Units Clarification! (1 Viewer)

popandi22

Banned
HSC
Hey Guys,

I'm currently in Prelim and my subjects are:
- Advanced English
- Extension 1 Maths
- Information Processes and Technology (Accelerated)
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Engineering Studies

I know that I'm not going to do the best in IPT HSC this year. The cohort is crap and not much effort is shown by the teacher. So I was thinking that if I purposely do bad in the HSC this year and pick 4U Maths next year and drop Engineering Studies also, then IPT won't count towards my final ATAR right? So basically, do bad purposely in IPT this year, then pick 4U Maths and drop Engineering Studies. I just want to confirm that I don't want IPT to count towards my final ATAR and that the only units I want to include are those of Adv. English, 4U Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

D94

HSC
N/A
No no no!

UAC will always use your best 10 units. If your scaled mark in IPT is better than say Chemistry, then they will use IPT. Why would you want them to use Chemistry if it gives you a lower mark, hence a lower ATAR?

It does not matter which subjects count towards your ATAR; it will always be your best 10 units. Don't 'purposely' do bad; it serves no purpose.

Why don't you just drop IPT?

calamebe

HSC
Honestly there is no reason to drop IPT now, it's too late for that to be of any use. The best option would be to focus more on your other subjects, but still try your best for the IPT exam. There is literally no reason to purposefully do bad, as D94 said. If you do crap, well ok, it shouldn't count towards your ATAR. However, if your IPT mark is better than another one of your marks, then that will go on your ATAR. Also you are disadvantaging other students by purposefully doing bad. There literally only negative effects for you and your cohort if you purposefully do bad. Please just try your best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)