UTS Semester 1 2006 Timetables and Subjects (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Re: 2006 Timetable and Subjects

Does anyone doing BIA or Business Stats want to trade tutes? I have tute 4 at 2pm but I want tute 3 at exactly the same time so I can be with my friends because I don't have a great urge to make new ones.

and if I'm enrolled in a subject but havent picked classes, would they kick me out of the class?

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC

My timetable has just totally changed... only because I actually bothered to check UTSOnline.

But hey, for the first two weeks I get Thursday's off; yay!

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC

for Bach. Science in IT isn't Networking 1 supposed 2 be a 3hour LAB ONLY?? Accordin g to my timetable it's a 2 hour LAB and a 1 hour lecture... is that right???
I'm pretty sure I remember John Colville saying it was a 3 hour lab @ the IT camp.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

It used to be a 3 hour lab. Now it's not =p

Aiham

HSC
N/A

Networking 2 is still only one 3 hour computer lab.

desai

HSC

hi all, im a first year student and im doing 4 subjects.

i checked out my timetable using the link specified in the VC's e-mail, https://mysubjects.uts.edu.au/aplus2006/apstudent, and then by going to my allocations, and was suprised.

under the dates in which the lectures, pracs and tutorials occur it says that i will only be going to one lecture and one prac in my first week(?). is that whack or what. everyting starts in march or way later on in the year like july.

i know somethings wrong, this cant be my timetable. where am i supposed to go to find my timetable?

help please

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Yes, the classes under My Allocations are the classes that you go too. Make sure you click on each subject on the left hand side to make sure you'll allocated yourself to every possible activity type as well.

..and yes, there are only 28 days in February so any classes from Wednesday onwards will show up as March. Remember you're only doing AUT classes this semester, so don't go to your SPR classes just yet. Basically, the SPR ones wouldn't have a room number anyways, so should be easy to pick out.

For most subjects, Week 1 is the introduction week, so you'll usually only have just a lecture, but it depends on the subject.

desai

HSC

its bullshit i dunno why they would have spring classes up already... maybe to confuse things even more??

desai

HSC

ok so what ive done is imported that table into excel removed spring classes, and removed classes that do not start this week. that would leave me with my first week's timetable right?

because everyone was saying that "first week is compulsory", "you HAVE to go to first week classes" but it turns out that i wont be going to many, so i am unsure

also can i still change my class times/preferences around after the first week? and how would i go about doing this

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Yeh, as long as you have checked the dates, you should be right, but just confirm at this weeks lecture. There are some classes other than lectures that do run in Week 1, and this is usually true for Science, however you would have got some notice saying that no Science labs or tutorials are running in Week 1, only lectures.

You can change your classes around as long as the lecturer hasn't finalised them yet. Most of the time they would have already downloaded the list in Week 1, so it depends on them. Most of the time you can just change and then tell your old tutor that you've changed and tell your new tutor yout joining. As for lectures, as long as it's not complusory for you to attend a certain lecture, you can just go to any of the lectures provided there is space (which there usually is after Week 1 when some people stop going).

HSC

jasee said:
Yeh, as long as you have checked the dates, you should be right, but just confirm at this weeks lecture. There are some classes other than lectures that do run in Week 1, and this is usually true for Science, however you would have got some notice saying that no Science labs or tutorials are running in Week 1, only lectures.

You can change your classes around as long as the lecturer hasn't finalised them yet. Most of the time they would have already downloaded the list in Week 1, so it depends on them. Most of the time you can just change and then tell your old tutor that you've changed and tell your new tutor yout joining. As for lectures, as long as it's not complusory for you to attend a certain lecture, you can just go to any of the lectures provided there is space (which there usually is after Week 1 when some people stop going).
i'm still not sure if i should go to MPO lecture at 4pm tomorrow cos of the massive break between that and the isp lecture at 10am. but there's no space left in the 12pm mpo lecture and there's not many people going 2 the one at 1pm. i also heard that mpo has an 5% attendence mark. is it ok to change lectures sessions afterwards if attendence is marked for mpo?

also if there's spaces in the 12pm lecture after week 1, then i need to change my tute session for isp to 1pm cos of clashes. so if i did this, i'll be doing isp then mpo then back to isp tute and lastly, mpo tute.
is this structure recommended or should i just stick to the 4pm lecture and have isp lecture & tute first then mpo after?

lastly, when is the due date for allocation adjustment or can i change lecture sessions at anytime?
god it's confusing!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

JimmyK said:
for Bach. Science in IT isn't Networking 1 supposed 2 be a 3hour LAB ONLY?? Accordin g to my timetable it's a 2 hour LAB and a 1 hour lecture... is that right???
I'm pretty sure I remember John Colville saying it was a 3 hour lab @ the IT camp.
i thought that as well.. my timetable says 2hr lab and 1hr lecture as well..

anyways my timetables okay:
Monday: 4-7pm (Principles of Distributed Computing)
Tuesday: 1-4pm (Information, Classification and Control)
Thursday: 9am-1pm (Object-oriented Programming)
Friday: 9am-10am, 12pm-2pm (Networking 1)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

The attendance mark for MPO is for tutorials only. You can go to any of the lectures provided there is space. Don't worry too much about lecture allocations; just tutorial allocations. The lectures in Week 1 might be full so it's best to go to the one you're allocated too, but after that you can probably go to any. Just surf the net during your break or go shopping :p

So-net

HSC
回覆: Re: 2006 Timetable and Subjects

steph@nie said:
21? really? i'm doing 22 but wanted to do 28... but thanks anyway matty :)

another question- I have a timetable clash for two auto-allocated subjects but the lecturer/tutor of one said that she would move her class back an hour so I could do both. Who would I have to talk to about being allocated to both activities anyway?

and! Does UTS have subjects that run in the winter break at all?
For Business subject, UTS just run 27716 Sport Marketing in the winter break....
If you haven't done 25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance....the University of Sydney Winter School FINC2011 Corporate Finance 1 might able to credit back to FBF .... but of course you need to ask the faculty before hand :) :) ....

So-net

HSC
回覆: 2006 Timetable and Subjects

I guess I am quite lucky, I got a really great timetable, 4 days weekend

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Re: 回覆: 2006 Timetable and Subjects

Mm... I also have a four day weekend, but it's Thursday - Sunday. :) And then I have another day off on Tuesday. This semester is really a bit of a bludge for me...

Monday:
6.00P - 9.00P ... Spanish

Wednesday:
9.00A - 10.00A ... Comparitive Social Change (lec)
10.00A - 11.00A ... Sequence and Narrative (lec)
11.00A - 1.00P ... Sequence and Narrative (tut)
2.00P - 4.00P ... Comparitive Social Change (tut)

Actually, my Wednesdays kind of suck. :(

HSC
N/A
Re: 回覆: 2006 Timetable and Subjects

Daemontreu said:
Mm... I also have a four day weekend, but it's Thursday - Sunday. :) And then I have another day off on Tuesday. This semester is really a bit of a bludge for me...

Monday:

Wednesday:
9.00A - 10.00A ... Comparitive Social Change (lec)
10.00A - 11.00A ... Sequence and Narrative (lec)
11.00A - 1.00P ... Sequence and Narrative (tut)
2.00P - 4.00P ... Comparitive Social Change (tut)

Actually, my Wednesdays kind of suck. :(
your wednesday is crazy :eek:

i'm at uni everyday :( but my classes tend to start in the afternoon so it's not that bad at all :)

HSC

Well I'm doing B Science B Business @ UTS 1st yr:

Autumn
-Chemistry 1C
-Medical Science 1
-Economics for Business
-Managing People and Organisations

Spring
-Chemistry 2C
-Medical Science 2
-Business Stats (what to change to sth else - still toying...)
-{can't remember}

I'm actually very glad that I've a friend who's at UTS 2nd yr to help me thru this. It is honestly confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)