vodafone LIVE! - Motorola v360v (1 Viewer)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
hey all,

im planning to buy a phone, i have 500 to spend but was thinking of getting a phone with a budget of 200 and spend the other 300 on a decent mp3 player ;D

so i was flipping through the vodafone catalogue and came across the
Motorola v360v phone

V360v Phone Features

Polyphonic ringtones
MP3 ringtones
Java™ games
Display skins
Integrated camera
Video capture and playback (MPEG4)
Music/MP3 player
Tri-band
EDGE
GPRS
WAP 2.0
Vodafone Live!
Dynamic idle
Push To Talk (PTT) contact list
SMS (Short Message Service)
EMS (Enhanced Message Service, Rel 5.0)
MMS (Multimedia Message Service)
Email (POP3/SMTP/IMAP4)
Instant Messaging (Wireless Village)
iTAP™ predictive text input
5MB internal memory
TransFlash™ memory expansion slot (up to 512MB)
Bluetooth® class 2
mini-USB
SyncML
5-way navigation key
Phonebook (up to 1000 entries)
Photo/ringtone caller ID
Auto-redial
Call registers (dialled, missed and received)
Minute minder
Speed dialling
Voice dialling
Alarm
Calculator
Calendar
Voice recorder (up to 60 seconds)
Integrated hands-free speakerphone
Vibrating alert
Internal antenna
Clamshell form factor

its only $199, i was wondering.. why is it so cheap? is it because the "vodafone" logo and tacted everywhere? oh and they say it has an "mp3 player" =\ is that just for "mp3 ringtones" or is it an actual player?

thanks in advance

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
hey all,

im planning to buy a phone, i have 500 to spend but was thinking of getting a phone with a budget of 200 and spend the other 300 on a decent mp3 player ;D

so i was flipping through the vodafone catalogue and came across the
Motorola v360v phone

V360v Phone Features

Polyphonic ringtones
MP3 ringtones
Java™ games
Display skins
Integrated camera
Video capture and playback (MPEG4)
Music/MP3 player
Tri-band
EDGE
GPRS
WAP 2.0
Vodafone Live!
Dynamic idle
Push To Talk (PTT) contact list
SMS (Short Message Service)
EMS (Enhanced Message Service, Rel 5.0)
MMS (Multimedia Message Service)
Email (POP3/SMTP/IMAP4)
Instant Messaging (Wireless Village)
iTAP™ predictive text input
5MB internal memory
TransFlash™ memory expansion slot (up to 512MB)
Bluetooth® class 2
mini-USB
SyncML
5-way navigation key
Phonebook (up to 1000 entries)
Photo/ringtone caller ID
Auto-redial
Call registers (dialled, missed and received)
Minute minder
Speed dialling
Voice dialling
Alarm
Calculator
Calendar
Voice recorder (up to 60 seconds)
Integrated hands-free speakerphone
Vibrating alert
Internal antenna
Clamshell form factor

its only $199, i was wondering.. why is it so cheap? is it because the "vodafone" logo and tacted everywhere? oh and they say it has an "mp3 player" =\ is that just for "mp3 ringtones" or is it an actual player?

thanks in advance
Since it only has 5MB internal memory and no evidence of a MMC slot, then i would presume that it only has mp3 ringtones...not player
personally i think motorola v360 is a really good phone for that price, but with my past experience with motorolas, i wouldnt really recommend it.
Nokias and sony ericsson are probably the best brands in the mobile market, along with samsung

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That phone has a TFlash (MicroSD) slot so I think it will work... but I too, also don't really like Motorolas (nor SonyEricsson) for that matter. However, if interface doesn't matter that much to you (I'm assuming you haven't used many phones so therefore learning a new interface won't be too much hassle) then go for it- Motorola seem pretty decent (a lot of my mates have had them; and my first analogue phones... 3 of them in fact- were all Motorollas; two big foldout bricks and a Startac).

However if you plan to use the phone alot say for SMS'ing or Calling, then you should get one which is very user friendly. In my experience I'd say Nokia thumps the lot with one button calling, super easy phone book, the interface works the way you'd expect it to work (eg. a number is on screen, you'd expect the Send button to dial it or send the sms; Or you always expect the left softkey to ENTER or right softkey to go BACK, etc..). It sounds like something we take for granted but even though I love my new Samsung D600, it certainly has a few flaws in terms of interface... a couple of times I thought that pressing the Send button would actually send something- but I have to follow tricky menus to send SMS's. Nonetheless, I like it more than the W800i which is SonyEricsson- the menus in that just confuse me with the softkeys changing, and the SMS interface feels awkward, but then I've been brought up on Nokias, and finally, if you were to get say the 1600 or one of the many other generic Nokias which have pretty much identical interfaces except for a few features here and there; it'll be very nice to use, but they tend to have outdated features on their lower-end models like screens which aren't so clear in the sun, or ringtones which don't sound so fancy, etc... but they are also reliable, easy to pick up and use (and figure out), etc...

Anyhow, despite all this, after reading up on the phone's specs, I'd say that phone seems like pretty good value- the reason it's cheap is because it's locked to Vodafone (ie. you can't use any other sim card in it) without unlocking it (which tends to cost money if done legit through Voda). Be prepared to spend around $50-$100 finding a Transflash memory card (they're not too commonn to find- but I believe Motorolla branded packs which contain them are findable in many areas).

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
hey, thanks for the lengthy reply
figured i'd get it :D
last one in NSW! whoo
i got a 512 MB card with it too, so half a gig is great for me
ooh and the guy unlocked it for me n it was freeeee =D
only drawback is that i have to buy the USB cable to transfer mp3s and what not but thats only 20bucks at dicksmith
the videos are so clear which was really surprising!
the phone is abit think though but thats fine :)
ohh and nokia interface is def. better! but moto is alright

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
hey, thanks for the lengthy reply
figured i'd get it :D
last one in NSW! whoo
i got a 512 MB card with it too, so half a gig is great for me
ooh and the guy unlocked it for me n it was freeeee =D
only drawback is that i have to buy the USB cable to transfer mp3s and what not but thats only 20bucks at dicksmith
the videos are so clear which was really surprising!
the phone is abit think though but thats fine :)
ohh and nokia interface is def. better! but moto is alright
did the 512mb card come with it and how big is the screen? I havent been able to see this phone in real life

HotShot

-_-
HSC
no bluetooth? wtf? u should get a phone with bluetooth.

motorola e398 is awesome, best quality sound.

or for a more expensive option the sony ecrisson w800i is good.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It does have bluetooth i thought? *points up at specs* btw i'd recommend you get an SD card reader... assuming that your Tflash card came with the SD adaptor so it can be used. it's a lot faster than usb cable probably and will work in the future with other SD devices.

w800i is crap. Hate the interface and the battery is a shocker.. i've charged mine for 3 days and it still is only 94%.

e398 is great but it's kinda.. not nice looking. the iTunes version (and the v3i) should be good though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)