wanna have a faith (1 Viewer)

CcYann

HSC
I want to 'give myself a faith' so that I won't feel such helpless. that's what my advisor told me. she suggested me to go to a church, but I just don't know which one should I go to.
is there anyone can give me some suggestion?
I'm living around west ryde and epping. is there any church I can go to? if so, which one is it?
thanks in advance

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
I want to 'give myself a faith' so that I won't feel such helpless. that's what my advisor told me. she suggested me to go to a church, but I just don't know which one should I go to.
I'm living around west ryde and epping. is there any church I can go to? if so, which one is it?
thanks in advance
I'd suggest churches that believe in the trinity- e.g. presbyterian, full gospel, baptist, espiscopal.
My reason for going was similar to yours (plus I felt depressed about life in general), I went to a presbyterian church. At first it seemed weird that people were singing and worshipping, but as I went more and more I understood why. Knowing Jesus really does have a benefit in improving your life.

When (and if) you get to uni, try joining a few christian societies too^^

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Go to any Catholic church on Sunday morning (most have websites so you can check the service times before) and just sit in a pew in the middle and listen.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
As Vipper said, at universities there are many good Christian groups active on campuses such as Campus Bible Study etc.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
how about instead of worshiping some moongod in the sky and having faith in complete and utter bullshit

you have *faith* in yourself and your own abilities?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Follow a faith because.you believe in it, not because an adviser told u to pick a random one

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
May I suggest random Wikipedia article reading? Read up on a few faiths... short list 'em.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
convert to ancient greek and you get to believe in Zeus and Hercules

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Remember not to believe everything the media says about a particular religion. For example, Islam. I hope you find the right faith for you, best of luck! :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You can feel in control without having an arbitrarily picked faith. You don't have to be"helpless", have faith in your own convictions.

Shape your own moral code and live your life for you. If it's the connection with other people you crave, there are many other ways of forming connections with people that aren't religion.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd suggest churches that believe in the trinity- e.g. presbyterian, full gospel, baptist, espiscopal.
My reason for going was similar to yours (plus I felt depressed about life in general), I went to a presbyterian church. At first it seemed weird that people were singing and worshipping, but as I went more and more I understood why. Knowing Jesus really does have a benefit in improving your life.

Don't forget the Catholic Church.

HSC
N/A
thanks in advance
notsureifsrs

what makes you think you'll be less helpless if you have a religion?
idgi

CcYann

HSC

how can I look for a church that I can go to?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one"

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I mean if you have a motivation to follow a religion, i'm not gonna criticise it, because after all its entirely your own personal decision. Just dont follow it simply on the grounds of someone ELSE, telling u to do so

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Fucking hell.

If you feel so truly powerless and depressed I recommend Buddhism.

It's all about gaining power and strength from yourself and detaching yourself from shit.

And you can pretty much abide by and ignore any of the rules you want and no one will care because they aren't actually rules.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
how about instead of worshiping some moongod in the sky and having faith in complete and utter bullshit

you have *faith* in yourself and your own abilities?
pretty much this.

Remember not to believe everything the media says about a particular religion. For example, Islam. I hope you find the right faith for you, best of luck! :)
yeah

Research it yourself and find out it's horrible that way. :)

Don't forget the Catholic Church.
always forget it

Unless you want to rape boys,

Disempower women,

Believe in creationism, and

Be generally ignorant of everything ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)