UoS tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just need to clear one thing up, do we pick the UoS for semester 1 only or sem 2 as well?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Both semesters.

Don't worry too much, they are easily changed later on.

Wake Up

HSC
do we have to really come to uni to enroll at the time provided by unisyd?
with my degree and my surename, i have to come between 2-4 on 22nd

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I went in a whole hour before my scheduled time - they really don't care and I recommend going in early coz the lines are really long. :S

PS. Rainbowunicorn - you take a photo and declare your entitlement for concession when you enrol - the card arrives before March. :)

Last edited:

Wake Up

HSC
so we come to uni only for enrolling,right? and when do we decide our subjects?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ For you - by the 22nd. You enrol into units/subjects on the day for both semesters. :)

Wake Up

HSC
thanks! so i have to decide my subjects before 22nd? gosh

I am doing engineering flexible and I don't know which engineering stream I am going to do yet

anyway, i read on the booklet that unisyd sent to new student that there is faculy enrolment stage (stage 1) where university staff will provide academic advice and help us plan our studies.
Does it mean that we are going to have 1 on 1 session like counseling or something like that?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks! so i have to decide my subjects before 22nd? gosh

I am doing engineering flexible and I don't know which engineering stream I am going to do yet

anyway, i read on the booklet that unisyd sent to new student that there is faculy enrolment stage (stage 1) where university staff will provide academic advice and help us plan our studies.
Does it mean that we are going to have 1 on 1 session like counseling or something like that?
Yes but it's very casual and they expect you to ask the questions, very similar to BoS in a way.

Wake Up

HSC
thanks!

so i get 22nd, can i enrol on 21nd tommorow? or is it better to come on 22nd because there will be faculty representatives available to help?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks!

so i get 22nd, can i enrol on 21nd tommorow? or is it better to come on 22nd because there will be faculty representatives available to help?
No, you have to do 22nd.

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
thanks!

You have to do it on the day you are assigned.

HSC
Transport maybe. Suggest courses, don't know anyone haha. They would be my reasons though I'm not bringing mine since their opinions will annoy me bahahaha

J18134

HSC
Transport maybe. Suggest courses, don't know anyone haha. They would be my reasons though I'm not bringing mine since their opinions will annoy me bahahaha
Id rather walk around alone than go with my parents and have them ask the uni people the same questions that theyve asked me so many times.

engineering

HSC
N/A
There is a fairly standard enrolment menu for most cases. However, particularly since you are in flexible first year, the staff will ask you a few questions to adjust the enrolment depending on what your possible interests in engineering might be. You will also be asked baout maths and science background to ensure your enrolment is appropriate, and if necessary give advice.

It is nothing to be worried about - all straightforward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)