Video-ians (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I'll be the first to post in here :)
all those doing video for ip say I...........how are you all progressing? I still havent started filming, have only just found my locations and actors. Hopefully these upcoming holidays will help :)

publiccrazy

HSC
you're not alone there, holidays starting in one week, end of the second term of yr twelve, and just yesterday i finalised my story. i still think i might change it. my brother is basically my only major character, so he's helping me write it, and i'm going to film the whole thing during the holidays, by which time my parents are going to have bought me a computer for editing. last time i made a movie i edited at school, but they have the worst programs ever, it moved all my cuts and the sound was five seconds out of sync. grrr.

but yeah, i've barely started my movie.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
what program do you think you'll be using? my boyfriend is helping me with mine.. i only have 1 major character in mine.. there are about 3 other people i need to do minor roles and thats it :)

yeah im worried about the holidays because my exams are the 2 weeks directly after so im not sure whether much filming will be happening :(

sarahlouiseir

HSC
hey isnt it grand

So other silly people deciding to bite off more than they can chew!!!!
GO THE DRAMA VIDEO MAKERS!!!
i'm using imovie is the best isnt it?
easy to use and i have a ibook so i dont have to use those shitty school computers, geeze u guys are lucky, 2-3 actors, i'll need overral at LEASt 40! hey lets keep this post alive eh?
tell us guys how many people do u think do the vid for their ip???

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
Man I wish I could have done video, only because it looks like heaps of fun. Due to the fact that I didn't have a camera, had never made a movie before and had no idea about editing, I thought...no don't think so.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Your not alone about filming yet I Have just finished my screenplay and storyboard and now I have just got to find places for filming and a young kiddy to act for me. speaking of which do any of you have a younger brother about 9-12 years old? what Genre are you all looking at? Human interest, comedy, thriller, love, ....ect?

publiccrazy

HSC
sarah you fool! what are you thinking using so many people?!?!?! that's just going to cause organisational chaos! i think you're insane. i've got one main character, and two others who are only in one or two scenes.

i don't know what program i'm using yet, we just know a guy who's putting together a computer/software package for me, but last year when i made a movie for drama i used my school computers. NEVER use Pinnacle Studios. it's easy to use, but only because you can't do much, plus i lost my entire movie twice, then when i burned it to cd it changed all my editing and muted the original sound in the buferring process.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im using adobe premiere.. the latest one thats come out.. i cant remember what its called.
to chingly choo: i have NEVER made a video before, i dont own a camera and i only have a small idea about editing and im still making a video :)
anyway, ive just been away on drama camp and im all motivated now to begin filming and everything, im just waiting on me to write the script and for my actors to be available..
argh im scared.

publiccrazy

HSC
i'm using an ancient hi8 (analogue) camera which i practically don't know how to use, and my tripod has recently broken, meaning that all the shots are shaky as hell till i can get a new one. and i'm going to have to learn a brand new editing program. movies are not an easy IP.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yeah it is difficult but the feeling at the end is going to be very rewarding. What drags my motivation down is hearing other peoples stories and then comparing them to mine... that makes me think that maybe my idea is not as good as it should be

publiccrazy

HSC
what is your story? mine's a kind of spy movie with a some slight comedy.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
its a secret :p

nah its about a guy who turns to photography to find beauty and peace for himself...... yes. i sound like a hippy.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im thinking of coming up with a new idea for mine........i dunno.. do you think its wise? im really over the idea i had

publiccrazy

HSC
i don't think there's anything wrong with changing your idea now, just come up with a new one quickly and start working on it. pick a genre, then pick a main character. draw them out of a hat if you have to, get help writing the story, then seriously start working on it. filming and all that. as long as you're quick you'll be fine.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i guess so.. i mean this might not be the same with everyone else but once i change ideas about something i usually get into it pretty fast, get the majority of it done and then yeah... i think im rambling and not making much sense :)

publiccrazy

HSC
i still consider it a logistical nightmare. two characters are enough for me. i seriously need to figure out what program i need. i've started filming!!!! i bought a tripod ($150) on monday and have started filming. is good. does anyone know if, when submitting as a dvd, it has to be actualy DVD format, or can it be VCD or SVCD?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
correct me if im COMPLETELY wrong about this.. but i coulda sworn it needed to be a VHS that you handed in.. but i could just have no knowledge on this whatsoever...

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Check the syllabus ....

Individual Project: Video Drama
This project will involve the preparation of a short but complete Video Drama which will be a narrative developed by the student. Students should work within the parameters of this project. Video Dramas significantly under time will be penalised and material that exceeds the stipulated time limit will be disregarded.
The project will include:
• a 300-word rationale in the form of a director’s concept/vision for the Video Drama (see page 34)
• a Video Drama which must be 5–7 minutes in length and submitted in one of the following formats:
– DVD-R (not DVD-RW) 4.7 GB capacity disc
– DVD
– Standard VHS videotape
– Super VHS videotape

The project will require the student to undertake the roles of writer, director, camera operator and editor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)