Veronica Mars (US Airings) (1 Viewer)

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
When she showed up at the door and he opened it it was a total WTF?! moment. I agree, it was totally unexpected, and yet it really did work.
And as dusgusting as it could possibly be, I can't hate Duncan because he was drugged too. And it was interesting that Duncan did know about the paternity question, and that's why he did break up with her.

The 'entertainment lawyer' part was great too - I sat there with my mouth open thinking "why is Keith doing this?! What's going on..." and the scene played out so fantastically.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
omg that was the best thing i've ever seen. did not for a moment ever suspect that it would be aaron. or that duncan and veronica weren't siblings. and i loved when they showed aaron committing the murder. it was so brutal. and the fucking ending...i wanna know who was at the door. must have been either duncan or logan, but maybe it was wallace. i dunno. anyway, perfect end to what has got to me one of my favourite tv series ever

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Best. Episode. Ever.
Best show ever. Best everything ever!

I never would have guessed Aaron.
Like all VM eps, there was just enough evidence for it to point to Logan, and then it didn't! Yay. [But I wouldn't have believed that Logan did it, nor did I ever think that Duncan did]

I did guess that Duncan and Veronica weren't related though. I knew Keith had to be her dad.

And I'm not sure who it was at the door. Duncan was my first thought [who knows what happened to Logan?], but Wallace would be a good guess.

And Lianne? Bitch of the century. I am glad that they didn't try to make us feel too sorry for her, because? HATE. The scenes at the start were so weird, I was waiting for it all to have been a dream - I'm glad that Lianne is gone and Alicia is back and Keith is okay. [But did she have to steal the reward money? Oh, wait, yes, because she's eeevil!] I actually like that it's 'deadbeat mum' and not 'deadbeat dad'.

The last scene with Veronica and Lilly was really sad. I just hope that next season's mystery is just as good.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
how bloody good was it when they were watching the video and you see aaron? it was just so damn creepy and fantastic :)

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Creepy and a half!
It made me want to scream every time the camera focused on it. Which was a lot.

Poor Duncan and Veronica for having to watch it. And poor Logan for when he finds out. Gross!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
well i originally did it because i didn't want anyone to accidently read my post before they had seen the episode. but i think most people who were going to see have probably seen it by now

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
It's a spoiler tag party!
Yeah, I just follow. But really, if anyone were to accidentally click on the last page and it wasn't in spoiler tags it would ruin a big part of the season.

I just can't stop thinking about how great the episode was. Everyone is seriously missing out!

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
As far as VM in Australia is concerned: Channel 9 don't have plans to show it any time soon, but they say they will in the future. It's looking at a 10:30pm weeknight timeslot. Certain death?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
oh its such a good show it doesnt deserve channel 9 or that time
i was greatful of the spoilers coz i hadn't seen it
but it was an awsome episode.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I know and agree.

Also, they're releasing DVDs in the US in September but they can't put any extras on. Here's hoping for a super edition someday! [I want commentaries and deleted scenes and the alternate version of the pilot, and auditions (Duncan as Logan! Logan as Duncan! Dick as Duncan? Amanda as Veronica! ...), and whatever else they can think of. So much love for this show!]

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i'm not sure whether i should buy the first edition of the dvds or wait out til a better edition is release...

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
At the moment I think I'll be waiting.
I have all the eps on my computer, so really I'd just be paying for them to be better quality and on DVD. Although I would really like that, I don't know whether the price will be justified. I'm not sure how much it costs to get DVDs from Amazon or wherever shipped here, but it would have to be a bit.

But I might change my mind...if I suddenly come across more money right before they're released perhaps?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
but what if they never release another edition? and buying dvds from amazon is usually pretty cheap actually. often times buying dvds in stores here is more expensive

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
It's a pretty big 'what if' in my opinion.

It depends whether VM is on here and popular here and I want to watch it on DVD. To be honest, I rarely (if ever) watch any of the DVDs I own. And so when something doesn't have many extras then it goes to the bottom of the pile, so to speak, in most cases.

But, you know, if I had the money lying around and there was nothing I desperately needed then I would probably by the other edition.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i'm the complete opposite. i watch 99% of the dvds i own. including the tv series i've already seen. it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Lately I haven't even been rewatching episodes. [But then my computer isn't letting me]
I just have a really short attention span and it makes it hard to decide what to do. The effort of choosing which episode to watch puts me off a bit too. :p

I probably would watch them if I was bored during the holidays though. So I might get the VM set in time for Christmas.
I suppose it is one of the types of shows that you can watch more than once and still get things out of it, but then you don't have to think about it too much either.

See, I'm talking myself into it. ;)
Maybe if the first season sells well they'll do a special version and then release season 2 as well. So I'll support the show! But it is the type of show that is likely to do better on DVD than it did on television because of its awkward timeslot.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Ive just started downloading the episodes and man have i been missing out! A great show with smart writing, characters that you love and hate and an underlying mystery with more twists and turns that it makes mary alices suicide look pale by comparison.

Nine will never treat this show right as it doesnt suit their demographic. Ten should be banging on nines door and offer to pay some big $$$ as it will rate through the roof if promoted well.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
It's totally brilliant. I don't think I've ever read anything that says it's a bad show. :)

It would rate better on Ten than on Nine, but, I don't know, I think it's a bit too 'intellectual' for Ten. And I'm biased. :p
The main problem with it being on Nine is that it doesn't fit well in their schedule. It'd probably be rated M, so they couldn't put it at 7:30; their 8:30 is too busy and 9:30 onwards is starting to lose the younger viewers, and is putting the adults off because ostensibly it's a high school show. Although it could stand to do well if it had a super-high-rating lead in like CSI etc.
You have to hand it to Rob Thomas, he's created the most fantastic show that is really difficult to promote.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I've been following this since the start, just saw this post.
S1 was awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)