UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

what kind of marks are you looking to get

Most people work and do uni it's not impossible
I know but I worked during the bridging course and got shit marks. So I don't think that will be acceptable at all during uni. But I was working crazy hours and stuff, which wouldn't happen during uni. Want to aim for 'distinction', and not just 'pass'.

Because at the moment it's looking like, uni&work uni uni uni uni work work, then repeat. I've asked for 2 shifts max, but even then... I was a little worried when I was just considering the contact hours of uni, now I'm thinking about the rest expected of me and needed to do well.

If you guys had 25.5 contact hours of uni (9am starts, 5 days a week), how much would you work? I don't know if they'll let me just do 1 shift.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad

I had a similar number of contact hours in my first year and went to uni five days a week. I worked maybe 10 hours each week. There's a learning curve for most people in the first semester or so of uni so give it some time. Be good at planning. Block out time that is non-negotiable (classes, work shifts etc.) and see what you're left with.

menodiks

Banned
HSC

21 contact hours 30hours of work a week

and i still managed to fuck bitches almost weekly while getting distinctions

learn time management and learn alcohol if your best friend

-Senpai

HSC

Tutorial for MGMT are on in the first week right?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

21 contact hours 30hours of work a week

and i still managed to fuck bitches almost weekly while getting distinctions

learn time management and learn alcohol if your best friend
HSC: 2016

not sure if srs

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

I know but I worked during the bridging course and got shit marks. So I don't think that will be acceptable at all during uni. But I was working crazy hours and stuff, which wouldn't happen during uni. Want to aim for 'distinction', and not just 'pass'.

Because at the moment it's looking like, uni&work uni uni uni uni work work, then repeat. I've asked for 2 shifts max, but even then... I was a little worried when I was just considering the contact hours of uni, now I'm thinking about the rest expected of me and needed to do well.

If you guys had 25.5 contact hours of uni (9am starts, 5 days a week), how much would you work? I don't know if they'll let me just do 1 shift.
Do you have like 1 day where ur not working?

Depends on how long ur shifts are. Mine are usually 4-6 hours and I do 3 shifts/week. Assumin you get paid just as much as me that should give you about 300-400/week to afford rent.
And then as soon as holidays come just work everyday save up.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

And I usually do it after uni so I actually get days off during the week. That's when I catch up on all 4 subjects.

-Senpai

HSC

Depends which subject. I know 1001 starts in week 2.
Yeah I'm doing MGMT1001 but with the introduction message they say "We look forward to seeing you on the 29th of February" as opposed to the introduction to ACCT1501 where they explicitly state that tutorials will commence from week two onwards :/

jackleung34

HSC

Yeah I'm doing MGMT1001 but with the introduction message they say "We look forward to seeing you on the 29th of February" as opposed to the introduction to ACCT1501 where they explicitly state that tutorials will commence from week two onwards :/
This can be checked on the my.unsw website where you can view your timetable. On that you are able to check your schedule on different weeks. I know for ECON1203 their tutorials rune bi-weekly which was shown on the timetable when i checked w3, w4, w5 etc.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

fuck kid ur just jealous u have never even touched a girl

enjoy masturb8ing to japanese cartoons faggot
did you not listen to any of my melbourne clubbing adventure stories

-Senpai

HSC

This can be checked on the my.unsw website where you can view your timetable. On that you are able to check your schedule on different weeks. I know for ECON1203 their tutorials rune bi-weekly which was shown on the timetable when i checked w3, w4, w5 etc.
Oh yeah thanks heaps

If anyone else was wondering about this you have to un-click all boxes except for Week 1 and press "Get Timetable"

D94

HSC
N/A

Oh yeah thanks heaps

If anyone else was wondering about this you have to un-click all boxes except for Week 1 and press "Get Timetable"
It will actually automatically do this every week when week 1 starts.

Flop21

HSC

Do you have like 1 day where ur not working?

Depends on how long ur shifts are. Mine are usually 4-6 hours and I do 3 shifts/week. Assumin you get paid just as much as me that should give you about 300-400/week to afford rent.
And then as soon as holidays come just work everyday save up.
I'm not working on most weekdays when I got uni (because I got 9am starts next day). So I suppose I got arvos to study and whatever. I don't get paid that much tbh, but get pretty long shifts (8 hours usually).

Okay maybe if I work 2 days max, I should be fine. Would love working monday arvo + 1 weekend day. So I get one whole day fully off to do whatever.

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

uni 2morrow wish I cud be a neet longer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)