Urgently need some reassurance (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Preferably want to go to university and transfer internally rather than transferring from TAFE to uni. If there are any other low ATAR courses I could put as a backup that'll be nice.
Have you considered UNSW's Bachelor of Arts? You could enrol in this degree, complete a decent part of it, and then attempt a transfer to your preferred UNSW degree, provided you meet the academic requirements for your chosen degree (i.e. results + WAM). Below is the ATAR profile for this degree:

1633428182788.png

uniqueusername1

HSC
As for English after getting hit with a Turnitin plagarism allegation ive gotten 0 for another 30% of my best performing subject.
Did you plagarise the entire thing? Or did you take some quotes from an essay?

Cause I have taken some quotes from essays but, the analysis + content is mine.

specificagent1

HSC
Have you considered UNSW's Bachelor of Arts? You could enrol in this degree, complete a decent part of it, and then attempt a transfer to your preferred UNSW degree, provided you meet the academic requirements for your chosen degree (i.e. results + WAM). Below is the ATAR profile for this degree:

View attachment 32475
To add to this, in order to internal transfer into UNSW com/eco you are required to have a WAM of 75 and have completed 1 year which i believe in you.
https://student.unsw.edu.au/ipt/business check 3521

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Did you apply for UOW early entry? They've been accepting majority and providing other options for those who don't get there preferences.
ACU for sure accepts literally anyone as well.

godmond

HSC
Did you apply for UOW early entry? They've been accepting majority and providing other options for those who don't get there preferences.
ACU for sure accepts literally anyone as well.
No, I didn't apply for UOW. Never crossed my mind they had a early entry program and after just finding out right now I really should have applied.

godmond

HSC
Did you plagarise the entire thing? Or did you take some quotes from an essay?

Cause I have taken some quotes from essays but, the analysis + content is mine.
I used my own context and analysis however used some of the phrasing / linking words used by 5-6 different essays I had been reading, around 10-15 kids got hit with the same thing and most of us only had 10-12% similarity.

specificagent1

HSC
No, I didn't apply for UOW. Never crossed my mind they had a early entry program and after just finding out right now I really should have applied.
um try applying for any you can now. that's all really that can be done rn.

Everything else is in the past, put it down and focus on the HSC that's all.

sabreen

HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 As you seem well versed with UOW Early Entry programme, I am interested in your thoughts. I applied (only recently for their 3rd round offers) for an early entry offer for a bachelor of laws. The minimum requirements for y11 results to get into that course are a minimum of a B in English Advanced and B in Ancient History (or other similar HSIE subjects). Although being absent for most of y11 due to the flu, I still achieved an A in english advanced, but only a B in ancient history. Do you think I have any chance of receiving a placement off these results or would a higher grade be expected?

p.s. this isn't my account if that caused confusion

laterz laterz

HSC

View attachment 32475
Ayo jimmy where did you find this table?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 As you seem well versed with UOW Early Entry programme, I am interested in your thoughts. I applied (only recently for their 3rd round offers) for an early entry offer for a bachelor of laws. The minimum requirements for y11 results to get into that course are a minimum of a B in English Advanced and B in Ancient History (or other similar HSIE subjects). Although being absent for most of y11 due to the flu, I still achieved an A in english advanced, but only a B in ancient history. Do you think I have any chance of receiving a placement off these results or would a higher grade be expected?

p.s. this isn't my account if that caused confusion
You have achieved a favourable result in English Advanced, and while the highest grade in Ancient History would have undoubtedly been preferred, you have still met the minimum requirement in terms of year 11 results for this subject. Based on your results, it would be reasonable to believe that you do have a chance of receiving an offer to study a Bachelor of Laws, provided your apparent lack of attendance throughout year 11 is not considered when assessing your application since it would otherwise present a negative effect on your application.

Ayo jimmy where did you find this table?
To view the ATAR profile for each individual UNSW degree, use the link below:

sabreen

HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560
Wow! That was fast. Thank you. Sorry to keep bothering you, I'm just really nervous atm. Do you think it's a high chance or I should just disregard it

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560
Wow! That was fast. Thank you. Sorry to keep bothering you, I'm just really nervous atm. Do you think it's a high chance or I should just disregard it
No worries! I would not disregard it - you have met the minimum academic requirement in terms of Ancient History and have exceeded the same minimum academic requirement in terms of English Advanced. The only instance where I would probably disregard it is where the student's results are lower than the minimum academic requirements. For example, if a student achieved a C or lower in English Advanced and/or Ancient History, their chances of receiving an offer will be significantly lowered.

sabreen

HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560
I think I've mistaken the above university acronym. I accidentally said UOW which I thought was the University of Western Sydney, but maybe that's for the University of Wollongong :( .

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560
I think I've mistaken the above university acronym. I accidentally said UOW which I thought was the University of Western Sydney, but maybe that's for the University of Wollongong :( .
Ah I see, no worries. A useful fact to be aware of is that Western Sydney University was previously known as the University of Western Sydney. The name change from the University of Western Sydney to Western Sydney University also meant the acronym itself has changed from UWS to WSU. UoW is indeed the acronym used for the University of Wollongong.

If you were initially referring to Western Sydney University, then my initial thought still stands. :)

specificagent1

HSC
@jimmysmith560
oh if it's wsu if you hit the min requirements you'll get it. Everyone I know as gotten it if they met the requirements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)