UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Out Now!) (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Results out on Hotli

LostAuzzie said:
65101 Chemistry 1C 97 High Distinction
33190 Mathematical Modelling For Science 97 High Distinction
91701 Medical Science 1 92 High Distinction
High Distinction average. Excellent, LostAuzzie.

sweet-g said:
Is there any way you can appeal or etc?

Accounting for Business - 74 C
Economics for Business - 74 C
Marketing Foundations - 87 HD
MPO - 89 HD

Im really muffed about accounting and economics.. :(
You can appeal through the link Musk provided, but your mark could go down. People have tried and failed, so a word of warning for appealing.

Excellent results through sweet-g; especially for MF and MPO.

rormonor said:
Accounting for Business - 78 (D)
Managing People and organisations - 77 (D)
Communications for IT Professionals - 70 (C)
Introduction to Information Systems - 63 (P)

can't complain..although im a little disappointed with mpo.
MPO is a crappy subject lol. Good results rormonor =]

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Results out on Hotli

stears said:
is there anyway to see all the assesments marks?
Nope, they don't release them. But in saying that, contact your subject co-ordinator for that subject and see if they can go through your paper. Some will schedule a meeting with you =)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

$50 says that i wont keep my D average by the end of the year.
nice work fellow uts bosers...youre all pwning it

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

stears said:
is there anyway to see all the assesments marks?
It's up to the subject co-ordinator. Just ask them! For one semester I asked for my assessment marks coz according to my final mark it meant I had only just passed the exam. I asked her for my marks and she was happy to give it to me. Turns out they were correct...I must have done badly in that exam lol. Also turned out I actually got 1 mark lower and she actually bumped me up to the next grade, so yeh I was happy with that :p She said I was welcome to come review my exam paper, but I said it was OK.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Re: UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Results out on Hotline)

Wow, some of you have done extremely well. Congrats.

A little off-topic (okay, alot) but does anyone know whether or not you get two separate marks when you graduate with a double degree? e.g. will I get say a credit for the IT side of things and a distinction for the business? Or will they be averaged into a single degree mark? e.g. blah blah has achieved a distnction in the course blah blah or whatever.

Just curious given only 3 semesters remain of my course :( Time flies (when you're having fun! :burn:)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: UTS - Semester 1 2007 Guestimates + Official Results thread (Results out on Hotline)

Ooh do they put an average on your academic transcript =o

Jasee should be able to answer your question ragnarok =]

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Huratio said:
Ooh do they put an average on your academic transcript =o

Jasee should be able to answer your question ragnarok =]
I don't think they put your average on your transcript. The award level or whatever appears on your testamur?

Yeah, that's why I was asking :p jasee is all-empowering and all-knowledgeable.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

ragnarok said:
I don't think they put your average on your transcript. The award level or whatever appears on your testamur?

Yeah, that's why I was asking :p jasee is all-empowering and all-knowledgeable.
No, your average does not appear on your transcript from memory. Your 2 degrees are graded seperately for all subjects that have grades for them (ie. if you have an 'exempt' subject these do not count). So all IT subjects are graded together for the BComp/BScIT and all Business subjects together for the BBusiness to get you an average grade for your 2 degrees. The grade is then displayed on your degree, unless it is a Pass, then it doesn't actually show anything other than the degree name.

It should be noted that this is course specific and each course is graded seperately. While most courses at UTS average out all of your subjects, including electives, there might be some that don't. Back in 2002, the BScIT course was only graded on core subjects from 2nd year onwards, with no electives forming part of the grading either. This only applied to students who graduated in that year though, not started like I had. They changed it after that year. It was the same for the BBusiness too (ie. only your major was graded, no first year core subjects).

My averages for both degrees are pretty similar whichever way its graded. 53, 61, 65, 69, 75, 75, 78, 90 = 70.75 anyways which is still a Credit for BBusiness. Well I was happy with that!

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

jasee said:
No, your average does not appear on your transcript from memory. Your 2 degrees are graded seperately for all subjects that have grades for them (ie. if you have an 'exempt' subject these do not count).
Nooo. I want my exempted subjects to count (well the marks I got in my first semester of BScITDipITProfPrac) =(

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Huratio said:
Nooo. I want my exempted subjects to count (well the marks I got in my first semester of BScITDipITProfPrac) =(
Anything that shows up as 'Exempt' under your new course would not have a mark next to it, hence does not count towards your average. I assume, like me, you would have 2 courses in your transcript (ie. your old one and your new one). If the subject was 'Credited' (ie. is the same subject in both courses), then these do count towards your average, and should have a mark recorded next to it under your new course as well.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Yeah, I have 2 courses on my transcript. Unfortunately all 4 subjects were gained in my old course and exempt in my new course.

Wait.. that means my computing GPA is 7.0 and WAM is 92.00 =O (85 in Systems Modelling and 99 in Database Principles) bahahaha.

It won't last though, especially because I'm doing AIT this semester =/

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC

jasee said:
The grade is then displayed on your degree, unless it is a Pass, then it doesn't actually show anything other than the degree name.
Oh so Jase, does it say for example "Distinction" on your degree if you have a Distinction average?

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

lil_star said:
Oh so Jase, does it say for example "Distinction" on your degree if you have a Distinction average?
Yes.

I'm sitting on a D average for both sides now. Hopefully I can keep it that way. It looks prettier on the papers :p

Thanks for answering.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC

ragnarok said:
Yes.

I'm sitting on a D average for both sides now. Hopefully I can keep it that way. It looks prettier on the papers :p

Thanks for answering.
Oh interesting...cos at Usyd they just put Pass (regardless of whether it is a P, C, D or HD) or Hons.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Yes, it will either say:
- Bachelor of X in Distinction
- Bachelor of X in Credit
- Bachelor of X

There's honours as well I guess, but I'm not sure of the exact wording of those degrees.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC

hey jase .. for b.bus, if you failed 1 subject in your major.. and then u dropped that major..

would that 1 failed subject still be counted towards your wam/gpa ... ?
i hope not since its not longer part of your course.

and btw.. if EXEMPT does not count.. .does CREDITED count?
CREDITED is sort of like exempt, but it means you done the exact subject at uts.. but under a different course at uts..

red_stop

HSC

I'm confused with what documents you receive once you graduate. Is it true that you receive a transcript containing all of the subjects that you've done during your course and the mark that you've gotten next to it? How does this work in terms of a combined degree? Would you get 2 different transcripts?

Just a quick side note. Does anyone know what you should do if you've failed a subject. I failed one of my subjects (got 47), spent the last 3 days sulking and now I want to do something about it. Any way I could possibly bump it up to 50? Fat chance, huh?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

well if you got a 47, chances are you should have been offered a supplementary exam, so if you pass that i think they bump your mark to 50.
better to speak with your subejct coordinator about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)