URGENT HELP! Offer Rounds! (1 Viewer)

PrAlgae

HSC
HELP!!!! I got an offer to study at UNSW for Commerce. However, that was my fourth preference. My first was UNSW Double Law, but I didn't receive an offer. I want to accept the offer so I have a foot in the door and can potentially study Law after transferring, but I am still hoping to receive an offer for Law.

Details:
ATAR: 89.20
EAS?: Yes
Preference 1: UNSW Double Law - Full Time
Preference 4 (offer): UNSW Commerce - Full Time
LAT Score: 74

Should I defer until the second offer round and then ask to accept the Commerce properly if I don't get Law? Will that mean I won't get any more offers if I defer? I'm very confused and distressed about this. If you need more details please ask!

THElorax17

HSC
hi!
I got offered and accepted UNSW'S bachelors of Exercise Science and Masters of Physiotherapy today, it was my second preference with the first preference being USYD'S Physio course. I still want to go to usyd so im trying again for the january round by keeping it as my first preference and moving the Unsw's course down the list.

However, i was scared that if i dont accept the unsw offer and also dont get usyds offer in the second round i would miss out on both offers so I was on call with the UNSW nucleus/ student call centre. They told me that if i accept today's offer and i hypotheticall get the usyd offer in jan and accept it, the offer that i have now from unsw will become null and void.

so in your case if you accept commerce now and keep double law as your first preference going into january rounds, and hypothethically speaking if you recieve an offer for double law, the commerce offer will become void and then you will only be left with your law offer!

hope this makes sense!

PrAlgae

HSC
Omg thjank you so much! This was super helpful and allowed me to accept it with no concerns!

Greenbeans

HSC
hi!
I got offered and accepted UNSW'S bachelors of Exercise Science and Masters of Physiotherapy today, it was my second preference with the first preference being USYD'S Physio course. I still want to go to usyd so im trying again for the january round by keeping it as my first preference and moving the Unsw's course down the list.

However, i was scared that if i dont accept the unsw offer and also dont get usyds offer in the second round i would miss out on both offers so I was on call with the UNSW nucleus/ student call centre. They told me that if i accept today's offer and i hypotheticall get the usyd offer in jan and accept it, the offer that i have now from unsw will become null and void.

so in your case if you accept commerce now and keep double law as your first preference going into january rounds, and hypothethically speaking if you recieve an offer for double law, the commerce offer will become void and then you will only be left with your law offer!

hope this makes sense!
Did they advise you to go ahead and enrol and select classes etc now? I am in a similar position - i am going to change my preferences hoping for another degree at a different uni but want to make sure I get a timetable that fits in with my job…so after I accept my current offer can I enrol and then still withdraw?

THElorax17

HSC
Did they advise you to go ahead and enrol and select classes etc now? I am in a similar position - i am going to change my preferences hoping for another degree at a different uni but want to make sure I get a timetable that fits in with my job…so after I accept my current offer can I enrol and then still withdraw?
yes i asked them about enrolling in classes and they said that you can go ahead and do it now. Although they advised me to wait until the jan offers came out im gonna do mine now, and considering that you have a narrow timetable due to your job i would also enroll in classes now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)