UTS Semester 1 2006 Timetables and Subjects (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Post your timetable and subjects that your doing this year here. You can also post any questions you have about timetabling and subjects here too.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
ill be doing a 3 core subjects and will start the accounting major.

when does the timetable get released?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Hmpft view my thread!
i have no idea how to do my preferences

maka

HSC
Jasee or anyone that may be able to help....

The B Bus has electives as an option instead of a 2nd sub major.

Can they be less than 4 ( ie 10CP subjects or 8CP subjects) as long as they equal 24CP.

Also if they are cross faculty is there a specific process that occurs? I know you have to wait till Jan 20 but thats all it says

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You just have to complete 24 cp of electives if you're not doing a 2nd major (and obviously another 24 cp for a Business sub-major). As far as I know, doesn't matter what those subjects are worth, as long as you meet the credit points. Like you'll notice you can do some language sub-majors which have 3 x 8cp subjects in them.

As for your 2nd question, usually if you're doing subjects from a sub-major, if you're already enrolled in that sub-major then you should be able to web enrol into your subjects, otherwise you'll have to wait until the faculty you want to choose subjects in is offering general electives to students from other faculties. This is different for each faculty so you should check with them. Also, you might have to eRequest to get permission to enrol into these subjects, otherwise you can just add them to your study plan using MyStudentAdmin.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
0o0 said:
ill be doing a 3 core subjects and will start the accounting major.

when does the timetable get released?
As far as I know, you have to enter your preferences by the 13th of January, and then they get sorted and allocated by the 20th of January. After that, you can then swap between classes if there are spaces (like you would have done last year). You can also add/delete subjects, but you will have to allocate yourself to classes that have space and wait for people to drop out if the class you want is full.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
if we havent placed a preference in, does it matter? well apart from the time thing.

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
If there's anyone here already doing any form of science combined international studies degree (as in you're not just starting uni this year), I'd really appreciate your helping me in trying to work the whole uni thing out... So, if you could, please either send me a personal message on here or, preferably, Email me at sohotitbernz@gmail.com. Thank you!!

Mandy101

HSC
Re: 2006 Timetable and Subjects

I don't have any law subjects this semester, only Communications (Journalism) ones. This is hopefully my timetable if all my preferences work out:

Monday: 9am - 1pm (Communication & Information Environments)

Tuesday: 9am - 11:30am (Power & Change)

Wednesday: 9am - 12pm (Contemporary Cultures)

Thursday: nothing

Friday: 10am - 2pm (Journalism 1)

I'm happy with it :)

old man river

HSC

any idea wen 1st years get our timetables? are they emailed to us?
cheers

Mandy101

HSC

Old man river, you can check your timetable on UTS online. Go to: www.uts.edu.au/onestop/studentadmin/ and follow the links to the timetable service. You type in your subject codes and it will tell you when you have lectures/tuts/seminars etc. Ofcourse, your timetable will depend on whether your preferences are accepted.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A

After going to enrolment and going through the application process regarding exemptions, I ended up getting exemptions for 7 subjects.

Here are the subjects I'm doing this year

Autumn:
- Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions
- Taxation Law
- Management Decisions and Control
- International Accounting

Spring:
- Marketing Foundations
- Fundamentals Business Finance
- Accounting Standards and Regulations
- Accounting Business Combinations

Is it ok if I do these subjects in those particular semesters?

Should I change it?

Calla

HSC

Mandy101 said:
Old man river, you can check your timetable on UTS online. Go to: www.uts.edu.au/onestop/studentadmin/ and follow the links to the timetable service. You type in your subject codes and it will tell you when you have lectures/tuts/seminars etc. Ofcourse, your timetable will depend on whether your preferences are accepted.
how does it tell you you're timetable if u havent logged in???...does it automatically log in or something?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Rayanaldo said:
After going to enrolment and going through the application process regarding exemptions, I ended up getting exemptions for 7 subjects.

Here are the subjects I'm doing this year

Autumn:
- Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions
- Taxation Law
- Management Decisions and Control
- International Accounting

Spring:
- Marketing Foundations
- Fundamentals Business Finance
- Accounting Standards and Regulations
- Accounting Business Combinations

Is it ok if I do these subjects in those particular semesters?

Should I change it?

Did you get an exemption for Cost Management Systems? If not, I would do that first before doing Management Decisions and Control. Also, I would also do Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions before doing Management Decisions and Control or any other non-law Accounting major subject first. Perhaps substitute MDC in Autumn with Applied Company Law instead if you have to do that as well.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A

jasee said:
Did you get an exemption for Cost Management Systems? If not, I would do that first before doing Management Decisions and Control. Also, I would also do Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions before doing Management Decisions and Control or any other non-law Accounting major subject first. Perhaps substitute MDC in Autumn with Applied Company Law instead if you have to do that as well.
Yep, I got exemptions for both Cost Management Systems and Applied Company Law.

lozza_c

HSC

Hey.....just a bit of confusion with this timetable thing....ive done all the preferences for each of my med sci subjects except one....its the 'Biomolecules: Structures and Function' subject...and its tricky coz its set up in a different format to the other few subjects.....
In most of the ones i did i just simply put in order preferences i wanted....but this subject is in the form of a grid....and i have 2 select a preference of activity group and then of the activities within the group.....i dont really understand wat im doing...i guess it wont matter wat preferences i put in coz there is only 2 times to do the prac/tut but i was wonderin if anyone else knew wat 2 do :S.....
Thnx :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Rayanaldo said:
Yep, I got exemptions for both Cost Management Systems and Applied Company Law.
So you got an exemption for CMS and ACL but not for Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions? That is quite odd! Well it should be alright do to MDC then as you should have the basic accounting knowledge from CMS to understand it.

peepee

loser.
HSC

ok so like, when do we get our timetable

and how do we go about changing it if it doesnt work out nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)