uni or tafe (1 Viewer)

nipples---

HSC
does it really matter which one you go to after school? i want to do hospitality management and both offer. is uni just a big hype?? what are the pros/cons of each

conics2008

HSC
This is what I would of done, go to tafe so you can get a job faster then going to university.

Because Hosp managment doesn't require that much, only experience. soo good luck and think about

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
conics2008 said:
This is what I would of done, go to University so you can get a job faster then going to university.

Because Hosp managment doesn't require that much, only experience. soo good luck and think about it.
lol.

Team Rocket

HSC
N/A
conics2008 said:
This is what I would of done, go to University so you can get a job faster then going to university.

Because Hosp managment doesn't require that much, only experience. soo good luck and think about it.
Dumbest Response Eva!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Its an end to reach a means. Many people who go to TAFE initially end up applying for uni as mature age students to go higher up in their chosen profession to a level above Diploma at TAFE.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Team Rocket said:
conics2008 said:

Dumbest Response Eva!
i agree. firstly the average degree is around three years as opposed to one and a half to two years to do for the average diploma. secondly you contract yourself: you say only experience is required yet you are recommending the option which not only takes longer but also costs more money.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
Career Advisor, i do my hsc in tafe Pro's freedom, Freedom, FREEDOM,
and btw really i use 2 think people who go to tafe are like so dum. but thats not true i seriously believe there are like one of the smartest poeples that i know attend tafe. But lets not rule out the dropp nuts total dum fcks out there alot but dude they dont even turn up 2 class so whats difference.

but anyways just saying Tafe isnt so bad. Unless you get a really crap teacher. But other than that i think its a really professional environment

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
It depends if you want a degree or a diploma. If the tafe course is 2 years and the uni course is 3 years, i'd just do the extra year to get an actual degree.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
You go to a job interview. The two people have similar personalities and abilities. Who do you think will get the job? The common Tafe student, or the highly intellectual University student??? What a pointless thread...

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Team Rocket said:
Dumbest Response Eva!
No i agree with what he said completely, infact i was in this exact situation not too long ago, i am choosing TAFE cos i can get to my chosen career much faster, and if i end up deciding to do my second option (teaching) I can go to uni and do teaching and teach IT

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Aplus said:
You go to a job interview. The two people have similar personalities and abilities. Who do you think will get the job? The common Tafe student, or the highly intellectual University student??? What a pointless thread...
You shouldn't pigeon hole people based on their education, some of the most intelligent people i know dropped out in year 9, some of the dumbest are in the process of taking courses in physics and maths at UNSW.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It really isn't fair, but i suppose you cant blame people for their opinions...

frontin

HSC
-may-cat- said:
You shouldn't pigeon hole people based on their education, some of the most intelligent people i know dropped out in year 9, some of the dumbest are in the process of taking courses in physics and maths at UNSW.
LEGEND.

I can't wait to say "I told you so" to some of my friends after uni.

Them: "I'm gonna get 100 and do medicine"
Me: "oo what made you pick that?"
Them: ... ?
Me: "I mean like, you must really have an interest in that"
Me: "Well, I'm sure your parents would be proud"
Them: Yep, my Dad's a doctor and he earns heaps. I wanna make him proud.

frontin

HSC
Oh and by the way, hospitality management I think is more about experience and working your way up so I'd so go for the quicker alternative with practical elements and you'd be on your way!

I'm sure lots of successful people in that sector don't have degrees. So don't worry about it too much, it's really whether people will be willing to hire you for your merits, experience and personality.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
frontin said:
LEGEND.

I can't wait to say "I told you so" to some of my friends after uni.

Them: "I'm gonna get 100 and do medicine"
Me: "oo what made you pick that?"
Me: "I mean like, you must really have an interest in that"
Me: "Well, I'm sure your parents would be proud"
Them: Yep, my Dad's a doctor and he earns heaps. I wanna make him proud.
Im not vilifying people who go to uni or anything, if people want to go to uni to get a high paying job, good for them its probably a good idea. Im trying to say that just because you choose a different path to your future doesn't make you less intelligent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)