Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Moment

HSC
Keep it quick, me as a Muslim strongly oppose to this the protest was unorganised and didn't prove any point.

But sadly in theses times when the world is slow changing (for worse or good) We Muslims have no voice in the media, and that’s why some only believe violence is the answer.

These arguments will continuous for millennium, that what makes us humans. As long as there’s an opposing power, with only money and immoral beliefs in their minds, people will stand up. That life

Please don't judge us Muslims that you ONLY see in the media, each and every group has there evils, But sadly we Muslims are always first put in the spot light

Wish to continue but sadly have HSC to deal with =(

Garygaz

HSC
Quran (4:104) - “And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain…”

Quran (8:12) - “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”

Quran (9:14) - “Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace…”

Quran (66:9) - “O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey’s end.”

like seriously wtf kind of intelligent human being looks at that and is like - 'oh yeh straight from the creator of the universe's mouth'

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohhhh Debauchee is Sylvester I can just ignore everything he says now *phew*

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Quran (4:104) - “And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain…”

Quran (8:12) - “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”

Quran (9:14) - “Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace…”

Quran (66:9) - “O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey’s end.”

like seriously wtf kind of intelligent human being looks at that and is like - 'oh yeh straight from the creator of the universe's mouth'
First quote does not specify what an enemy is, it does not say any non believer.

Second quote is directly followed by a line that makes clear this occurs only in the context of war

Third quote is preceded by a line that indicates it is referring to people who attack you first. As such it is really talking about self defence, hardly an evil concept.

Fourth quote, since when does striving necessitate violence?

Frostbitten

HSC
Can someone enlighten me on how protesting in Australia about how unfair Muslims are treated and before how they want Sharia Law implemented is better than being back over to their country of origin where everything is their way religiously. You know how women have pretty much no rights at all and the punishment for breaking any law is getting your hand chopped off or even worse your head, also lets not forget the fact that free speech in many places is practically non existent, but you know fuck Australia its terrible and we are all racists aren't we lmao.

RANK 1

HSC
Do you honestly believe that the great majority of muslims are violent/barbaric?
That's like saying the majority of Germans were involved in killing the Jews during the holocaust.
most muslims live in the middle east and other third world countries so its highly likely that most muslims are violent went it comes to islam,

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Can someone enlighten me on how protesting in Australia about how unfair Muslims are treated and before how they want Sharia Law implemented is better than being back over to their country of origin where everything is their way religiously. You know how women have pretty much no rights at all and the punishment for breaking any law is getting your hand chopped off or even worse your head, also lets not forget the fact that free speech in many places is practically non existent, but you know fuck Australia its terrible and we are all racists aren't we lmao.
No one will enlighten you on this because the only people who can are the violent protesters who are stupid, illogical and disgusting beyond belief

Garygaz

HSC
First quote does not specify what an enemy is, it does not say any non believer.

Second quote is directly followed by a line that makes clear this occurs only in the context of war

Third quote is preceded by a line that indicates it is referring to people who attack you first. As such it is really talking about self defence, hardly an evil concept.

Fourth quote, since when does striving necessitate violence?
strive against - fight them - i will cast terror - weak hearted - suffer pain

interesting choice of words for an all loving creator. but i mean really, do you want me to link another 100 quotes and you can tell me how they are all out of context too?

to be honest it's pretty poorly written, i think i could have done the whole 'loving creator' thing a bit more consistently and left less loop holes.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I like sweeping generalisations. Let's try a new one: Because Islam was born through warfare and violent conquest it is inherently violent in nature and little can change this, whereas Christianity, which was at first a sect and then an oppressed cult, is not as intrinsically violent. Most of the violent precepts for Christianity come from the use of the Jewish Tanakh, which, like Islam could also be considered to have arisen through warfare, but unlike Islam, never achieved dominance and security and thus had to refashion itself to come to terms with it's status as a non-dominant, second-class culture. Meanwhile Hinduism evolved slowly and sporadically, and due to it's polytheistic nature is fundamentally anarchic and chaotic, making centralised violence all but impossible, whilst Buddhism emerged more as a latent philosophy (similar to Confucianism) and thus had little ideological cause for violence.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Oh I dont deny the fact that Allah can be violent, I just don't think this means that the Qur'an endorses Muslims to be violent in matters that are not self defence.

It is not up to Muslims to judge people and to attack them for their beliefs, this is the role of Allah

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Now compare these articles to the ones published by yahoo7 and ninemsn

banco55

HSC
Now compare these articles to the ones published by yahoo7 and ninemsn
Even if the protest was 100% peaceful they would still be a bunch of morons. What are they protesting? A 14 minute poorly made video that was made by a bunch of idiots.

Magical Kebab

HSC
I was talking about muslims in general supporting violence.
You have a hatred towards Islam, and that's ur own opinion and belief.

All Muslims here are disgusted by this and I don't know anyone who isn't either than those idiots who are endorsing it.

Garygaz

HSC
all muslims here are disgusted by this
(from earlier in the thread)
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Opinion-Polls.htm
- 36% of Arabs polled said the 9/11 attacks were morally justified
- 43% of Nigerian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
- 38% of Lebanese Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
- 51% of Pakistanis grieve Osama bin Laden (only 11% happy over death)
- 59% of Indonesians support Osama bin Laden in 2003
- 83% of Pakistanis support stoning adulterers
- 76% of Pakistanis want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
- 49% (plurality) of Indonesians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
- 76% of Moroccans want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

i'm so glad you speak for the islamic community at large, you should consider becoming the self-appointed spokesperson for muslims around the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)