Use of the word 'racism' (1 Viewer)

Re: the word 'racism'

TerrbleSpellor said:
Understatement of the year?

well their not criminals, there just "tough". and dont say they are criminals, only a very small percentage are. Yeh but obviously, there is problems, for the reasons he stated correctly, its the way they're raised.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

codereder said:
well their not criminals, there just "tough". and dont say they are criminals, only a very small percentage are. Yeh but obviously, there is problems, for the reasons he stated correctly, its the way they're raised.
assult and rape are crimes, hence they are criminals
everyone knows "leb" is a synonym for "criminal"

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

krabby_me said:
The so called racism in Cronulla was NOT racism. It was standing up the rights of all Australians. For to long lebanese and other people have come to Australia and tried to force their vales upon us. We as Australians have been Australian and layed back for too long. We stood up against the people trying to take over the country our fathers and grandfathers fought for for so long.

People bringing the ideas of gangs to Australia should be attacked. People who try to bring a new culture to Australia should be attacked. People who annoy children should be attacked.
DONT come to Australia unless you are prepared to adopt our values, our culture and our way of life. Your culture has wrecked your home country, we dont want it to wreck the best country in the world.
It is a lot like a bully trying to make someone unhappy just like them. PLEASE stop trying to change australia.
All Australians want is for you to have BBQ's, for you dress Australian, for you to adopt an australian attitude.

I and many other people are not racist, we are just trying to prevent a takeover.

Sydney has already been transformed into China, both structurally and culturally. We dont want the rest of Australia to go the same way.
do you honestly think that muslim people introduced the idea of gangs and violence to australia? you think this 'defending' of Australia through violence was more righteous than the violence created by the 'muslims'?

i hate to sound extremely left wing, but it is people like you that are just as bad as the ones you are fighting. patriotism my ass. change australia my ass.

Do you even KNOW what australian culture possesses? if you honestly think that all Australians want is to have BBQ's, etc, it seems you're only skin deep. WTF is "dressing" Australian? Supre clothes, american labels, every wave of fashion that sneaks by? I don't know whether you're just being satirical, or just plain fucking retarded.

Hey motherfucker, you ARE racist. You've got some white-supremecy underlying message throughout your post. I admit that there are several problems with a good majority of certain ethnicities and their youths, but you, you have totally missed the point.

Fuck this I'm not even going to be civil.

I don't care if you're trying to be funny, the sad thing is there ARE people like you living and breathing here.

Get out of our fucking country.

HSC

ur_inner_child said:
do you honestly think that muslim people introduced the idea of gangs and violence to australia? you think this 'defending' of Australia through violence was more righteous than the violence created by the 'muslims'?

i hate to sound extremely left wing, but it is people like you that are just as bad as the ones you are fighting. patriotism my ass. change australia my ass.

Do you even KNOW what australian culture possesses? if you honestly think that all Australians want is to have BBQ's, etc, it seems you're only skin deep. WTF is "dressing" Australian? Supre clothes, american labels, every wave of fashion that sneaks by? I don't know whether you're just being satirical, or just plain fucking retarded.

Hey motherfucker, you ARE racist. You've got some white-supremecy underlying message throughout your post. I admit that there are several problems with a good majority of certain ethnicities and their youths, but you, you have totally missed the point.

Fuck this I'm not even going to be civil.

I don't care if you're trying to be funny, the sad thing is there ARE people like you living and breathing here.

Get out of our fucking country.
I like it how the way that reads, you make it sound like you were being civil up till that line :)

Comrade nathan

HSC
And that guy above, please don't patronise me with ideas about prehistoric history and archaeology, it's what I study.
Don't quit your day job, Booyah!

And rather not argue with people who propose the colonialist and imperialist definitions of nation, which only work in favour of the White colonialist nations and gives the excuse to not accept colonial past as something exploitative, i will look at the Aboriginal naiton today.

Do Aboriginal people today have a common lanuage? Yes this is called Aboriginal English.

Do Aboriginal people today share a common economic position and living standard? Yes they are deprived of the wealth, health and employment standards of the White colonialist nation.

Do Aboriginal people have a historical connection to a area of land? Yes, Aboriginal people are the historical descendants of the original inhabitants of Australia, making up various nations in the continent and it's islands

Aboriginal people of today make up a nation, and thus a nation within a nation. Just like the Black nation in the US, the Kurdistan nation in Iraq, Turky and Syria or the Palestinian nation which is occupied by another false nation Israel.

This is what a few people are proposing and i believe it to be correct and not only do leftistist believe this, a few right wing people recgonise the similarities expressed between the chauvinism of young Arabs in Australia and young Anglos in Australia. This culture is part of the dominant male culture in Australia.

Note: I left out the not in "And rather not argue", i have edited this now

Last edited:

Serius said:
assult and rape are crimes, hence they are criminals
everyone knows "leb" is a synonym for "criminal"
right.... im lebanese. i have raped your mother, your sisters, your aunties, your grandmother, and when ur daughter is born im gonna rape her as well. Why? Because im lebanese.

Im serius, im gonna do it.

davin

HSC
N/A

where this thread has ended up is a delicate mix of ironic and pathetic

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Do you honestly think that i like violence in my home land. Do you think i want to go out and criticise people. I would rather fight you with words, but your culture has decided that sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. Teh lebanese have brought a gang culture and a idea of ruling the streets.

Ur_inner_child: DO NOT CALL AUSTRALIA UR COUNTRY IF YOU INTEND ON LETTING PEOPLE TAKE IT OVER AND DESTROY THE UNIQUE AUSSIE CULTURE. People all around the world admire Australians for their culture. However with the introduction of middle easteners the culture is gradually transforming to one of violence.

I do not care if people from any country come here permanetly as long as they adopt the Australian culture entirely. They can keep their religion, but they should not try to change Australia.

Ive got plenty of middle eastener friends. Friends who follow Aussie rules and enjoy BBQ's. I dont believe in white supremecy. I am just a patriotic Australian trying to prevent a peaceful culture turning insane.

Australias culture: BBQ's, VB, cricket, laid-back, beach, footy + more

As for Aboriginies. I am sick and tired of people saying that we should say sorry, and we should give land back.
How about this. We will remove every single piece of technology (pcs, clothes, houses etc) from you and place you on the coast somewhere far away from everyone else. We will then place a huge fence around you and allow noone in or out.
Will you complain then.
We attacked you, and we won the war against you. We were the victors. Get it into your heads....winner, victor, first,

X

xeuyrawp

codereder said:
so ur saying muslim immigrants from lebanon bring their illegal social perverted beliefs and its displayed in the behaviour of the children, are we talking about terrorism here or what?? But they havnt even attacked australia yet so how can that be? Its not rape is it? U cant seriously believe rape is part of Lebanese culture?
'Rape' is not part of any culture, because if it were the normal culture, it wouldn't be considered unacceptable.

However, many cultures treat women as unequals. This leads to what we call 'rape', because we believe that women should have a say in sex. They don't. Hence so many girls, like my stepsister, being raped by a group of Lebs. Hence our society changing into one where girls can't walk around alone, because in certain communities, an unaccompanied girl = free for any man to pick.

nathan said:
Don't quit your day job, Booyah!
Yeah. Good call.

And rather not argue with people who propose the colonialist and imperialist definitions of nation,
Really, your constant use of the words 'colonialist' and 'imperialist' just make you look more and more like a Left-for-the-sake-of-Left person.

which only work in favour of the White colonialist nations
That's interesting. What about the yellow colonialist nations; China claiming ownership of Taiwan....?

and gives the excuse to not accept colonial past as something exploitative,
Yeah. Hence all the prehistoric archaeology. :rolleyes:

i will look at the Aboriginal naiton today.
You mean the one created by us?

Do Aboriginal people today share a common economic position and living standard? Yes they are deprived of the wealth, health and employment standards of the White colonialist nation.
That's interesting, you're measuring their living standard by IMPERIALISTIC, COLONIAL, WHITE values!

Do Aboriginal people have a historical connection to a area of land? Yes, Aboriginal people are the historical descendants of the original inhabitants of Australia, making up various nations in the continent and it's islands
How does that matter? What does this mean? We know that the Aboriginal ETHNICITY was here before white NATIONALITY. What's your point?

Aboriginal people of today make up a nation, and thus a nation within a nation. Just like the Black nation in the US, the Kurdistan nation in Iraq, Turky and Syria or the
*wipes a tear*

Palestinian nation which is occupied by another false nation Israel.
You would make such a good gay person. Seriously. You'd even make a better lesbian. Not only could you rant about foreign nations occupying other ones (although I never heard a 'Free Tibet!'), not only could you rant about Aboriginal nationalism, but you could also rant about feminism and gay rights.

krabby_me said:
Do you honestly think that i like violence in my home land. Do you think i want to go out and criticise people. I would rather fight you with words, but your culture has decided that sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. Teh lebanese have brought a gang culture and a idea of ruling the streets.
The lebanese have not brought a gang culture. These gangs, if u did not know, are not only australian citizens, but the large majority are born in this country also. What did the lebanese bring? They arrived 20 years ago and are now mid aged people now. Do you see mid age middle eastern people in gangs. No, THEY ARE YOUTH!!! Their behaviour is not a culture, its a behaviour.
You see this as a threat to ur culture because they are ethnic, and u target the race. Just remember one thing, and think about it, they are born in this country, they havnt brought anything from lebanon.

X

xeuyrawp

codereder said:
These gangs, if u did not know, are not only australian citizens, but the large majority are born in this country also. What did the lebanese bring? They arrived 20 years ago and are now mid aged people now. Do you see mid age middle eastern people in gangs. No, THEY ARE YOUTH!!!
What the fuck?

Are you suggesting that a culture cannot survive more than 20 years of living in another country?
Their behaviour is not a culture, its a behaviour.
That's interesting. What is a culture other than a set of behaviours?

You see this as a threat to ur culture because they are ethnic, and u target the race.
No, it just happens that in this case, the middle eastern ethnicity follows their culture.

Just remember one thing, and think about it, they are born in this country, they havnt brought anything from lebanon..
That's also interesting. If Lebanese people didn't bring their culture, why do I hear names like 'Mohammed'? OHHHHH I get it!!!! Mohammed is an ABORIGINAL name!!!!!!!! They got Mohammed from the Aboriginal 'Mohamo', which means 'tall tree'!!!!

I guess all the Islamic Mosques were also here. They weren't brought here, either!!!! I GET IT NOW!!! ALL THE CULTURE I SEE WAS ALREADY HERE!!!

How could have I missed it?! :rolleyes:

PwarYuex said:
'Rape' is not part of any culture, because if it were the normal culture, it wouldn't be considered unacceptable.

However, many cultures treat women as unequals. This leads to what we call 'rape', because we believe that women should have a say in sex. They don't. Hence so many girls, like my stepsister, being raped by a group of Lebs. Hence our society changing into one where girls can't walk around alone, because in certain communities, an unaccompanied girl = free for any man to pick.
Yeh these young lebs are really, bad, but its not from lebanese culture. Lebanon is a very democratic country, men and women freely protested to get syria out. Theres no restrictions on womens clothing and they're treated equals, as much as any western country. You cant judge the lebanese culture by the attitudes of the criminals in australia, thats all they are, they dont preach the lebanese culture at all. The fact that lebanon is in the middle east only adds to the bad name.
However in australia, to these lebanese criminals an unaccompanied girl = free for any man to pick, theres a real disclipinary problem.

X

xeuyrawp

codereder said:
Yeh these young lebs are really, bad, but its not from lebanese culture.
Nono, you said that nothing was brought. We apologise. We didn't realise that Lebanese culture was already here, before Lebanese people seemed to bring it. :)

PwarYuex said:
Nono, you said that nothing was brought. We apologise. We didn't realise that Lebanese culture was already here, before Lebanese people seemed to bring it. :)
anyway. if u think there bringing a criminal culture from lebanon, why is it just the youths that are born in australia? and not the people that have actually come from lebanon. And look at the catholic lebanese, wherever they go around the world, they dont cause trouble at all. They are not taking any type of bad culture with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Abraham
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nader
He had three siblings[1]:

Shafeek Nader, Ralph's older brother and the founder of the Shafeek Nader Trust for the Community Interest. He died of prostate cancer in 1986.[2]
Laura Nader Milleron, (a Ph.D holder and anthropology professor at the University of California, Berkeley).[3]
Claire Nader (a Ph.D holder and founder of the Council for Responsible Genetics).[4]

see wat im saying, theres obviously some particular problem with these guys in australia. Its nothing to do with lebanese culture.

X

xeuyrawp

codereder said:
anyway. if u think there bringing a criminal culture from lebanon, why is it just the youths that are born in australia? and not the people that have actually come from lebanon. And look at the catholic lebanese, wherever they go around the world, they dont cause trouble at all. They are not taking any type of bad culture with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Abraham
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nader
He had three siblings[1]:

Shafeek Nader, Ralph's older brother and the founder of the Shafeek Nader Trust for the Community Interest. He died of prostate cancer in 1986.[2]
Laura Nader Milleron, (a Ph.D holder and anthropology professor at the University of California, Berkeley).[3]
Claire Nader (a Ph.D holder and founder of the Council for Responsible Genetics).[4]
What's with the wiki articles? I don't follow... Is it just because they're from Lebanon? I'm not saying no good people have come from that place...

I think the issue is that these immigrants have a bad upbringing which doesn't force them to treat this place as the place in which they have to live properly.

I think that any early group of immigrant is going to 'play nice' and participate. They're worried that they'll be excluded from society and kicked out. These Lebs know that we're not going to kick them out. It's like the Aboriginal community in wellfare houses -- they don't have to work for the place, so they treat it like shit.

If the government stopped fucking up the Aboriginal community with simply providing for it, these people would learn that unless they work, they're going to 1). rot in gaol and 2). die of starvation. Whilst both are happening, many Aborigines realise that if they play their ancestory cards right, they can live for nothing.

I'm sorry that both examples are racially-centred, but they're the best examples for us. If you are simply given something on a platter, you treat it like shit, like a rich-kid with daddie's credit card. These Lebs know that they can just fuck around, and no harm will come to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeh i agree with u there 100%.

the articles were just to show that leb culture doesnt involve crime. immigrants which have migrated in past generations, have been successful, which supports what u said.

The lebs are realy undisclipined, because a country like australia is really free, and the parents raise them as if there in lebanon, which required less disclipine cause its not a western country. Thats why australia is like a platter to them.

Im pretty sure but, by the time their adults and have kids, theyll raise them with disclipine. Its just that they werent raised with discipine themselves cause there parents have never been in this country. And the catholic lebs are alright, cause there parents are australian, and have raised them australian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
krabby_me said:

Ur_inner_child: DO NOT CALL AUSTRALIA UR COUNTRY IF YOU INTEND ON LETTING PEOPLE TAKE IT OVER AND DESTROY THE UNIQUE AUSSIE CULTURE. People all around the world admire Australians for their culture. However with the introduction of middle easteners the culture is gradually transforming to one of violence.

I do not care if people from any country come here permanetly as long as they adopt the Australian culture entirely. They can keep their religion, but they should not try to change Australia.

Ive got plenty of middle eastener friends. Friends who follow Aussie rules and enjoy BBQ's. I dont believe in white supremecy. I am just a patriotic Australian trying to prevent a peaceful culture turning insane.

As for Aboriginies. I am sick and tired of people saying that we should say sorry, and we should give land back.
How about this. We will remove every single piece of technology (pcs, clothes, houses etc) from you and place you on the coast somewhere far away from everyone else. We will then place a huge fence around you and allow noone in or out.
Will you complain then.
We attacked you, and we won the war against you. We were the victors. Get it into your heads....winner, victor, first,
LOL this girl is funny, she like full on beleives what shes saying and everything

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
krabby_me said:

Will you complain then.
i said get out.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A

erawamai said:
1. 'Our Culture' is hardy homogeneous as are the cultures of the world. The culture and 'way of life' that I live is most probably quite different to the culture which you live by. My interpretation of Australian culture is probably different to yours.

2. The notion of forcing our 'culture' onto the people who come here is a bit heavy handed. In any case our interpretation of Australian culture is rather vaguely based on notions on mateship and being generally good. Unless you are talking about stereotyped Steve Irwin type Australia culture (Has anyone seen the new immigration video they show on international flights to Australia featuring Mr Irwin? :\ )

3. Australia is a sovereign nation is entitled to force the the law onto everyone. However to 'force' the law isn't really a good way to describe it. The law isnt really forced onto anyone. It simply applies to all people within our borders. I think it's a a bit of a leap to say that because we are allowed to apply our laws to newly arrived immigrants that we are entitled to force our personal, and different, conceptions of Australian culture onto those people.

4. Not every aspect of 'Australian culture' is perfect and, just perhaps, it is good that certain aspects of other cultures exist in Australia. to suggest otherwise is to infer than culture does not improve by comparison and examination of other culture practices.

As for the question of forcing our culture onto people when they come to Australia. Forcing people to adopt a culture will not result in people actually liking the culture which they are being forced to adopt. It would be better to say that new immigrants from different cultures should be encouraged to adopt a baseline culture. Essentially the baseline culture of Australia is to find a job, work and not break the law.

But you have to be realistic. A person who has come to Australia after living in a country that has a totally different culture is not going to adjust easily or overnight. It would be reasonable to say that a person who is grown up and lived in a certain culture will always identify and possibly miss the culture in which they were brought up no matter how long they live in their adopted nation. It would be hard for me, having grown up in Sydney and having been born here, to turely love and adopt the new culture. Some people adopt and love the new culture faster than others but one thing is for certain is that that person will always identify with their original culture. The difference is with the culture of the children of these people. It is very likely that the children of these people will feel for the culture of their birthplace more so than the culture of the place of their parents birthplace. This may be because of the language barrier or simply because they did not grow up in the culture in which their parents were raised.

There is a slight problem with the children of some islamic immigrants who have not adopted a baseline culture of their country of brith but rather the culture of their parents.
Best post in this whole thread.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
krabby_me said:
VB and football, my aren't you a productive one. So you are saying that everyone should try to adopt this "culture"?

You really have no right to assert your very narrow visions onto others. How dare you tell people what attitudes they should adopt? The first and foremost defining element of this country is freedom. That includes the freedom to be different and possess different tastes, ideas, associations, religions and property.
krabby_me said:
Aboriginal rights activists are not asking for you to give your land back. They are pushing for unused Crown land to be made available for Native Title applications. Additionally, many modern Aboriginal activists are not concerned with the symbolic "sorry" gesture - they are more interested in obtaining practical benefits and opportunities to enhance the living conditions of their people.
krabby_me said:
Will you complain then.
But it didn't stop there did it? Instead of being made a part of our society indigenous people were kept socially ostracised. They had no redistribution of land. They had their children stolen. They faced racism at every corner.

As a result, many are now at extreme social disadvantage and the health and prosperity of the Aboriginal people are significantly lower than everyone else. A large proportion of indigenous people live in areas of social deprivation, including rural and remote areas where education and work opportunities are limited. Many communities are without adequate health and housing. Indigenous people are less likely to own their own homes. [1] They are more likely to live in improvised homes and in places with a greater number of people. [2] In some communities there are issues of safe drinking water, sewerage, electricity and rubbish collection. [3] Indigenous people have higher unemployment [4], lower average income [5], greater death rates [6], and are extremely over-represented in deaths in custody [7] as a result of high prison rates [8]. Indeed, the very biological status of Aboriginal people has been impinged upon – life expectancy is significantly lower than for non-indigenous people [9].

But hey, they should just "get over it" right?

-----------
References:
[1] Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), ‘The Health and Welfare of Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples 2003’, p 49.
[2] Ibid.
[3] Ibid.
[4] Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), ‘Population Characteristics, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians’, Article No. 4713.0. Indigenous people are approximately three times as likely to be unemployed.
[5] ABS, ‘Incomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’, Year Book Australia, 1301.0 – 2004.
[6] ABS, ‘The Health and Welfare of Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples 2003’, p 182.
[7] Royal Commission into the Aboriginal Deaths in Custody (1991).
[8] ABS, ‘Indigenous Prisoners’, Year Book Australia, 1301.0 – 2004. Indigenous males and females comprise 20% and 25% respectively of the prison population, despite indigenous people only constituting 2% of the entire population.
[9] Ibid. From 1999-2001, life expectancy for indigenous peoples was 56 years for males, 63 for females, in comparison to non-indigenous life expectancy of 77 years for males and 82 years for females – approximately a 20 year difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)