wanna have a faith (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I often attend a Catholic church and find it helps me personally.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
may i suggest the church of the flying spaghetti monster

http://www.venganza.org/about/

With millions, if not thousands, of devout worshippers, the Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion, even by its opponents – mostly fundamentalist Christians, who have accepted that our God has larger balls than theirs.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
serious post time but your adviser is an idiot

you're already feeling helpless, so they give you this dumb suggestion of "finding a faith" - which is essentially going to make you feel more helpless because actually, choosing a religion is a momentous decision and not something you should do lightly

blindly following a faith because you think it will give you direction in life is a terrible idea

work on yourself first. worship at the temple of you. it is bullshit and a crutch of the religious to believe you need faith in order to validate your existence.

i am happy atheist and do not need to believe in a moongod to find validity and purpose in life, and you shouldnt feel forced to either

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I went to a catholic school and got in trouble for saying to someone "Jesus Christ you are dumb"

Had to write lines of "Thou shall not use the lord's name in vain"

Mayazcherquoi

HSC
serious post time but your adviser is an idiot

you're already feeling helpless, so they give you this dumb suggestion of "finding a faith" - which is essentially going to make you feel more helpless because actually, choosing a religion is a momentous decision and not something you should do lightly

blindly following a faith because you think it will give you direction in life is a terrible idea

work on yourself first. worship at the temple of you. it is bullshit and a crutch of the religious to believe you need faith in order to validate your existence
This.

In all honesty, as others have suggested, try following Buddhism or any other "religion" which requires you to do some form of meditation. That would probably be your best bet at repairing and regaining a full and joyous life.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
also if you do pick a religion make sure u dont pick islam because nothing is going to ruin your life more than not being able to eat bacon

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
incest a game the whole family can play

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
also what the heck is an adviser?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
a person who was a massive failure as a teacher and now spends their days "advising" students on how to succeed in life

obviously taking life lessons from someone who has failed at life is going to get you SO FAR

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Isn't that kind of unethical for an adviser or whatever to suggest religion as a solution?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i would think so

given that public schools are secular

and if she/he goes to a religious school then it would already be assumed they are of that faith

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Kingofthemisc, it's your time to shine! haha :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)