USYD vs UNSW vs UTS Engineering - which uni is the best? (1 Viewer)

knj02

HSC
Hello!
I'm a 2019 graduate and I've gotten offers from USYD, UNSW and UTS for a B Engineering(honours)/B Business (eng/med sci at usyd tho). I am planning to major in Electrical Engineering. I have to finalise my decision soon bc classes start in February and I have no clue which uni to attend.
- Focusing more on the Engineering sector, which uni is best for studying engineering?
- Travelling isn't that big of a problem for me and there's nice food stores in each uni (clearly i have my priorities straight lmao)
- I want to mainly take into account the quality of lecturers and classes at this point bc everything else is about the three unis is pretty similar to. If that's not true, pls enlighten me haha.
Please help me choose!! :(

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello!
I'm a 2019 graduate and I've gotten offers from USYD, UNSW and UTS for a B Engineering(honours)/B Business (eng/med sci at usyd tho). I am planning to major in Electrical Engineering. I have to finalise my decision soon bc classes start in February and I have no clue which uni to attend.
- Focusing more on the Engineering sector, which uni is best for studying engineering?
- Travelling isn't that big of a problem for me and there's nice food stores in each uni (clearly i have my priorities straight lmao)
- I want to mainly take into account the quality of lecturers and classes at this point bc everything else is about the three unis is pretty similar to. If that's not true, pls enlighten me haha.
Please help me choose!! :(
Unsw definitely. My friend does Elec and boy iirc it's the hardest Engineering at Unsw. The fail rate was actually really high but my friends marks got scaled heaps so he's lucky lol.

knj02

HSC
Unsw definitely. My friend does Elec and boy iirc it's the hardest Engineering at Unsw. The fail rate was actually really high but my friends marks got scaled heaps so he's lucky lol.
hi lmao I ended up choosing unsw, now that you tell me it has a high fail rate, i guess it over for me 🤡😔🤚
also, wtf it's only the first week and we had 6 math maple tutorial quiz thingies and an assignment due with 4 days to complete it (it's due today and i'm starting now welp), i think i cried a bit.
sorry for replying a whole month late ;p
any tips for first year at uni tho??? : )

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
hi lmao I ended up choosing unsw, now that you tell me it has a high fail rate, i guess it over for me 🤡😔🤚
also, wtf it's only the first week and we had 6 math maple tutorial quiz thingies and an assignment due with 4 days to complete it (it's due today and i'm starting now welp), i think i cried a bit.
sorry for replying a whole month late ;p
any tips for first year at uni tho??? : )
Yeah unsw is stressful. Everyone goes through that crap ton of work in first year where it feels like your drowning. I was the same but it’s easier now that I’m used to it.

The answers to those maple quizzes for all the weeks are actually online. There’s a Dropbox with them all and I think it’s on the mathsoc webpage.

Plan your work daily in a diary. If you constantly think about the work you have tomorrow then the day after and the day after that you’ll stress yourself out. Take it daily so you know your on track when you check off your goals everyday without having to constantly think about the workload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)