Violence in a Creative Writing About Belonging?? (1 Viewer)

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
I was going to write a story about a kid who gets bullied, and decides to join a karate gym. He learns karate and then he beats the bully up. Thats the vauge idea of the story. Have you had violence in your short storey and if u did, how did it go? Thanks

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
The violence part of this story isn't what I would be worried about...

This story sounds very cliche and predictable....

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
yeah i agree, ive changed my story to something not too cliche. Thanks mate

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Anyway, violence shouldn't be a problem, as long as you do it correctly (ie. not too much of it)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Violence is fine. Drugs are fine. Sex is fine. Words like Shit, Fuck, Cunt are fine.

Write whatever you think will show and understanding of belonging, and get you good marks

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
Ive decided to go with a more reader-friendly idea. No more Mr Miyagi :(

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
My school is very cautious in terms of violence, sex, drugs, alcohol, and any sort of expletives dominating the creative writing. That being said they don't restrict it from being included in the story; just be sure not to overwhelm your story with descriptive notions of how someone's being punched in the guts or something.

Be wary of the cliches, also. I know teachers constantly tell us to base our story from our own experiences (with that being said, as teenagers we really haven't experienced amazing adventures or far-away journeys, and thus stem our creativity from the ideas and concepts already present in texts). Try and think of something different, perhaps not the plot line; but maybe the context or even the perspective. Being a History student, most of my creative writing stories are set in some Ancient would (positive benefits for you, gives you an interesting plot and story and also reinforces your knowledge of History ~two birds one stone!).

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Yeah, if you overdo it, they're obligated to refer you to a councilor. HSC rules.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, if you overdo it, they're obligated to refer you to a councilor. HSC rules.
I made an amazingly twisted story in the SC hoping they would council me for a laugh.
It didn't happen....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)