University of Notre Dame, Sydney Satellite Campus (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I agree with what you said about the better students knowing their stuff, and the better lecturers whipping the students into shape (I see a lot of this in medicine) but I don't think any of it addressed my question about the validity of cloze passages.

To me they still appear a valid yet deceptively simple way to remember "snippet concepts". Granted, I don't know HOW she used them, and that may contribute markedly to your resentment of her teaching style.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Hey look its Nana howard. The rather interesting crim teacher that was at unsw for one year. She used to teach her classes with cloze passages :\
What exactly is cloze passages?

X

xeuyrawp

Asquithian said:
I dont think we need another uni in the city area.

They should put it out where they need them!
Ah, I get your point now. :)

santaslayer

HSC
Cloze Passages sound like a very good way for lazy people like me to remember 'simple' concepts. Say the different degrees of murder: 1st, 2nd/whateva. I think it may be construed as 'spoonfeeding' by a lot of people.
I still think problem questions are best. At least you can apply what you've learnt actively.

_____ is the latin term for intent.

_____ is the latin term for the act.

_____ must be communicated to the offeror and until such time the offeror is free to withdrawal.

Is OK for most introductory/simple concepts. It doesn't do much for the learning process though me thinks.

santaslayer

HSC
Lexicographer said:
I can answer the first two from general knowledge (mens rea, actus reus) but the third == nfi.
I think it's Acceptance. (KontraCtz)

I hope it is.

That's the only thing that popped into my head....
:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)