Video Games: Do you have time anymore? (1 Viewer)

Do you have time for games?

• No, HSC is taking over my life.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Yes, I'm a fool.

Votes: 30 62.5%

• Total voters

a.Limjoco

HSC
How's 2008 HSC students going. I feel its an easy enough question. I know i use to be a game buff, net, console, the works.. but I literally can't play anymore, always feeling like I waste time, which is true. But how about everyone else?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
im a real poker freak.
i still play a tournement or 2 a day, but this is counted as my down time HA.
ill probably stop in time for the HSC.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
I think playing a game or two once in a while is okay, just to get your mind off the work. But you have to be able to control yourself, because sometimes you could get addicted :p

a.Limjoco

HSC
Shadose said:
I think playing a game or two once in a while is okay, just to get your mind off the work. But you have to be able to control yourself, because sometimes you could get addicted :p
thats half true... but you can more productive things imo.. read a book, exercise, sport. but thats just me. i absolutely agree with the addiction.. im glad i threw away all my games :p (not rlly) haha

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
DotA games once a while, probably one every 4-5 days.

cs01001

HSC
Not really, virtually quite gaming. Oh, maybe some occasional (can't spell) rampaging in GTA :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
HSC although important shouldn't rule your life. It's all about a balance and if games is something you enjoy, make time for it. :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Where's the "never played games in the first place" option?

Jachie

HSC
risole91 said:
never, as in never ever?
Unless some sweet Crash Bandicoot on the PlayStation I haven't touched in two years counts? :eek::eek:

Actually I half-assedly played poker online for like two weeks in the last school holidays, there were too many idiots though so I gave up.

EDIT: OMG I lie, I totally still whip out the old Pokemon Gameboy whenever I'm bored as fuck.

Black Hawker

HSC
Jachie said:
Unless some sweet Crash Bandicoot on the PlayStation I haven't touched in two years counts? :eek::eek:

Actually I half-assedly played poker online for like two weeks in the last school holidays, there were too many idiots though so I gave up.

EDIT: OMG I lie, I totally still whip out the old Pokemon Gameboy whenever I'm bored as fuck.
Ah the Pokemon gameboy, I can't find it.

In maths, a few of my friends just play with it for the whole period...lol

benji6667

HSC
i fought off my warcrack addiction before yr11 with the less addictive DoTA, then quit bout halfway through the year

i found after exams i hit the games like never before.. wow!

Jachie

HSC
Black Hawker said:
Ah the Pokemon gameboy, I can't find it.

In maths, a few of my friends just play with it for the whole period...lol
I was really depressed because after we moved I couldn't find it, I was really cut, it took me like eight months until I found it... but yeah now it just stays on my desk, perfect way to distract myself from shit boring homework and shit boring phone calls :shy:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Jachie said:

yeah i love the original pokemon blue.
yeah i play 10 people poker tournements, where people talk dirty on the chat.
and go all in first hand, so its like 3 people, one with a deep stack.
pointless, unless im playing for like hundreds of dollars.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Civ3, The bane of the HSC. I swear that game can take literally hours of my time and i still feel as if i've accomplished nothing game-wise.

Jachie

HSC
risole91 said:
yeah i love the original pokemon blue.
yeah i play 10 people poker tournements, where people talk dirty on the chat.
and go all in first hand, so its like 3 people, one with a deep stack.
pointless, unless im playing for like hundreds of dollars.
pokemon blue ftw! though I always pick charmander.

what sites do you use? My dad's a poker fanatic and was like "use this one! and this one! and I'll transfer money to you!" but yeah, every game I've been in the people are total tards who don't know what "check" means. it's just infuriating and lame so I stopped playing fairly quickly. :eek:

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
i play when I want. I.e if I'm not dojng anthing I might play PS2 (I'm not bothering upgrading yet) for an hour or so Friday night, or when I just feel lazy. Haven't played it in several weeks and played it for a bit tonight as i just didn't feel liek studying. Also play a 15 miunte webgame usually when I get home from school to relax.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Jachie said:

what sites do you use? My dad's a poker fanatic and was like "use this one! and this one! and I'll transfer money to you!" but yeah, every game I've been in the people are total tards who don't know what "check" means. it's just infuriating and lame so I stopped playing fairly quickly. :eek:
If they are 'tards' and don't know what 'check' means then would you not win and take all their money and be laughing all the way to the bank?

Jachie

HSC
um, no. It means they raise everytime it's their turn to act, and since I can actually play I assess the odds and presume they actually have a hand. Nine times out of ten, they don't.

seriously, poker is a game that you can only properly play when everyone knows what they're doing. It doesn't pay off to play with idiots, it costs you.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Jachie said:

i use pokerstars atm.
im gonna start up a fulltilt account soon with christmas money.
yeah i play in low buy in tournements, where people state there going all in first hand blind.
so 5 / 10 people leave first hand.
i won a tournement with 12 000 entrants :)
what site do you use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)