Uni Questions (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
hi, i am really scared and nervous about uni.

i am worried i wont be able to pass any subjects.i got a uai of 85, the course i got into the cutoff was actually 94 but with my bonus points i got in.

anyone know if i will fail any subjects? so will a person with a uai of 85 pass any subjects?

i got lots of tutoring during my hsc, like alot around $20k worth of tutoring in year 12.

will i be able to find a tutor at uni?

please let me know. i am really worried

thank u in advance helpfull bosers
YES YOU WILL FAIL. Now GTFO noob

ascentyx

HSC
Two things:

First of all the course cutoff doesn't directly indicate the difficulty of the course. It's a supply and demand thing as well.

Secondly since what you are doing in uni is actually what you want to do (otherwise you wouldn't be there) you should be more motivated to work and hence should be able to go better. The problem comes in with the fact that the work is much harder but if you really try and put in effort you will achieve.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Re: bring lunch to uni?

I found a good trick to be, pack a lunchbox with separated sandwich fillings in the morning, then stop at the supermarket or bakery on the way to uni and grab a fresh bread roll/extras. Tear open the roll and shove it all in there at lunchtime and there's your gourmet lunch right there, for, like... 50c. None of that soggy left-all-day sandwich crap.
Picking up a drink at the supermarket rather than at uni saves $$, too, if that's your thing.
Lunch bought at uni is (usually) terrible and a huge drain on the wallet.

sl3epyAZN

HSC
Re: bring lunch to uni?

I guess i should bring lunch even though i havent brought food to school/uni for at least 11 years. People like their drinks cold so they rather spend the extra bux. hmm i probably buy a pork roll from the shops on the way to uni i guess since im terrible at making food.:[

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: will i fail uni?

two things:

First of all the course cutoff doesn't directly indicate the difficulty of the course. It's a supply and demand thing as well.

Secondly since what you are doing in uni is actually what you want to do (otherwise you wouldn't be there) you should be more motivated to work and hence should be able to go better. The problem comes in with the fact that the work is much harder but if you really try and put in effort you will achieve.
hsc 2008

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: will i fail uni?

lol @ people in this thread.

Taking piitb so seriously. 20,000 in 52 weeks. That's a minimum of $384 per week. Since YR12 doesn't gof or the whole year, it'd be more. Around 40 weeks it'd be $500/week on tuition fees.

Who's crazy enough to spend that much?
Simple logic guys.

ascentyx

HSC

Just because i have completely started uni yet it doesn't mean i don't understand how it works. So are you saying you disagree with me?

Does the course requirement not change based on supply and demand?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: will i fail uni?

i have a quick flick through asian newspapers and hsc tutoring ads have lists full of asians, some indians and a few whites (judging by their names) with high uais.
tutoring in the hsc is lol.

"for my son/daughter i pay many money for his/her tutoring so he/she can get in the commerce."

Just because i have completely started uni yet it doesn't mean i don't understand how it works. So are you saying you disagree with me?

its just newcomers dont have enough first hand experience.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

most courses do work of supply and demand but there are others that wont budge due to their standards and difficulty, so say if actuaries @ macq wasn't popular this year it doesnt mean the uai cut-off will drop significantly because generally it is a really tough course and they need students who are capable

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
it dont matter mate.
i know some friends who have done so well in the HSC, and screwed up uni and ended up giving up on uni and some friends who have done really crap in school but end up going through uni and succeeding.
but most important is that, if u really want the goal that u are aiming for, just focus and it will be hard for u to fail.

MJ-47

HSC
Re: what do i bring to uni

your the guy whose posted all these different threads of what should you wear and what to eat etc......dont be so scared of UNI, it'll come naturally

"Why fear the unknown when you can conquer it"
Courage Wolf.

spence

HSC

most courses do work of supply and demand but there are others that wont budge due to their standards and difficulty, so say if actuaries @ macq wasn't popular this year it doesnt mean the uai cut-off will drop significantly because generally it is a really tough course and they need students who are capable
No it doesn't have anything to do with the difficulty of the course

HSC
your parents should of spent the 20,000 of getting people to teach them NOT TO SPEND 20,000 ON SHIT.

btw, you'd think an 85 UAI, getting into your course and the fact that you've had so much tutoring would give you some confidence, eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)