UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Out Now!) (1 Viewer)

red_stop

HSC
Re: UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Results out on Hotli

Unfortunately there is no supplementary exam for this subject but thanks anyways. The coordinator sent me an email asking if I wanted to review my final exam and assessment. I'm assuming I should make an appointment. Far outt.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Re: UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Results out on Hotli

red_stop said:
I'm confused with what documents you receive once you graduate. Is it true that you receive a transcript containing all of the subjects that you've done during your course and the mark that you've gotten next to it? How does this work in terms of a combined degree? Would you get 2 different transcripts?

Just a quick side note. Does anyone know what you should do if you've failed a subject. I failed one of my subjects (got 47), spent the last 3 days sulking and now I want to do something about it. Any way I could possibly bump it up to 50? Fat chance, huh?
I've requested my transcript before and it doesn't matter whether your course is a combined degree or not; all your marks appear on that one transcript. So basically yeah, it'll pretty much detail the subject code, subject name, when you took it and grade (P, C, D, HD etc.) and the mark.

As for failure, you could either a) try ringing up the lecturer/subject coordinator and plead your case as to why you think you should pass :p Try saying things like you did thi amount of work and you tried this effort and you attend all lectures/tutes etc. They MAY just be kind enough to bump you up. Or as above poster suggested, you can see if they offer supplementary exams. In that case, I think you still have to outline why you should be eligible to sit one. It is then up to their discretion of whether they will allow one or not. Or so I hear.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Dingo2004 said:
and btw.. if EXEMPT does not count.. .does CREDITED count?
CREDITED is sort of like exempt, but it means you done the exact subject at uts.. but under a different course at uts..
Jasee answered the second part of your question Dingo already =]
jasee said:
If the subject was 'Credited' (ie. is the same subject in both courses), then these do count towards your average, and should have a mark recorded next to it under your new course as well.

jemsta said:
well if you got a 47, chances are you should have been offered a supplementary exam
Could*. The subject coordinators are not obliged to offer you a supplementary examination if your final mark is 45-49. It is under their discretion, as ragnarok said.

With this, conceded passes are no longer offered to anyone.

krayzie_

HSC

Out of curiosity what does conceded pass mean? How is it different from the supp exam.

raiders771

HSC
Managing People Organisations 66 C
Accounting for Business 68 C
Communication for IT Professio 73 C
Introduction Information Systs 74 C

Thought i was gonna fail Accounting and spewing for both IT subjects lol

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Out of curiosity what does conceded pass mean? How is it different from the supp exam.
conceeded pass is where you get a mark between 46-49
supplementary exam is just another exam that you have to sit where you have a chance to bump your mark up to 50.
In terms of GPA, conceeded passes are worth 3 while passes are worth 4

krayzie_

HSC

Oh i see but is it still a pass if you get the mark from 46 - 49?

EDIT: looks@conceded pass.. so it means the UNI just gave u a break and let u pass. haha

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Dingo2004 said:
hey jase .. for b.bus, if you failed 1 subject in your major.. and then u dropped that major..

would that 1 failed subject still be counted towards your wam/gpa ... ?
i hope not since its not longer part of your course.

and btw.. if EXEMPT does not count.. .does CREDITED count?
CREDITED is sort of like exempt, but it means you done the exact subject at uts.. but under a different course at uts..
Yes, credited subjects should show up on your transcript along with your marks and will count towards your average, provided they are part of your course. Again, same with the failed subject. If the subject still counts as part of your new major or any electives, then yes it will count toward your average. If not, then it won't count towards your average. The failed subject will still show up on your MyStudentAdmin transcript though as that shows all subjects for all courses you have done. As for getting an official transcript, by default, they give you a full interim transcript if you need it for jobs, etc which shows all of your subjects, even for your old course, but you can specify you just want the subjects for your current course only. For graduation, your transcript will only show subjects from the course you graduated from.

Anyways, if you did fail the subject, and it is no longer part of your major, then you can just do another subject as an elective and that subject won't count anymore. If you happen to take the same subject again and pass it, then it will show up obviously as having failed once and passed the 2nd time.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

red_stop said:
I'm confused with what documents you receive once you graduate. Is it true that you receive a transcript containing all of the subjects that you've done during your course and the mark that you've gotten next to it? How does this work in terms of a combined degree? Would you get 2 different transcripts?

Just a quick side note. Does anyone know what you should do if you've failed a subject. I failed one of my subjects (got 47), spent the last 3 days sulking and now I want to do something about it. Any way I could possibly bump it up to 50? Fat chance, huh?
The soft copy transcript you can get on MyStudentAdmin is basically what you get in an official copy. It's the same format, but on nicer paper. That should show all your subjects for your combined degree on the same transcript. It would also show any older courses if you have done any at UTS and transferred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)