Vist and MSN don't work together! (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Hey! I just got a brand new lappy with vista pre-installed!

Only one problem, MSN doesn't exactly work.

It's so weird what's happening. I'll explain.

The first time I ran messenger live, it worked fine. I signed in, everything worked. Then I signed out and signed in again, and as soon as msn signs in, it tells me that an error has occured and that vista has to shut it down.

After a few hours, I decide to log-in using a friend's account. Guess what! It logs in fine! But then I sign out and sign in again, same problem. As soon as i sign in, it says an error happened and forces me to shut down msn. I later made a new MSN account and the same exact thing happened.

Weird. I can only use an account once and after that it wont work.

Can anyone please help?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ive got a mate who has a laptop with vista on it and msn working perfectly

must be something you have done...

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
lol... YBK, that's why you don't buy a new Windows Operating System until at least the 11th Service Pack :p jks

i wouldn't know what's causing ur problem sorry...

YBK

HSC
thejosiekiller, I didnt even install anything on the computer before trying out MSN. Maybe it could've been the automatic windows update?

and LOL jono, vista's actually really awsome! super fast! or maybe that's cause i got used to slow computers and then i buy this little beast... :D i'm using trillian instead of msn now... if anyone's ever tried it, it's umm.. pretty crap. ahahah!

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
i had the same problem but i fixed it 2day. All u need to do is uninstall something called java in the control panel add and remove programs. I know u need java for some apps but its not nessary at the moment. Doing that worked for me.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
YBK said:
Hey! I just got a brand new lappy with vista pre-installed!

Only one problem, MSN doesn't exactly work.

It's so weird what's happening. I'll explain.

The first time I ran messenger live, it worked fine. I signed in, everything worked. Then I signed out and signed in again, and as soon as msn signs in, it tells me that an error has occured and that vista has to shut it down.

After a few hours, I decide to log-in using a friend's account. Guess what! It logs in fine! But then I sign out and sign in again, same problem. As soon as i sign in, it says an error happened and forces me to shut down msn. I later made a new MSN account and the same exact thing happened.

Weird. I can only use an account once and after that it wont work.

Can anyone please help?
Are you using version 8.1 final? And yeah a reinstall could fix it.

YBK

HSC
BIGTYMA said:
i had the same problem but i fixed it 2day. All u need to do is uninstall something called java in the control panel add and remove programs. I know u need java for some apps but its not nessary at the moment. Doing that worked for me.
YAY!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT IT WORKS!!

*bows down to your genius! ^_^!*

and LMAO now my contacts say im appearing offline.... but im not really
ah well! good enough! YAY!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)