• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UoS tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

engineering

HSC
N/A
thanks!

so i get 22nd, can i enrol on 21nd tommorow? or is it better to come on 22nd because there will be faculty representatives available to help?
Engineering enrolment is not available on 21st. Please turn up at the time specified.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There is a fairly standard enrolment menu for most cases. However, particularly since you are in flexible first year, the staff will ask you a few questions to adjust the enrolment depending on what your possible interests in engineering might be. You will also be asked baout maths and science background to ensure your enrolment is appropriate, and if necessary give advice.

It is nothing to be worried about - all straightforward.
Gosh, I'd love it if the staff grilled the kids.

Hatake88

HSC
Erm. So...what happens if you get a second round offer?

Cos that might be me.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Your enrolment will begin in Feb. Timetables come out in Feb also and an ID card will be posted to your address before March. :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I just didn't understand… I got home and told my mum and she said something like "Why would adults bring their parents to enrol in a course that ~they~ chose?… you're not even an adult yet and I wasn't going to go."

I just don't understand.

Gosh, I'd love it if the staff grilled the kids.
Yeah, they sort of do.

The guy I had was like I'm worried about this and circled PHYS1001 like 8 times. I was just like "what else can I do?" and then he didn't say anything he just said I really should've done physics in highschool etc., etc.
No help at all.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I just didn't understand… I got home and told my mum and she said something like "Why would adults bring their parents to enrol in a course that ~they~ chose?… you're not even an adult yet and I wasn't going to go."

I just don't understand.
The parents which go don't seem to have a clue as well. They seem to be bemused by the whole thing.

engineering

HSC
N/A
The guy I had was like I'm worried about this and circled PHYS1001 like 8 times. I was just like "what else can I do?" and then he didn't say anything he just said I really should've done physics in highschool etc., etc.
In a case like this, you would be told to enrol in PHYS1002 - Physics 1 (Fundamtls)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Both to be honest.

I really don't know why people bring their parents though.
Saw so many people doing that today and sometimes with like their whole family-I was like why lol.

yeah... i had a good laugh about the people with their parents ^_^
So many helicopter parents where I had to enrol.

Aysce

HSC
LHS, how long did the process take?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
In a case like this, you would be told to enrol in PHYS1002 - Physics 1 (Fundamtls)
or like, you can just enrol in PHYS1001 because like if you've done MX2 and gotten an ATAR above 93 you should be fine.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
The parents which go don't seem to have a clue as well. They seem to be bemused by the whole thing.
yeah… it's just more annoying people to piss me off. :/

As support/company?
take a friend then.

Or a single parent.

Some people have two and I'm just like "go away"

Also, parents are fine if they don't like bicker with the kid and stuff

But they did when I enrolled.

Omg.

Saw so many people doing that today and sometimes with like their whole family-I was like why lol.

So many helicopter parents where I had to enrol.
oh god, I hope there aren't many tomorrow. :/

J18134

HSC
So the people that went today, what was it like and how friendly were the people? As in were they willing to listen to as many questions as you needed to ask or did they just want to get it done asap?

rosemcc

HSC
Took me about an hour and a half for science, but it could have been quicker - I was a bit chatty...
When I went all the rooms were you could talk about UoS were empty so they were happy to answer my questions and there was no rush or anything. Everyone seemed to be helpful and nice and overall an enjoyable experience! There was one annoying line right before the 'last stage' but that was basically the only line I waited in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)