Video-ians (1 Viewer)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Ok so my film is very odd with the time jumps and it works on paper (as in my screenplay and storyboard) and everything but I am having trouble with the editing for transitions between the past and present scenes anybody have any suggestions?

demonomaniac

HSC
editing software?

hi guys, i was just wondering....... is anyone is using powerdirector?.. or pinnacle studio 9 ,to edit their video????
i was gonna use imovie of final cut pro at school but then i woudlnt be able to edit at home...yeah im waay behind on my video :s i hope i finish it in time..how long does it take to edit anyway?? coz a frend said it takes like a month and i was like :O..waaaah grrrr i wish i chose performance now..mine duznt even make sense..well it duz but i use lots of fast flashes of things and events to tell the story so its not like telling a shot by shot story...anyway plz reply anyone who is using powerdirector!...coz i'm just curious..

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
it takes a fair while to edit. i remember watching a directors interview on some dvd and they said it can take up to 5-6 hours just to edit between 30-60 seconds of footage.

demonomaniac

HSC
o0oO0

i woz just wondering if there woz any1 else out there that woz using it apart from me coz i didnt see any mention of it on here..i went to harvey norman and and he recommended pinnacle studio for me.thx for your replies :) :) and good luck with your videos!!

demonomaniac

HSC
pinnacle

my cousin already had it so i used his..but i think it cost about $100 or sumthing..not sure,but i'ts really easy to use-its similar to imovie..but better lol

publiccrazy

HSC
i'm using pinnacle 8 because i managed to score a free copy and it's the program i'm used to, i used it last year at school, but in order to get enough time to edit i'm doing it at home, and starting to regret that because i'm FINALLY picking up my computer tomorrow. i'm soooooo behind. but with an editing system at home and plenty of solid work you could do your editing in two weeks.

does anyone else here think they'd like a career in film? that's the way i'm leaning at the moment. i'm insane. but i'll probably do a production course next year.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
i'm using adobe premier it seems ok ... But is way confusing at times.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
publiccrazy said:
i'm using pinnacle 8 because i managed to score a free copy and it's the program i'm used to, i used it last year at school, but in order to get enough time to edit i'm doing it at home, and starting to regret that because i'm FINALLY picking up my computer tomorrow. i'm soooooo behind. but with an editing system at home and plenty of solid work you could do your editing in two weeks.

does anyone else here think they'd like a career in film? that's the way i'm leaning at the moment. i'm insane. but i'll probably do a production course next year.
I used to want to have a career in film but now ive changed my mind. I really wanted to be a producer and although part of me still wants to be one i just dont think im cut out for the film industry :)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
_Muse_ said:
i know someone is gonna have something to say about this but i dont care, i need to get it out

I can't do this. i dont even know why i chose to do a god damn film. I hate my idea, i was going to change it but i have little to no motivation what-so-ever. The last time i had motivation was when i drove out to where i was going to film, that was 2 months ago... maybe i should go back out there? its just so far away lol.

I'm gonna go back into drama after doing my half yearlies and my teacher is going to ask me what ive done, and im going to say nothing. Ive tried everything. Ive taken the camera out and had a play around with it, got some shots and everything. Im just lacking the confidence in my ability to do this.

i know i know im a stupid little teenage girl looking for attention right? im sorry, i just had to get it out and see if there is anyone feeling like me right about now
Remember posting this _Muse_ ? How are you feeling now?

publiccrazy

HSC
adobe premier is supposed to be really good, it's what i was recommended by my computer guy.

in the last three days i've actually knocked up a first run slightly dodgy version of my film, i'm surprised it's coming together as quickly as it is.

muse, what makes you say you're not cut out for the film industry? i'm planning to do a production course next year at the australian film television and radio school.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
where is the australian film, television and radio school situated? Is it near Epping road by any chance?

Kute_Princess

HSC
hey guys...im doin vid too...wish i wasnt tho! haha its so hard. i finished my filming yesterday (err yer a TAD behind) lol looks like crap! had actors who cant act. Im using adobe to edit mine sept i have like NO idea how to use it.. ive been playing around with it for weeks and i cant even figure out how 2 cut it...its scaring me! Im doin horror for mine! sept its more like...funny..unfortunatly ..it really sucks lol. hows everyone going now? Hows the log books? I am happy to say mines actually comming along better than the film itself lol.
NEVER EVER doin nethn to do wit film agen !!!! tooo stressfulll

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Kute_Princess said:
hey guys...im doin vid too...wish i wasnt tho! haha its so hard. i finished my filming yesterday (err yer a TAD behind) lol looks like crap! had actors who cant act. Im using adobe to edit mine sept i have like NO idea how to use it.. ive been playing around with it for weeks and i cant even figure out how 2 cut it...its scaring me! Im doin horror for mine! sept its more like...funny..unfortunatly ..it really sucks lol. hows everyone going now? Hows the log books? I am happy to say mines actually comming along better than the film itself lol.
NEVER EVER doin nethn to do wit film agen !!!! tooo stressfulll
whats your genre?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
well good luck and i'm sure that you will be able create suspense and horror with your camera angles and music ....

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
Remember posting this _Muse_ ? How are you feeling now?
AHAHAHAHA oh go me
yeah im feeling a little better now, had a lot of trouble with my main actor finding times and stuff though but thats all sorted out now ihope. Ive started editing but i think im gonna need a few more scenes which should be easy enough. Still dont believe my teacher has any faith in me whatsoever but im hoping to prove her wrong :)
how is everyone else feeling?

Last edited:

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
i'm worried about my story working on screen and also about editting because I am so lost and do not really know how to use the thing

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im worried cause i started editing for real today and it looks like i really need some more footage but i dont know what else to film. Ive done the first 30 seconds of my film on the editing program.. it was so much fun once i worked out how to do everything with the music and stuff.. i think i watched just that 30 seconds about 25 times haha... Theres not long to go now. about 3-4 weeks isnt it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)