Vet Science (2 Viewers)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
wow thats pretty good, only 14 weeks, i thought it'd be heaps more, for ag we had to do 18 weeks by third year and had to write up loads of different reports, like a first year report, a general report and then another big long report and they had to include all the farms financial details and stuff (as if the farmer would just willingly share all of that).
I wonder why they make us do 4 weeks of horses? that is odd. I might go through my aunt in melbourne to arrange it, i dont want to be stuck getting all the crappy 3rd and 4th year's's leftovers.

izi

HSC
probably coz horses are big, not a lot of people have had experience with them and they are treated individually so you need to learn how to read their body language. with other animals you dont to read anything coz you just treat them as a herd (disrespectful if you ask me)

izi

HSC
i went to uni yesterday to buy my unit of study handbooks and im getting really excited, cant wait to go back!!!
im really looking forward to animal digestion and nutrition!
im not looking forward to biometry, its supposed to be really boring and pointless...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yep, biometry sux big time, and lucky me i get to do it twice! (cant get credit transfer coz it has a different name and is "slightly different" in vet than Ag) stupid uni.
I'm actually kinda over it, i worked so hard to get in and now its kinda like "oh...uni..." And i'm pissed off coz my stupid timetable is fucked, what am i supposed to do? rock up on monday at nine and say hi? geez, is anyone elses fucked too? grrr, i dont want to rock up at nine and be told i dont have a class till 11.
Whats with the vet faculty and starting late? last year i started at 8am most days, this year i prob wont start till 10 most days. I actually prefer the 8am starts, you beat the public transport rush, and you finish earlier so you can do stuff in the arvo's. And you can always get a park at the train station.
Hmmm, i stink like poop, going to go shower....

izi

HSC
i prefer late starts coz im really not a morning person
the later the better:D
i start at 11 tomorrow, yay!

Neon-Frog

Im confused with my timetable. I got given a timetable at enrollment, but when i logged into my uni section and clicked "get my timetable" its like missing out heaps of my subjects. So what do i go by? Anyone know?

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Neon-Frog
Im confused with my timetable. I got given a timetable at enrollment, but when i logged into my uni section and clicked "get my timetable" its like missing out heaps of my subjects. So what do i go by? Anyone know?
go by the one thats filled in, there arent any gaps in vet science timetable other than lunch

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
so how did everyone find the first day? Yay! i got a chem exemption (big hug for adrian george, he's a champ!) so now i only have 20 hours a week, and 3 arvo's off, yipeee!!!
anyone else bored shitless by the 3 hours of bio? my bum was soooo numb! not the most comfy of lecture theatres.
So i hope you'se are all going to the keg on friday coz i'm hoping to make some friends there! In ag we had an excursion over easter and thats where everyone sort of formed their groups and made all their lasting friends, and since we dont have that in vet, i'm kinda worried!

If any one sees me, my name is megan and i will be dressed like a dag (coz i am one!) please be my friend! i said hi to a girl today and she kinda looked scared and hurried away "to go to the loo"
seriously, i am not a scary person!!!! Be my friend NOW!!!!! (just kidding)
yay! no more chem! and i got my first AVA journal today (which i barely understood a word of! hee hee) yay vet!

Neon-Frog

The bio lectures were alright, it was the chem ones that i was falling asleep in.

Bah my WebCT is stuffed. I could get into everything last night, now when i log in and click on any of the units of study i get this message "Access Denied
The instructor has denied your access to this course.
Please contact the instructor for further information. "

trinity

ditto the access denied thing.. and yeh chem was boring...
oh and i met a megan today- were u sitting up the back? i came late and there were no seats left!

izi

HSC
mt first day was great except that i got a flu, that sort of sucked
but i absolutely LOVE digestion
genetics and biometry i couldnt judge yet since we only had an introductory lesson
yeah, i nearly fell asleep in chem last year (luckily its only 1 semester)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
hahaha! that was me! r u sarah? not good with names, hope i got it right! i was late too, forgot about how bad the traffic is and so missed my train and then the next one was late. might get the bus tommorrow from central cos i was so hot and sweaty in that lecture.
I left chem after the first hour and went and got my exemption, there's no way i couldve done that again, ick!
hey, if u see me at uni, come and chat, i'll give u my last years prac manual, make it easier for you in pracs, coz they really suck!
I really am not a scary person!!!

Hey izi - does cell bio get any better? i hope anatomy and physiology is good, proff practice sounds like a bit of a bludge, whats it like? i'm so impatient!

Ps - who's going to the keg????

Neon-Frog

I didnt get the last part of that chem lecture with all that 2p orbitals and crap. Ah well

Yeah im going to the keg on friday, hopefully i can meet some people properly. I haven't really made any friends yet, theres one girl i talk to a bit but mostly i got noone to hang out with :p coz i dont know a sole, and on a side note my stupid travelling from wollongong everyday is really gonna annoy me.

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
Hey izi - does cell bio get any better? i hope anatomy and physiology is good, proff practice sounds like a bit of a bludge, whats it like? i'm so impatient!

Ps - who's going to the keg????
yeah, cell bio does get better. i liked 2nd semester better.
anatomy and physiology are my fave subjects. again 2nd semester is better.
professional practice is a bludge. you have guest speakers, talk about how to be "professional", etc...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i cant believe that i have had nothing but 6 hours of lectures on the same topic. whose decicion was it to make the first week of vet science so unbelievably dull? by the third hour of that lecture today i was sooooo soooooo bored, and then ppl started asking questions!!! man. Heres a hint ppl - after 3 hours, no one cares, ask in private so we arent all stuck in there with you!!!!

trinity

lol! yeh cell bio and chem are so confusing! animal husbandry was good today, at least it's interesting! i was so excited when i found out we finish at 1 tomorrow (no chem pracs til- is it week 2 or 3?) so much better than 5...

izi

HSC
yeah, animal husbandry was good.
paul mcgreevy is a champ, such a funny guy. although he has admitted to being a tough marker and proven to be one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)