UNSW Vs. UNCLE (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well if you do medicine at UNSW, it reads on ur testimonial (if thats what its called)

Bachelor Of Medicince
Bachelor of Science (Medicine)
Bachelor of Surgery.

If you do medicine at UNCLE, do you get the identical?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
"Bachelor of Science (Medicine)"?

i dun think this is still conferred.. unless u do the BSci (Med) Hons

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
no u get BMed
Whats the difference? I.e. What is BMed compared to those I listed? Does it cover all of those?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
"Bachelor of Science (Medicine)"?

i dun think this is still conferred.. unless u do the BSci (Med) Hons
Well the person (their testimonial) got honours at unsw (finishing in top 20 in course) so do you mean that if u get honours u get that aswell? Cos it also mentions 'honours class 1'

nit

HSC
the UNSW medicine course changed in 2004. You can't do the BSc (Medicine) or BSc degree combined with MBBS anymore, simply because of the way the medicine faculty have structured the course. Instead, they're offering a BSc(Med) hons degree for 1.25 years of research as an extension of the independent learning project (ILP) in 3rd/4th/5th years I think. So the combined degree course will take 6.5 years as opposed to the standard 6 years.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
velox said:
Well the person (their testimonial) got honours at unsw (finishing in top 20 in course) so do you mean that if u get honours u get that aswell? Cos it also mentions 'honours class 1'
i believe that they do no offer the BSc(Med)..
the honours in science is a 1 yr extra..

the honours in med .. is sumfing i hav no idea about..
in fact some unis no longer offer the honours in med.. or uni medals in med

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
velox said:
so is UNSW better cos u get more degrees (hence knowledge) than UNCLE?
ROFL ..
errr.. no the UNCLE course is actualli pretti well regarded amongst aust med students..

All courses are equal.. and are meant to cover the same topics.. to recv accreditation..
i guess u should figure wat is the best option for u. :)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well newcastle is more geared towards community doctors and crap. So i guess its not for me. Sorry that testimonial is like 2 yrs old. So now honours is because u do research not because of academic merit? So they abolished the uni medals?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah... a honours in medicine is totally hopeless.. cos it was based on science-based exams + clinical skills one.. but now in med if u choose to.. u do not hav to do so much science..

hence the Honours in sciences.. and clinical skills is too difficult to figure whether ure 1st or not and u hope that a standard for med would be high..
yeah the honours sooo sets u up for academia..

note i say some unis..
some unis still hav them. .and hav different ways of conferring them..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I am annoyed.

First, a testamonial is something Dallas Gibson uses to promote his bullshit ICARUS college prep course. What you are referring to is a testamur.

Secondly, UNSW's Medical course is no better than any other in the country, and at present many Sydney doctors are reserving their opinion on it due to the problems encountered in the past two years. They should be resolved by now of course, but opinions change slowly.

Newcastle's course includes Surgery in practice but not in name. The univeristy considers surgery as a subspecialty of medicine and not a discipline in its own right, thus removing the title "Bachelor of Surgery" from the award. It doesn't mean you can't become a surgeon. :rolleyes:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
irony..
asked about UNSW and UNCLE.. med

and everyone here is from
Adel
monash
UWA
and
USYD..
..med..

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
I am annoyed.

First, a testamonial is something Dallas Gibson uses to promote his bullshit ICARUS college prep course. What you are referring to is a testamur.

Secondly, UNSW's Medical course is no better than any other in the country, and at present many Sydney doctors are reserving their opinion on it due to the problems encountered in the past two years. They should be resolved by now of course, but opinions change slowly.

Newcastle's course includes Surgery in practice but not in name. The univeristy considers surgery as a subspecialty of medicine and not a discipline in its own right, thus removing the title "Bachelor of Surgery" from the award. It doesn't mean you can't become a surgeon. :rolleyes:
thanks for the info, and i stand corrected, but no need to be so condescending.

nit

HSC
Originally posted by +Po1ntDeXt3r+

irony..
asked about UNSW and UNCLE.. med

and everyone here is from
Adel
monash
UWA
and
USYD..
..med..
well I was at one stage part of UNSW... :rolleyes:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
velox said:
thanks for the info, and i stand corrected, but no need to be so condescending.
Sorry. As you can understand I'm sick of seeing the same questions come up repeatedly, regardless of how the wording may differ. At least in this case you had searched a bit first (finding an actual UNSW testamur is pretty impressive).

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Hehe of course!

But at least we're actually med eh. Not randoms.
You enjoy rubbing it in don't you. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)