Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship / ASPIRE (1 Viewer)

HaplessPossum

HSC
I'm going to be doing a Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership)/ Laws at Parramatta (an absolute mouthful I know).

I think it was the interview that helped me get the scholarship because my ATAR wasn't anything special.

I got the call from the UWS scholarship person (Katherine) at 10.30 this morning. I'm guessing they'll be ringing people over the next couple of days.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Aspire Retreat (think it's a bush camp so should be exciting).

Good luck to everyone else with the scholarships!

horsefreak

HSC
I'd
I'm going to be doing a Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership)/ Laws at Parramatta (an absolute mouthful I know).

I think it was the interview that helped me get the scholarship because my ATAR wasn't anything special.

I got the call from the UWS scholarship person (Katherine) at 10.30 this morning. I'm guessing they'll be ringing people over the next couple of days.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Aspire Retreat (think it's a bush camp so should be exciting).

did you get the 10K scholarship ? Like are you one of the five ?

HaplessPossum

HSC
nawww thats okay :) 5k is awesome !
i still havent got anything yet
Thanks! Don't worry too much about not receiving a call yet. If there are about 130 candidates, it'll take them ages to ring everyone up.

Hope you get into Aspire and the scholarship!

Dylanamali

HSC
just received an email of formal notification inviting me to the Aspire Future Leaders Program from the coordinator Catherine Gasparini.

Dylanamali

HSC

Just asked Catherine about the scholarship, and she said that ALL aspire scholars receive the Academic Excellence Scholarship - so that's why you got one. Congrats! =)

HaplessPossum

HSC
Just asked Catherine about the scholarship, and she said that ALL aspire scholars receive the Academic Excellence Scholarship - so that's why you got one. Congrats! =)
Thanks! So that's how I got the scholarship with my not so strong ATAR. I'll see you at the Aspire Camp then! Looking forward to meeting you.

horsefreak

HSC
i got the email :)
just still dont know the outcome of my vcls !

i cant wait for the aspire camp :)XD

Dylanamali

HSC
i got the email :)
just still dont know the outcome of my vcls !

i cant wait for the aspire camp :)XD
nice! good work.
Umm, in terms of vcls I don't think you got it.. I'm quite sure you would have notified already:

Dear Dylan,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In regards to the scholarship offer, yes this refers to the UWS Academic Excellence scholarship offer.
Each year, five Aspire students receive the Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship (recipients have already been notified), while all other Aspire students receive an Academic Excellence scholarship offer.

Kind regards,
Catherine

Dylanamali

HSC
but yeah, looks like i'll be seeing you on the camp :)

did you just receive the email? you didn't end up getting a phone call before hand?

Dylanamali

HSC
nope lol ill call her ?
lol i dunno.. that is a bit strange.
But yeah I'd assume that if you were actually one of the 5 that you be the first to be notified

but at least you got the Aspire place.. just not sure why they didn't inform you first via phone and they did for me and Possum.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn, wish I seen this thread earlier so I could have applied >.< Anyway congrats to those who got in..

horsefreak

HSC
ah so they did call you haha.
ohh unlucky - but as you can see it really was competitive 5/130+ =/..

but at least you got aspire :)

yeah hehe, im excited for camp. i looked at the place its amazing :)

although, im a bit nervous about going with ppl i dont know.

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
I've got mine on the 22nd of January. Have you received the email with all the details/parking permit yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)