Union Board Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
the most effective method is to put stuff up on the walk from redfern station. all my classes are at carslaw/engineering and i barely c the UKneee

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
A High Way Man said:
the most effective method is to put stuff up on the walk from redfern station. all my classes are at carslaw/engineering and i barely c the UKneee
Way ahead of you.

HSC
withoutaface said:
I was eating slivers of pizza out of a bag. and yeah was at city rd.
The pizza must have been hidden amongst the masses of people crossing.

:wave:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
P.S. whoever runs on a ticket of introducing internet voting will have my first ever vote. methinks it wont be introduced as it will increase turnout, which will inturn balance out the board with both labor and liberals, which for dominant labor, is not good

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Note to self- Do not walk through Wentworth on election day.

If you must, bring some of those giant padded sticks like they have in gladiators. Or fire or something.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm a student politician and I know how to firetwirl.

I am unstoppable.

EDIT: Townie, I'm all for internet voting if it can be implemented properly. When it was done down in Melbourne it was rorted through things such as students setting up a laptop at uni with a dummy voting website in the browser, which then collected the usernames and passwords of students and used them to vote for the candidate those running the stall supported.

Last edited:
HSC
withoutaface said:

I am unstoppable.
You sure are. Intimidating folk. Walking the old footbridge last year during the elections sure felt like the Gauntlet on the Gladiators.

You were there right at the end too.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
withoutaface said:

I am unstoppable.

EDIT: Townie, I'm all for internet voting if it can be implemented properly. When it was done down in Melbourne it was rorted through things such as students setting up a laptop at uni with a dummy voting website in the browser, which then collected the usernames and passwords of students and used them to vote for the candidate those running the stall supported.
isnt that like....illegal

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
A High Way Man said:
require UniKey to vote!@
Not just that. You'd also need to ban people going around with laptops getting others to vote using them etc.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
withoutaface said:
Not just that. You'd also need to ban people going around with laptops getting others to vote using them etc.
how is that different from a politician voting for himself? once you use up the unikey vote, you cant vote anymore

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying people were harvesting peoples usernames and passwords under the guise of getting them to vote any which way, but they actuall rigged it such that it was a dummy website instead.

Secondly you'd have issues whereby someone who wasn't a member of the Union already would need to sign a piece of paper to vote (as is the case now) and you can't do this digitally.

kokodamonkey

HSC
People need to realise that these elections are like having to see the dentist every 6months... So just think of this as good that its just here now because then you have another year of freedom.

kokodamonkey

HSC
el gwapo said:
what..... there's an election?! no one bothers to tell a first-year..
i'll fill you in. It is important that one's freedom is protected for the future generations to enjoy. Therefore i ask you kindly to examine all candidates equally, and perhaps realise that THE SASH is the best to provide that freedom. Im a 1st year, you can trust me!:ninja:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It is very difficult to be unaware of elections.

You'll see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)