Urgently need some reassurance (1 Viewer)

godmond

HSC
I currently go to a fairly high ranked selective school right now however my internal ranks are completely ass (bottom 20 chemistry and maths) and average ranked for modern history and legal studies. As for English after getting hit with a Turnitin plagarism allegation ive gotten 0 for another 30% of my best performing subject. I'm super in doubt right now that i'll get anywhere even near a 85 and have lost completely all motivation to study especially during this lockdown.

The current course I'm going for is UNSW Commerce / Eco with my other 4 choices being Macquarie and UTS.

My questions are :
- Are there any UNSW courses which offer a lower ATAR requirement and would allow me to bridge or transfer towards my course
- What happens when I'm uneligible for all 5 UAC courses
- Any chances that we get special considerations considering the events that have been surrounding our HSC

specificagent1

HSC
Yeah I applied for the UTS Early Entry however didn't get it. Apparently for this year my area which has been seen as low socio-economic for the past 15 years now suddenly isn't anymore so I don't get bonus EAS points as well.
macquarie early?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
It looks like you’re only scouting the “prestigious” Unis atm. For your situation I think it would be a safe bet, if you do want to pursue that uni course, to look into other 3rd party unis.

godmond

HSC
you have hope for some bonus points (maybe english since you said it was your best performing)
English is my best performing subject though that 30% deduction from my internals makes my rank relatively unknown right now. I'm quite scared of whats going to happen to English.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Never fear. TAFE is always here. I’m not sure but are you able to transfer from a tafe course into a uni one? Jimmy where u at lol.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Never fear. TAFE is always here. I’m not sure but are you able to transfer from a tafe course into a uni one? Jimmy where u at lol.
If you are studying a Bachelor's degree at TAFE, you are likely to be able to transfer to an equivalent degree at a university (I believe it entails the same process, i.e. your results at TAFE must be high enough to be able to get accepted at the chosen university). You are not able to transfer from TAFE to university if you're in the process of studying a Certificate or a Diploma. However, completing a Diploma subsequently allows a student to further their studies at university by enrolling in a Bachelor's degree.

godmond

HSC
If you are studying a Bachelor's degree at TAFE, you are likely to be able to transfer to an equivalent degree at a university (I believe it entails the same process, i.e. your results at TAFE must be high enough to be able to get accepted at the chosen university). You are not able to transfer from TAFE to university if you're in the process of studying a Certificate or a Diploma. However, completing a Diploma subsequently allows a student to further their studies at university by enrolling in a Bachelor's degree.
Preferably want to go to university and transfer internally rather than transferring from TAFE to uni. If there are any other low ATAR courses I could put as a backup that'll be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)