
I don't know how so many of you managed to get question 7 right.

But yes it's C, but not because of pythagoras....well yes because of pythagoras but not in the way you guys think.

It's C simply because they've already given you the vertical section. There's no need to find the diagonal at all. All you needed to do was ignore the angle and multiple every number together.

My worst mistake in MC was mixing up flux and emf, which I believe costed me question 8.

nath_quam

HSC
Can someone tell me what i got plz
1. C
2. B
3. D
4. B
5. C
6. A
7. C
8. A
9. B
10. A
11. A
12. C
13. D
14. C
15. A

i got 5/15 on my trial so hopefully better this time

Nick_kirk

HSC
hmm, ill post mine

1-C
2-B
3-D
4-B
5-D
6-A
7-C - I fell for the trap
8-A
9-Guess - B
10-D
11-A
12-C
13-D
14-C
15-A

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
The. Answer. For. Seven. Is. A.

AAA
A
A
A

Firstly, Pythagoras.
Secondly, The Magnetic Flux Is Already Acting Perpendicularly On The Conductor.

Gecko888

Gecko88
HSC
The right hand palm rule for induction means you point your palm in the direction OPPOSING the motion. Thus your palm points towards you.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sparcod said:
Ok. How do you do 7?
Show us the techniques.
q7 = direct application of F=BILSin@

where @ = 90 [magnetic field into the page]

u determine the Conductor's length via pythagoras [square magnetic field]
and then use the formulae

slyvester63

HSC
1.C
2.B
3.D
4.D
5.A
6.A
7.C
8.A
9.B
10.D (not sure)
11.A
12.C
13.B
14.B
15.A

These are all my answer.. They questions are not that bad I guess.

Last edited:

Edge_Head

Glavenopolis
HSC
Can anyone explain Q4? i realise that is simple. But majority is saying B, i just dont see how it is, well i sorta do..... If it was thrown wouldnt that mean that acceleration increases? as it leaves the hand? i dont know, can any one lend some insight to this question??

slyvester63

HSC
For me, i think it wouldn't be possible because after half 't' it cannot stop while moving, the graph actually increasing but then its decreasing...
I think its B because horizontal acceleration is always constant. However still got them wrong :p

Last edited:

brack777

HSC
For question 9 I found what looks to be the same generator on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homopolar_generator But it says

"However, unlike all other dynamos, this machine cannot be analysed using Faraday's own law of electromagnetic induction. This law (in its modern form) states that an electric current is induced in a closed electrical circuit when the magnetic flux enclosed by the circuit changes (in either magnitude or direction). However, the circuit in the Faraday disc is parallel to the magnetic flux vector and therefore encloses no magnetic flux. Therefore, Faraday's law does not apply to this machine. Instead, the Lorentz force law is used to explain the machine's behaviour."

If it is not using faraday's law why is it in the exam? lol i got it wrong, i put a :(

slyvester63

HSC
Yea man.. I heard some generator and other modern stuff can be using laws that are not the same to those we studied in secondary school....

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
th whole fucking multiple choice was a tool..i fucked two up for sure now

theodore

HSC
Irskin said:
1. C - g varies according to Gm/r2 and G is the universal gravitation constant

2. B - when the centripetal force of the string is removed, the mass will move horizontally perpendicular to its centre of motion.

3. D - M-M experiment shows the constancy of speed of light which provides evidence for Einstein's theory of relativity

4. B - The only acceleration on a projectile is gravity (g) which remains constant

5. D - Using Kepler's ratios

6. A - The wire will rotate around the magnet in a clockwise direction (i think).

7. C - Using F = BIlsin@ where l is route 1.40 squared

8. A - Im not sure whether flux is maximum or minimum at 0 (possibly B)

9. B - Using right hand palm rule where force is in opposite direction of motion of disc. Therfore current runs from Y to X.

10. A - Not sure about this, something about changing magnetic fields

11. A - Braggs used X-ray crystallography/diffraction

12. C - F = qvBsin@ and F = 0 when velocity is parallel

13. D - Metal lattice does not vibrate as frequently so resuistance is decreased

14. C - Aliminum; E = 5000 Vm-1. So we need E = 10000. This occurs for both perspex and copper, but only copper is suitable

15. D - Im not sure on this one either. Using the wavelength we find that the freqeuncy corresponds to maximum KE for aluminium but work function has to be factored in to find maximum KE. ie. KE = hf - work function of metal

Let me know what you think of these answers. Im hoping for 12-13/15
Agree for the most part, except 7, which is D, cause its perpendicular to the magnetic field (NOT at 45 degrees, as you would believe) and 15 is A, aluminium, worked out by using forumlas, (you get frequency as 1.6 and 2.5 eV, hence Al

That is all...

theodore

HSC
Edge_Head said:
Can anyone explain Q4? i realise that is simple. But majority is saying B, i just dont see how it is, well i sorta do..... If it was thrown wouldnt that mean that acceleration increases? as it leaves the hand? i dont know, can any one lend some insight to this question??
Acceleration on earth, we take as a constant 9.8, (yes okay it varies over the earth, but at the point where its droped is a constant), so yes velocity increases, however gravity is always a constant 9.8, and seeing as the graph wanted is an acceleration-time graph, B shows the constant acceleration of gravity, untill it hits the beach, where there is no more acceleration, showing abrupt end...

hope this clears is up for you.

dongypro

HSC
these are mine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.B
2.A
3.C
4.C
5.B
6.B
7.D
8.B
9.A
10.C
11.B
12.A
13.D
14.A
15.C

im aiming for 99 in physics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)