VIDEOs & EXT 2 (1 Viewer)

hscsubjectstodo

HSC
i heard videos either go really really good or really really bad??

anyone know how many videos get a 45+??

ha, and is anyone doing a video for 2010? how are you guys going??

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. I haven't heard much about Video, but I've heard that it is extremely difficult in that it must be very good and you have to edit it profusely to get the amount of meaning you should have in the time allotted.

2. I don't know.

3. I'm not doing a video - nor know anyone who is doing it.

zebzie

HSC
A girl at my school who did ex2 did a film, it was really mediocre and very cliche in concept, and it got 45...

video/film is tricky, because you gotta get a concept that isnt too complex as the medium doesnt allow for the exploration of something really, really open, broad etc.

as for how many films get 45+, i would guess that not that many get it...youtube some ext2 films, good short films and look around

and also, i'm doing film

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
A girl in my class is doing animation. So far she's just been toying with Powerpoint and has managed to get objects to move around, inflate, deflate, disappear. It's been amusing but pretty childish, we're still not sure how she'll be able to get it to a HSC-worthy standard. Everyone I've heard from says doing a video (animation/film/whatever) is extremely difficult =/

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
A girl in my class is doing animation. So far she's just been toying with Powerpoint and has managed to get objects to move around, inflate, deflate, disappear. It's been amusing but pretty childish, we're still not sure how she'll be able to get it to a HSC-worthy standard. Everyone I've heard from says doing a video (animation/film/whatever) is extremely difficult =/
Animating on powerpoint? EPIC LULZ

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
One of my friends is doing Video. So far the proposal and basic plan seems fine, as does the future editing (our school provides industry standard Final Cut). Not sure as to how it'll end up translating, though - I hope it turns out well!

However, I've seen a few of the films on youtube and few that did very well I'm not impressed with at all, and vice versa. The time limit is a major factor; it's hard to get as much character and plot development as you would in a written work. Though I have seen a few 44/45s that managed this excellently. (They were from an external viewing so I don't have links, sorry - search around.)

Marking for EX2 is already quite subjective. Unless you absolutely love it/can't write for shit so Video's your best best, why risk it?

Though, if you do, avoid coming across as an amateur in your final work:
- Make sure you hire appropriate equipment, e.g. boom mikes, cameras.
- Get a good editing program. Final Cut is one I'm familiar with, but there are many others available.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
I did an animation last year :/

If you're already adept or knowledgeable in the concepts (or some of them) needed then it will probably be just your regular challenge. I just used Windows Movie Maker (to compile the frames together + add music) and Photoshop (used to draw each frame, I did a really sketchy traditional animation) because I was lazy D:

I bludged the whole year and did everything last minute - changing my concepts up till the last two-three months and completing most of the work (at most) a month before it was due.

And my HSC mark was 41/50 :/

I can't say I'm that disappointed, especially since it was my fault for putting so little effort in it.

So overall, I don't think it its that hard to get marks (for video, the markers also supposedly love postmodern crap too) as long as its decent, not sure about the statistics for those that get over 45 though.

Though if one does do animation or video, I recommend them to start early and only do video IF you have the resources, time, motivation and skill to.

mudgeemudgee

HSC
I'm doing film this year and though i had an awesome concept... having a crap camera and a certain lack of experience...its turning out to be a pretty hard path....

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i heard videos either go really really good or really really bad??

anyone know how many videos get a 45+??

ha, and is anyone doing a video for 2010? how are you guys going??
some guy from our school a couple of years back got a 50/50 with a film. No joke. So yeah, it is possible if it's good enough. For the record though, the guy had links in the film industry and got some like real, albeit B-grade, actors in his film.

Last edited:

brendroid

HSC
I heard it can be hard because some people have links to the film industry (as mirakon said) and get outside help. And it's a bit harder to see what is yours if it's film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)