Visual text - belonging (1 Viewer)

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
idk a single picture is pretty hard to come up with for a related text

kara42

HSC
idk a single picture is pretty hard to come up with for a related text
Well I have an assignment where I have to create a stimulus booklet for belonging with 5 different types of texts.
I already have 2 poems, a movie and a novel so I figured a visual text would make it a little more interesting.

Plus I don't want to do an article.

ajay098

HSC
you could look at the following:

the inability for the indigenous to belong, how they are challenged by modernisation (represented by the trolley), the 3-3 groupings, no colour is involved...

i think it's a hard picture to do for beloning cos there's no colour, postion or texture and normalli, if u choose to do a visual as a text, u need colour cos u can bullshit about the symbolism and connotation of colours.

hope i helped...

icecoffee

HSC
You can use the lack of colour to your adavantage by talking about binary opposites/juxtaposition; the two extremes of black and white can be symbolic of belonging/not belonging. The indigenous people can represent certain cultures/demographics; for example, 'old' people and their inability to adapt to the changing, technology-dependent world.
The only colour is red so focus on the connotations of that - i'm not really sure about how it links to belonging but i'm sure you can bs something here.
Maybe comment on the different sizes of the trolleys and what they mean? The body language/stance of the people --> the tension/insecurity/feeling of being threatened that stem from 'not belonging'.

I dunno...just the first things that popped in my head...bs of course :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)