Use of the word 'racism' (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123 said:
read up on the history of the word 'niger' and prove yourself wrong.
yeh ok. i was thinking of nicknaming cultures. But it shows that nicknaming cultures is designed to be offensive, such as "niger".

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Re: the word 'racism'

This thread reminds me that there is little hope left for humanity and that there is no shortage of idiots out there. I don't play footy and I think Beer is awful but I like Tennis and Cricket and I prefer not to drink. I guess I'm just unAustralian.

http://www.richardneville.com/Journal/webimages/riots cronulla 201205-3.jpg

I love yob Australia.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
krabby_me said:
Double standards is another thing happening in Australia that is totally wrong. In fact it happens all around the world, but Australia has got to be one of the worst offenders.
If an aboriginie.......
- cant get a job its racism
- tried for murder its racism
- isnt given twice as much money as whites its racism
- is attacked for provoking people its racism
- criticised for wrecking their house its racism
- called stupid its racism

There are many more. This highlights the fact that Aboriginies want everything handed to them on a platter rather then working hard like everybody else. They want to get paid for doing nothing. They want to wander the streets and stick their fingers up at everybody. They want to attack people in parks. If they really wanted help they would realise they need to help themselves.
No they do not. And if you actually research the views of modern Aboriginal activists you will see that they are against heavy welfare and spoon-feeding and are promoting simply the removal of barriers so that oppportunities may be taken, rather than given to them.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
VB and football, my aren't you a productive one. So you are saying that everyone should try to adopt this "culture"?
Im saying thats the general culture that everybody should live by in Australia. If they dont drink then they shouldnt have beer. Or they may be wine lovers. They may like rugby instead of footy. But that is the general culture of Australians.
No, that is your culture. Many of us do not like those things and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I don't like football and generally prefer wine over beer. Does that make me less worthy of living here than you? No. Chances are, I know more about the history and institutions of this country than you will ever know. Simply because people have different tastes to you is no reason to attack them.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
You really have no right to assert your very narrow visions onto others. How dare you tell people what attitudes they should adopt?
You have to be joking. Hahahahahahahahahha...people like you come to australia and celebrate your religion on our christian streets.
1. I'm not religious.

2. The streets are not "Christian". Ever heard of separation of Church and State?
krabby_me said:
You come here with ideas about gangs, and ideas of creating a mafia as we dont have one yet. You come here thinking that because we are multicultural we have to have every single bit of every culture from around the world. People come to our country expecting to do whatever they like, they come here with attitudes that have wrecked their home countries. Those attitudes have to be changed in order for Australia to maintain a productive and positive way of life.
I didn't "come here". I was born here, as were my parents.
krabby_me said:
Yes i know that freedom is first and foremost. The freedom to go to the beach without being annoyed and attacked by lebanese and gangs. The freedom for an aussie icon, the beach surf lifeguard, to go about their duties without being attacked. The freedom for Australians to walk down the street at night in a big group without being confronted by a middle eastern gang. It is NOT the freedom to do whatever you want.
Of course. I never claimed otherwise.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
A large proportion of indigenous people live in areas of social deprivation, including rural and remote areas where education and work opportunities are limited. [1]
I live in a rural area. I am helping myself get a better life. Rural areas are great for people finding first time work. You need little or no experience to work on farms. You even get alright pay. The bad thing is, is that Narrandera, an town where aboriginal children wander the streets at night attacking people. I know of someone who was about 4 and was attacked in a park. The parents dont do anything.
Where abouts do you live? There are many remote areas with limited work opportunities.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
They are more likely to live in improvised homes and in places with a greater number of people. [2]
They need to help themselves more, and stop trying to take the easy way out by asking for government handouts.
And how do you propose they do that? The government has deprived them, then set them up on the spoon-feeding of welfare.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
In some communities there are issues of safe drinking water, sewerage, electricity and rubbish collection. [3]
I wonder what i would do. I would move...get the newstart allowance, get a job and start a new life. Oh my god how hard was that.
How realistic. :rolleyes:

How will you afford living in a new area? How easy do you think it is to get a decent paying job? How are they going to deal with separation from their friends and family? How is someone from a remote, rural community going to deal with living in suburban areas without any support? It's easy for you to say these things but practically difficult to achieve.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
Indigenous people have higher unemployment [4],
There are so many schemes to help them it is not funny. They have so much help in getting jobs. Also they probably have the wrong idea about jobs. They dont realise they have to work hard rather then turn up.
Of course they have the wrong idea about jobs. They are not used to doing the sort of things that our society wants. Again, the result of historical social ostracism. Additionally, welfare schemes have kept indigenous people out of work being spoon-fed rather than encouraging the finding of jobs. Further, I'm curious as to what sort of jobs do you think are available for them? High-paying corporate work? :rolleyes:
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
lower average income [5],
Keep improving your job
Ah yes. If only they knew about that piece of wisdom!

I've got my own wonderful advice for you: "do well in life!" Hey, you're not doing well? Well I told you what you should be doing! Why aren't you doing it?

It's not that simple.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
greater death rates [6],
Improve lifestyle by getting a job.
1. Even if they had a job the health services in many rural and remote areas that indigenous people inhabit have been (and some still are) appalling.

2. Again your wonderful wisdom "get a job". Do you really think you are so much smarter than them that they don't understand that? Do you really think they are that stupid? It's not that simple.

I hate to break it to you but the employment prospects of someone with no education are quite limited. Additionally, as I said, until recently social welfare has crippled the job-seeking incentives of indigenous people.

There is a great deal of history to the current situation which you just want to ignore. But it is that history which makes it so difficult for the advancement of indigenous welfare. You can't just look at them now and go "why aren't they doing this". You have to look at the barriers and problems facing them and how they got there. To ignore these things is just biggoted grand-standing.
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
and are extremely over-represented in deaths in custody [7]
They most likely attack the cops, and in self defence the cops knock them out.
Stop and think for a moment. Why would they attack police while in gaol?
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
as a result of high prison rates [8].
Have you ever thought that its because they commit more crimes.
Why is it they commit more crimes? Let's look at the possibilities:

(1) They are just "scum" and innately bad people (People like you tend to suggest this).
(2) Forces external to them are causing them to commit crime.

Do you think a multi-millionaire would go around shoplifting? There are social problems that need to be dealt with and it is not as simple as slapping them all in gaol cells. What do you think that would do to them? Pushing them into a perpetual crime-cycle would be great for advancing their job prospects wouldn't it?
krabby_me said:
MoonlightSonata said:
Indeed, the very biological status of Aboriginal people has been impinged upon – life expectancy is significantly lower than for non-indigenous people [9].
The european life expectancy has slowly increased as we learn more about the food we eat, and diseases. The aboriginal body is different. It has a different immune system, and the brain is smaller. It will take a while for aborigines to improve their immune system (a benefit of stolen generation). Their brain will gradually get larger and they will be able to create immunities to many more diseases. They should also create a diet that will improve life expectancy, rather then using alcohol on a regular basis.
Alright, this is the point where I can't really take you seriously any longer. Are you suggesting that indigenous people are less evolved? That they are naturally less healthy than non-indigenous people?
krabby_me said:
I am an openly minded person
Your previous statements do not suggest such a character trait. Open-minded people question their assertions when presented with facts and argument. You choose to make broad sweeping statements that are not grounded in reality. Ergo, something is preventing you from connecting the real with your perceptions. That cause is, I suggest, a form of prejudice.
krabby_me said:
who is trying to help the whole of Australia maintain the traditional values as well as create a strong and secure place for future generations.
If you were trying to do so, you would be trying to secure the welfare of indigenous people as well. They are Australians. They also have traditional values and culture that should be preserved as much as practically possible as well.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

withoutaface said:
Vote [1] waf for next NCAP mod.
Moonlight had to have sex with me to get my vote. What are you willing to do to top it?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
On a purely unrelated note... I'm resigning as NCAP mod come March.
It's true, you debate so beautifully. You're always so civil, when others (ie me) would just dismiss their ridiculousness. You have a rare patience. I think that is a such an important quality. You've set a standard. i feel that whoever 'replaces' you needs to be able to have this sort of patience and eloquence.

*sheds tear for you*

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I propose putting krabby in a remote community, in another country (so his education is invalid), take away his money, credit card etc, give him a shit heap to live in, a few tropical diseases, maybe an addiction to alcohol or petrol sniffing, and tell him to get a job.

If he fails after, say, a month, we shall then proceed to call him unevolved repeatedly, and maybe poke him with a stick and laugh.

All in favour post below this line

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
MLS said:
No they do not. And if you actually research the views of modern Aboriginal activists you will see that they are against heavy welfare and spoon-feeding and are promoting simply the removal of barriers so that oppportunities may be taken, rather than given to them.
Not true of all of them, but I will say there are definately some great ones out there now :)

krab cake guy said:
You have to be joking. Hahahahahahahahahha...people like you come to australia and celebrate your religion on our christian streets.
I can't stand you christian types that will condemn the theocracies that exist in other countries and at the same time try to take away everything we have that separates us from them...

On a purely unrelated note... I'm resigning as NCAP mod come March.
I hope you still stick around somewhat?

Alright, this is the point where I can't really take you seriously any longer. Are you suggesting that indigenous people are less evolved? That they are naturally less healthy than non-indigenous people?
I don't see what's wrong with suggesting that.. we have to accept that different races have somewhat different bodily structures. This is while people from different parts of africa are great sprinters/great long distance runners (it is a small evolutionary change from how they've had to live)... While of course I think there is a problem with indigenous health-care - I think it's shrug the idea out of hand that it is somewhat biological.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't see what's wrong with suggesting that.. we have to accept that different races have somewhat different bodily structures. This is while people from different parts of africa are great sprinters/great long distance runners (it is a small evolutionary change from how they've had to live)... While of course I think there is a problem with indigenous health-care - I think it's shrug the idea out of hand that it is somewhat biological.
I accept that different races are biologically different. However, the reason I object to that particular claim is that (keeping in mind no evidence has been presented to support it) believing it makes it extremely easy to dismiss any legitimate concerns about Aboriginal health.

Salima

HSC
midnight_magick said:
i didnt eat lamb on australia day, i ate pork. so i guess i'm unaustralian.
I ate chicken stirfry..my dad cooked it cuase my mom was too tired too...hmm a man cooking and chicken not lamb...no alcohol was drunk and no games were played llike '"who can throw the gumboat the furthest" so I guess I'm, also unaustralian.

I think the thing is with lebanese people or others having national pride for another country is fine...they should sitll be happy though that they are in australia. Australia is pretty good. It's better than most...it's int eh top 20 of good countries/well at least health is...education is pretty easy..govt. basically pays for everything. I worked out to day that since i've got a CSP place in uni and get youth allowance, that The govt. basically pays directly adn indirectly for everything, even my text books..but I'll have to live under a bridge...if I was alone I mean..thank god I live at home! (with my parents!):haha:

Salima

HSC
If a person with more melanin (what we call black) than others say in england can ran fast so what..they can swim fast...but if you made a switch and gave the other hte same intensive training as the other then you'd have the same results (most likely). It's all about the person themselves too. I mean..not all dark skinned people are great runners. I'm not..I'm shit..then again I do have brown skin...and I'm proud of that becuase it helps protect me from the sun...but becuase of this people ask if I have some black sountry in me...but according to me dental records I'm caucasian.

Does this mean that in hundreds of thousands of years..if someone studied my body beucase I'm living in Australia also, that someone will look at my bones and say:
"This is a caucasian female, died aged 87..the average for her kind of that country of her time...and form the age of the boens that is 2thousand years ago." Then when they reconstruct my face and skin and hair they make me look white? Maybe slightly tanned, spanish still (which I've got in me btw)..with mayeb light brown-blonde hair and maybe browb eyes or even blue...(I'd love green eyes though they look great with brown skin...silly and stupid i know!)

Even afghans can have red hair and blue eyse..a lot have blue or green or grey eyes you know? They used by called the Land of the Aryans..so much for Hitler and his Aryans!

In fact I have more euro white countries lumped itno me than anything...firends can't beleive my mom's got irisha dn german and spanish, only cuase she's dark liek her mom, cause her mom and dad happened to be dark. Back in Jamaica I'd be considered white!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Salima what I was talking about with fast runners etc has been extensively researched and if you really want me to I can track down the papers for you...

Salima

HSC
I suggest everyone watch part 2 of the "Race: Power of an Illusion" tonight on ABC at 8:35/since we are tlakign about it in this thread. It would really add something to the discussions the next day, even if it would be just to criticise what was said.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
"Taboo: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We’re Afraid to Talk About It. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 114 (2): 172-174."

It makes sense to me that as they spent so much time evolving in different areas that they would get better at different tasks... I think the problem alot of people have with the assertions made by this article is that they assume that it means that because some black people are naturally gifted at different types of sport, that this somehow diminishes their achievements... or they assume that because they are all genetically good at sports they must be stupid (a common false dichotomy).

By the way I am of the school of believing that race is generally a completely made up thing, already ^

Last edited:

Salima

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
By the way I am of the school of believing that race is generally a completely made up thing, already ^
Glad to hear it.

davin

HSC
N/A
i'd like to promote the Bulworth solution to racism:
All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep fuckin' everybody 'til they're all the same color.
i'm in for doing my part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)