USYD ATAR cutoff leniency (1 Viewer)

THElorax17

HSC
yeah haha that's the sad part coz they increase selection rank
Honestly I'm slightly more inclined to USYD because obv it's a shorter degree (can do the Doctor of Physiotherapy course for 3 years but the standard 4 year one also allows you to become a registered & qualified physio), and also the fact that USYD just seems purely "physio based", as opposed to UNSW, which (and please tell me if I'm wrong here 😂) seems slightly more over the place with the 3 different aspects to the degree, so I'm not too sure how much emphasis will be put on the Ex Sci & Physiology parts, compared to the physio subjects. Like you also said earlier, it is a combined degree so placement starts a bit later into the course than it might at USYD, so that's also a bit of a letdown. All in all though, UNSW seems really good as well, but a few of these things do USYD more appealing. Just my two cents worths tho, we'll just have to wait and see with these degrees I guess
yeah i have the same reasons, especially usyd having a sole focus on physio. Although i think that UNSW does a good job by offering more placement hours with 1400 hrs compared to usyds 1040, so whilst some may perceive the degree to be less focused on physio due to the addition of physiology i think it compensates well!

THElorax17

HSC
why is the pay for physiotherapists the same as teachers but so hard to get into??
they definetely dont have the same pay where i am from, did you guys like go to private schools cause physios get like 100,000 + [not entry level] 😂

Interdice

HSC
Bruh
I honestly think UNSW makes up " Admitted where both ATAR and additional criteria were considered ". Because there is no way all 9 people including the 95 guy all where admited on that.

Interdice

HSC
Bruh
I honestly think UNSW makes up " Admitted where both ATAR and additional criteria were considered ". Because there is no way all 9 people including the 95 guy all where admited on that.
Bruh. UNSW doesn't know what admitted on atar and additoinal criteria means

bassamjr

HSC
Got into UNSW, im really happy about it but im still kinda bummed about not getting into USYD. Im still keeping it as first preference into january rounds whilst accepting the UNSW offer

What about you?
I got into USYD physio due to bonus points from dux so I’m thankful for that. Still not 100% sure if I wanna do the degree at USYD or ACU tho. I feel like ACU is too underrated because I went to a practicing physio and she said they don’t allow usyd students to do placements at the place she works at. Apparently they don’t know what they’re doing and half the international students don’t know how to communicate in english properly. She also said the USYD course is a bit outdated and ACU’s course has more of the latest info since acu is a new uni. Also there’s a website that compares degree outcomes and graduates from physio at acu have higher salaries on average than those who graduated from usyd. There’s no info on unsw considering it’s a very new course.

HSC
is there any advantages of getting a masters in physio at unsw than bachelors of physio at usyd?
UNSW course will provide u with 2 more accreditations alongside physiotherapy which are exercise physiology and exercise science, this will mean u have more skills and will appeal more to employers. Mind u most graduates who just do physiotherapy have a graduate salary of 65-75K with very few students getting 85k+ in their first couple of years unless if they had experience or connections.
With the UNSW physiotherapy degree, your graduate salary would be higher as u are more trained and will get a higher pay overall as companies or private practices wont need to pay money for both exercise physiologists and physiotherapists and can instead just pay one person with both accreditions.
UNSW course is one year longer however, if u were to do the 3 acredditions separately it would have taken 7 years so u are saving 2 years. I would personally do UNSW as u get paid more as a graduate. UNSW physio also despite having exercise science during undergrad has physiotherapy subjects in your first year alongside a 2 day placement to get u exposed early on to what the field is like. So d think the physiotherapy and exercise science aspect would be isolated. U will officially start your masters of physiotherapy in year 4 of 5 but from year 1 u actuallydo phyiso content.
Though in terms of content, I BELEIVE UNSW physio is much more difficult than usyd and wsu physio in the first year as u are doing advanced anatomy and biomechanics while also doing normal anatomy and physiology and then doing exercise science subjects in assessment training.

Overall, if u want more insight for unsw physio u can send me a DM

esybeast

HSC
UNSW course will provide u with 2 more accreditations alongside physiotherapy which are exercise physiology and exercise science, this will mean u have more skills and will appeal more to employers. Mind u most graduates who just do physiotherapy have a graduate salary of 65-75K with very few students getting 85k+ in their first couple of years unless if they had experience or connections.
With the UNSW physiotherapy degree, your graduate salary would be higher as u are more trained and will get a higher pay overall as companies or private practices wont need to pay money for both exercise physiologists and physiotherapists and can instead just pay one person with both accreditions.
UNSW course is one year longer however, if u were to do the 3 acredditions separately it would have taken 7 years so u are saving 2 years. I would personally do UNSW as u get paid more as a graduate. UNSW physio also despite having exercise science during undergrad has physiotherapy subjects in your first year alongside a 2 day placement to get u exposed early on to what the field is like. So d think the physiotherapy and exercise science aspect would be isolated. U will officially start your masters of physiotherapy in year 4 of 5 but from year 1 u actuallydo phyiso content.
Though in terms of content, I BELEIVE UNSW physio is much more difficult than usyd and wsu physio in the first year as u are doing advanced anatomy and biomechanics while also doing normal anatomy and physiology and then doing exercise science subjects in assessment training.

Overall, if u want more insight for unsw physio u can send me a DM
Thanks. Helps a lot!

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Would a 99.1 atar be competitive for the usyd physio degree in the jan offer round?

ms_grape_taco

HSC
the atar is competitive but whether you get in depends on if there any spots left by then (i think spots are more limited this year due to the addition of approximately 30% of the entries coming from mysydney scholarships as said by usyd).
wait so the "flexibility" of uni (and whether you want to change between courses) depends on how many seats are available at all times?

bassamjr

HSC
wait so the "flexibility" of uni (and whether you want to change between courses) depends on how many seats are available at all times?
yeah, and the main reason physiotherapy is very competitive to gain entry into at usyd is high demand with not enough spots supplied to accommodate that, so they limit bonus point schemes and make atar requirements high.

HSC
Got into UNSW, im really happy about it but im still kinda bummed about not getting into USYD. Im still keeping it as first preference into january rounds whilst accepting the UNSW offer

What about you?
I got into usyd in the second round with a 98.85 atar and no bonus points, I got unsw in my first and ended up choosing unsw but d think unsw is bad since usyd has more 'prestige' (though the ranks are now the same so it d matter).
d be sad u will probs get an offer for usyd int he next round. I bet there are many peeps who didn't get into unsw so u should be pretty happygettin in :)

HSC
yeah, and the main reason physiotherapy is very competitive to gain entry into at usyd is high demand with not enough spots supplied to accommodate that, so they limit bonus point schemes and make atar requirements high.
yup sadly that's the case for med, dent and physio where there are no earlier offers or many bonus points (though that should be a sign indicating the high standard of the profession where u d just get in with a low atar like other courses such as law where at one uni u need a 99 and another u can get in with a 60, for physio it is a 93 avg across all unis)

HSC
what about usyd law - would 99.35 have a chance in later rounds?
yeah easily, law isn't that hard to get into so dw, usyd just puts super high numbers on the website but people get in with mid 90s without E12/mysydney so u should be all good

HSC
99.5 is a pretty hard cutoff unless you have any bonus points
its a soft cut-off, I got into law (which was my last preference) with an atar just under 99 and I had 0 bonus points, just wait for next round or the final round, should get it by then, but still make sure u have options which u will defo get (like uts law or unsw law-if u did lat)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)