UNSW Co-op (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
misdreavous said:
They aren't there to cross-examine you.....but they will ask questions like what you thought of blah (refering to your application) and if you can't say much either because you didn't do blah....or because you didn't care much about doing blah, that comes off as a bad impression. Then again....a few have managed to get by with 'fake' things....lol.
Life is stressful, the interview is no different....=P ....just be normal, think of it as a chat rather than I have to ace this interview.
Thanks!!!

You are awesome! :)

uraleech

HSC
lyounamu said:
Are you sure? Because I remember seeing an application form where you needed to provide UAI. I sure about this. May be the application form was a late-application form. I am not too sure whether it was a late one or the normal one.

Do you think they can judge you based on your subjects? I am doing some low scaling subjects and I am worried that they might hold prejudice against me.
From past experience, we don't really care about your subjects. It's more about what you write on your application form.

Faytle said:
It has been my goal to get into the Co-op Program for a while now, but I've recently found out that the interview day for Finance is 3 days after I leave for overseas.

I've emailed them about any possibility for an alternate interview day. They basically said no, but suggested that I should complete an application anyway.

Keeping in mind that I can't postpone or not go on this trip, I'm just wondering if any current scholars have experienced a similar situation or know anyone else that has, and was able to get around this?
Apparently one of the scholars from my year was able to get a phone/webcam interview as he lives in Darwin.

lyounamu said:
So only portion of people applying will get into the interviewing stage, yeah?
Yes.

lyounamu said:
And........... don't you need to take something like HSC result or UAI result along with you?
At that point you won't have any of your marks or results yet =P
If I recall correctly, I think they ask you to bring your passport and a copy of your application form, but I'm a bit hazy on the details.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
just to clear up the whole idea with numbers on how many get in, i was talking to this accounting co-op student when i went to the ICAA info night.

he's a first year student now and he said when he applied, there was 1000 applicatons and they ended up taking 17, thats just for accounting though. hope that helps

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
leoyh said:
just to clear up the whole idea with numbers on how many get in, i was talking to this accounting co-op student when i went to the ICAA info night.

he's a first year student now and he said when he applied, there was 1000 applicatons and they ended up taking 17, thats just for accounting though. hope that helps
I reckon it's less for Actuarial...

I hope.

-Anfernee-

HSC
leoyh said:

Wow only 17 out of 1000 were chosen for accounting. No wonder they show boat around like peacocks on campus.

That's only a 1.7% intake rate...not very reassuring and it seems extremely competitive :(

uraleech

HSC
lyounamu said:
I reckon it's less for Actuarial...

I hope.
I think it's something like 600-800+ applicants (with actuarial studies as their first choice)
50-60 interviews
about 15 get in

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
uraleech said:
I think it's something like 600-800+ applicants (with actuarial studies as their first choice)
50-60 interviews
about 15 get in
That's heaps considering that actuarial studies is a hard course.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
sup guys

as far as the unsw co-op for business goes, how many categories can you apply?

like is it just

1. marketing.
2. actuarial studies
3. accounting
4. BIT

rite? and each take different amounts of candidates?

leoyh

mic`
HSC
theres also finance and information systems & management. yeah they each take a different number but overall, the numbers wouldnt be awfully large. i know accounting last year took 17 out of 1000

ShadowSwifter

HSC
leoyh said:
theres also finance and information systems & management. yeah they each take a different number but overall, the numbers wouldnt be awfully large. i know accounting last year took 17 out of 1000
ahh shit that's even harder than UTS!!! :lol: is it possible to apply for all of the business ones in one application? or is it multiple.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ShadowSwifter said:
ahh shit that's even harder than UTS!!! :lol: is it possible to apply for all of the business ones in one application? or is it multiple.
Of course, it's harder than UTS. UNSW pays you more.

What's the chance in UTS by the way?

ShadowSwifter

HSC
lyounamu said:
Of course, it's harder than UTS. UNSW pays you more.

What's the chance in UTS by the way?
as far as i know, the BaCC will accept 30 students from 200 candidates (who were cut from the initial 500 applications)

can someone answer the 2nd part of my previous post?

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Umm...in the UNSW co-op questions it says "720 characters"
Do you guys take this to mean 720 words?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC

chars = a, b, c, etc

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
I see.
So for example:

"Today is Monday"
has 3 words BUT 13 characters?
I have never seen this done before!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
15 characters, since space counts as well

leoyh

mic`
HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
i believe its multiple. in the one application, i think they ask you for about 4 preferences, so u can just choose i assume. i wouldnt know for sure though cause i havent looked at the application

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)