Use of contractions.... (2 Viewers)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
will it be ok if i write Ender's Game once and put EG in brackets next to it? then use EG for the rest of the paper?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
DaRanjed said:
So can we substitute 'and' with these?: +, &
it's better not to, they prefer if you don't. it's a matter of well, what are they going to do if you do? maybe take some marks off. the writing is mor eimpressive if you don't i say no don't do it.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
will it be ok if i write Ender's Game once and put EG in brackets next to it? then use EG for the rest of the paper?
yes

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
ha, calling it a PJ in my case. not sure if they could be to happy about that one... "Skrzynecki took a very big PJ", worth the 1.8 seconds? nar

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
well if you use it like 10 times it will turn out to be a massive 18 seconds... more like 30 cause im a slow writer

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
well if you use it like 10 times it will turn out to be a massive 18 seconds... more like 30 cause im a slow writer
hehe, i thinking about writing the essay with capitol letters and leaving a footnote: "see my essay and contraction sheet at home for complete list contraction meanings"

would it work?? hmmm

Assasinator_2

HSC
I wouldn't shorten 'and' to & or +, it's not proper English
However I'd see no problem in writing 'don't' or 'can't' or 'shouldn't'

If you're going to abbreviate something, ie: NSW, always state it in full the first time you use it. At least that's what I seem to be remember being taught.
However better just to write it out in full for abbreviations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)