UOW employment for law grads vs ANU (1 Viewer)

Candidate

HSC
That data can easily be attributed to the fact that the cohorts of UNSW and USyd are probably stronger than those from other unis. Also, what "work" do these people find? Is it work as a lawyer, or just general work?
I believe the results are the product of Law student surveys, so I would make an educated assumption that it refers to work in the legal field as opposed to general work.

As to the cohorts: stronger cohorts would likely mean better employment prospects. If you went just off that, you would logically pick the uni with the higher ATAR cut-off (I believe that is ANU rather than UOW?)

enoilgam

HSC
As to the cohorts: stronger cohorts would likely mean better employment prospects. If you went just off that, you would logically pick the uni with the higher ATAR cut-off (I believe that is ANU rather than UOW?)
ANU has a pretty high cutoff - 96ish I think. To be honest, with Law, I would probably make more of an effort to go to a higher prestige uni, because it does count to an extent in law. As I mentioned earlier, with Law firms, partners have a more significant say in recruitment and they have this mentality that some unis are better than others. That being said, other factors are more important - uni prestige is a peripheral issue.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Best to worst New South Wales universities for law + ANU:

1.UNSW: 10% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating;$67 500 starting salary.
2. Usyd: 13% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating; $67 000 starting salary.
4. ANU: 24% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating;$55 500 starting salary.
5. UOW: 27% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating;$51 000 starting salary.
7. UWS: 34% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating.
6. UMQ: stats unavailable

http://www.hobsonscoursefinder.com.au/ratings/fos/19/UG#.VEtpwkvlfwL

75% of graduates find work within 4 months of graduating in Australia (average)
Where is UTS?

bangladesh

HSC
It's not false m8.
lol it is. You're basing your argument on nothing. There are law grads who can't get a job. There aren't any doctors who can't get a job. (given they are aus citizens/permanent residents)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
lol it is. You're basing your argument on nothing. There are law grads who can't get a job. There aren't any doctors who can't get a job. (given they are aus citizens/permanent residents)
Yes.

sm2014

HSC
Best to worst New South Wales universities for law + ANU:

1.UNSW: 10% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating;$67 500 starting salary.
2. Usyd: 13% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating; $67 000 starting salary.
4. ANU: 24% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating;$55 500 starting salary.
5. UOW: 27% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating;$51 000 starting salary.
7. UWS: 34% still seeking work within 4 months of graduating.
6. UMQ: stats unavailable

http://www.hobsonscoursefinder.com.au/ratings/fos/19/UG#.VEtpwkvlfwL
University of Newcastle: 11%

UON>USYD

enoilgam

HSC
Only if you don't care about income (their income is below average for law grads).
Income really isnt a big deal when you're a graduate because at the beginning, it's more about getting your foot in the door.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)