USyd LAW VS ANU LAW (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
This is a tough choice that I too am struggling with. Although I am still battling with the HSC at the moment I have had my heart set on USyd for a very long time (like the past four years or so) and it's kind of crushing that somewhere deep down I know I'll probably not get in. (My god I long for the days where I could have bought my way in and just run up my HECS debt from here to eternity, but alas) Having said that, ANU is right on my doorstep and 95 isn't as difficult as a 99+. Anyway, if I were you mate, I would definitely go to Sydney, rather than always wondering what could have been. 99.45 or .65 or whatever you got is an excellent HSC result and you're right, as conceited as it may sound, it would be a waist going to the ANU. If USyd isn't for you then come home to Canbe-hole, but go to USyd, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! SEIZE IT. Good luck.
How is it a waste of your UAI? Are you really that conceited that you think studying with people who got UAIs 5 points below you will be completely unbearable?

04er

HSC
if i were in your position i'd go with ANU.

-it's close to home, family, friends
-its reputation is as good if not better
-less money required, so like you said, you wont be forced to work during semester

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
go to ANU, in light of your circumstances. it's just as good as usyd.

however, should you choose to come to usyd, law isn't so difficult that you wouldn't be able to get good marks without working.

04er

HSC
you've only just started law, how could you possibly know how hard it is, especially 4th year onwards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)