Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
but the problem is religion unlike science isnt free to adapt as they're all supposedly have come from god himself and hence any change to the original religion would be changing gods will
But my entire point is you don't need to adapt the religion. You need to adapt people's attitudes. Not every Muslim goes around doing stupid shit like this, so clearly there is a problem with the portion that do, and this problem is more attributable to the way these people think rather than the religion

Garygaz

HSC
But my entire point is you don't need to adapt the religion. You need to adapt people's attitudes. Not every Muslim goes around doing stupid shit like this, so clearly there is a problem with the portion that do, and this problem is more attributable to the way these people think rather than the religion
nah mate the problem is that the texts explicitly call for muslims to kill people for a multitude of reasons

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
nah mate the problem is that the texts explicitly call for muslims to kill people for a multitude of reasons
Of all the quotes in the Qu'ran that explicitly mention killing I think they all refer to killing when attacked first (self-defence) or in a war situation. I don't think it says that a Muslim should arbitrarily kill someone simply for disbelieving

i could be wrong because obviously i don't remember the whole Qu'ran but I can't seem to recall any quotes of that nature tbh

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Australian politicians talking some sense for once.

THE Prime Minister and NSW Premier have condemned yesterday's violent Islamic protest that has horrified the nation, saying it represented 'the unacceptable face of multiculturalism' and was not 'the Australian way'.

Julia Gillard singled out the chilling image of a young child photographed by a woman as he held aloft a poster preaching death.

"I absolutely condemn the violence that we saw yesterday on the streets of Sydney," Ms Gillard said. "There is never any excuse for violent behaviour.

"I do not want to see in the hands of anyone, particularly children, offensive signs that call for the killing of others . This is not the Australian way."

Meanwhile Barry O'Farrell told Sky News: "What we saw yesterday was the unacceptable face of multiculturalism,"

"I'm just horrified by what I saw."

Federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott said yesterday's ugliness did not fairly reflect the Islamic people of Australia.

Mr Abbott said newcomers to Australia were not expected to surrender their heritage but were expected to surrender their hatreds.

"I think that's the message that has got to go from every Australian to those people on the streets of Sydney yesterday.

"I don't believe we saw an acceptable face of Islam yesterday."

But outspoken Nationals senator Barnaby Joyce said political leaders must speak out to protect Australia "from what we might become years down the track".

"It's not xenophobic to ask what is in your national interest and what values we support and what actions we will condone," Senator Joyce told the Nationals' federal conference in Canberra.

"The riot that has happened in Sydney was supported by a certain world view that is not in our national interest. A response is demanded by politicians."

The nation was horrified by shockingly violent scenes yesterday as police were forced to use capsicum spray during a running battle with angry rioters in the Sydney CBD as the anti-America rally erupted into a series of violent clashes.

The Sydney riot follows a deadly wave of Islamic protests around the world which have left at least six people dead - including the horrific killings of US ambassador Chris Stevens and three US nationals in Libya on Tuesday.

The Sydney riot caused traffic chaos, forcing diversions as the placard-waving protesters - many of them women and children - gathered at Sydney's Town Hall around noon before moving to the US consulate in Martin Place.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...the-us-consulate/story-e6freuy9-1226474744811

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Not all Muslims are like that. I know of so many normal Muslims who are absolutely ashamed, embarrassed and disgusted by what has happened yesterday. Unfortunately, the minority make the majority look terrible. I can understand why they are angry, but there was no need to take their 'protest' to these extremes. We live in AUSTRALIA, not the Middle East and this behaviour should not be tolerated.
That is a clear example of Islamic extremism, but now we all look like savages because of them.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Besides, the video has nothing to do with Australia, so the protest shouldn't have been held in the first place.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
it's particularly retarded because all they've achieved is fucking over communities that had nothing to do with it, murdering people who had nothing to do with it, destroying businesses and schools that had nothing to do with it whilst giving the man who made the obscure video all the attention he wants

gg

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Of all the quotes in the Qu'ran that explicitly mention killing I think they all refer to killing when attacked first (self-defence) or in a war situation. I don't think it says that a Muslim should arbitrarily kill someone simply for disbelieving

i could be wrong because obviously i don't remember the whole Qu'ran but I can't seem to recall any quotes of that nature tbh
The texts of Islam sanction killing in self-defence and in retaliation. That's kind of one of the biggest differences between Islam and Christianity; the New Testament makes no command for killing and violence in retaliation; the verses that do are to be found in the Old Testament. You know, all that shit that Jesus went on about: you live by the sword, you die by the sword; judge not lest ye be judged; turn the other cheek; don't cast stones. Islam, however, gives its followers an imperative to struggle/resist (jihad). For most Muslims, this isn't a problem; either they do not follow jihad, or they do so in a non-violent manner. But then you get Islamic scholars like Sayyid Qutb - the grandfather of modern, violent Islamist extremism - who exploit the fact that the texts justify extreme violence in certain circumstances. Qutb's philosophy is certain consistent with Islamic tradition (though not necessarily practice and contemporary Islamic scholarship) and demonstrates the fact that any religious text that sanctions violence WILL be used to commit violence. A direct line can therefore be drawn between Islam condoning violence, and Islamists committing violence. Their perspective is in its entirety as arbitrary as any other, and just so happens to be less benign.

Last edited:

Debauchee

HSC
it's particularly retarded because all they've achieved is fucking over communities that had nothing to do with it, murdering people who had nothing to do with it, destroying businesses and schools that had nothing to do with it
why would it matter if they DID have something to do with it? Would their deaths be justified?

No? Then it's fucking irrelevant whether they were involved or not.

whilst giving the man who made the obscure video all the attention he wants
Yes I'm sure ending up in protective custody is precisely what he was hoping for.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
why would it matter if they DID have something to do with it? Would their deaths be justified?

No? Then it's fucking irrelevant whether they were involved or not.

Yes I'm sure ending up in protective custody is precisely what he was hoping for.
I'm not saying that killing them even if they were involved is justified im just saying it is even worse that they were not involved.

Im pretty sure he made that video deliberately to provoke a retaliatory response. Im not saying that said response was appropriate, im just saying that he would have seen it coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)