University of Newcastle (1 Viewer)

La Bomba

HSC
I am going there for construction management, i could of gone to UTS and am hoping i havent made a bad decision.

What does everyone think of newcastle uni?

is it better than UWS?

penguin.ali

HSC
In terms of the construction fields a degree from Newcastle is quite good.
I can't really offer any opinions in terms of how it stacks up to UTS, sorry.
You always have the option of transferring later on if you don't like it.

La Bomba

HSC
In terms of the construction fields a degree from Newcastle is quite good.
I can't really offer any opinions in terms of how it stacks up to UTS, sorry.
You always have the option of transferring later on if you don't like it.
oh ok, hm wel i'l hope for the best, only time wil tel.

rx34

HSC
Best of luck in UNCLE. Though I'm sure the general consensus in BoS would be, you should have gone to UTS. If you dislike it, apply for transfers via UAC for USYD/UNSW/UTS at the end of the year. All the best hun :spin:

La Bomba

HSC
Best of luck in UNCLE. Though I'm sure the general consensus in BoS would be, you should have gone to UTS. If you dislike it, apply for transfers via UAC for USYD/UNSW/UTS at the end of the year. All the best hun :spin:
haha fankszz for the support.
hopefuly newcastle wil be okay,
then after 4 years im outa there

HSC
Uni Grad
Just my opinion but which uni I go to would always be based on proximity no matter what ATAR I got. If it's the same course it ain't gunna be THAT much different really.

NewiJapper

HSC
The University of Newcastle is one of the best universities in Australia regarding enigneering and construction faculties. Because of the massive industrial sector in Newcastle you are guaranteed contacts or jobs straight out of your degree. Ignore the people saying how shit it is and decide for youself. Yea it may not be made of sandstone or contain amazingly shiny brand new buildings but its facilities are of world class and the education is on par with national standards :)

Enjoy your time at UNCLE and try to get as much time at our beaches as possible ;) They shit on Bondi and 'Nulla.

Bananaberry

HSC
As someone who lives in Newy, I agree about the good job prospects in the industrial/construction sector. I know a few people who have degrees in that area and have had no problem getting jobs. Newy also has a great uni student atmosphere and a good social life. The clubs and pubs are all open on Wed night in town for "uni night", and the bar on the hill has a lot of big name bands playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)