• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UOS selection (1 Viewer)

HKspec009

HSC
When choosing the uos in Math for example, because i am studying medical science, should i do things that may be relevant like biostatistics or something or is it better to choose the easiest one say the one where people take it if they did not do HSC mathematics? I did HSC maths and just asking this because although i am capable, i do not like maths at all.
Also, with the first semester consisting of 24 credit points, is that 4--> 6 credit courses so basically Bio,Chem, Math and Psyc (in my choice)

Aysce

HSC
When choosing the uos in Math for example, because i am studying medical science, should i do things that may be relevant like biostatistics or something or is it better to choose the easiest one say the one where people take it if they did not do HSC mathematics? I did HSC maths and just asking this because although i am capable, i do not like maths at all.
Also, with the first semester consisting of 24 credit points, is that 4--> 6 credit courses so basically Bio,Chem, Math and Psyc (in my choice)
I THINK the biostatistics/statistics units are compulsory and I reckon you should choose the normal units for maths at least. I mean you never know, you might end up enjoying university content and your 2u maths mark is far from bad!

And to your second question, yes :)

HKspec009

HSC
Thank you for the reply, also, is it worth doing advanced units?
Specifically for biology as i planned to do advanced human biology since it is what i am interested in.

Aysce

HSC
Thank you for the reply, also, is it worth doing advanced units?
Specifically for biology as i planned to do advanced human biology since it is what i am interested in.
From what I've heard, not purely for scaling. But go for it! I'm planning to do advanced human biology as well.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you did extension maths in school it is recommended you do regular level maths.

But if you only did Mathematics you should do fundamentals.

If you didn't do mathematics at all (General Maths or no HSC Maths) you can do Introduction to calculus but if you did then you can't do that unit at all ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)